Why do slanted eyes exist?

Why do slanted eyes exist?

I can understand other racial traits, like black people having more melanin because of the climate, white people being really fair looking, etc, but why do asians have slanted eyes?Whats the evolutionary benefit of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigenous_peoples_of_Siberia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photokeratitiz
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs#C
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dmitry_Belyayev_(zoologist)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why is OP so dumb? Whats the evolutionary benefit of it?

What is the evolutionary benefit of being retarded and a faggot? Why do you exist?

The evolutionary advantage is that it's fuckin sexy.

Not all evolutionary traits are about "advantages".
Some just happen.
Why?
Because someone with other successful genes also happened to have other 'random' genes/mutations they passed on as well.

However, the same genes are also seen in similar groups, as Indigenous Siberians.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigenous_peoples_of_Siberia

Some have theorized such eyes evolved to cope with "snow blindness".

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photokeratitiz

So the Siberian population passed it on to Eastern People's, Indigenous North Americans, etc.

Continued...
Here is an example of "Snow Blindness Goggles" that indigenous people use in both Siberia and in North America.

They are closely related to Southern Asians.

Butthurt chinks

>Butthurt chinks
Why the racism?

Not everything is racism you fucking snowflake.

>Not everything is racism you fucking snowflake.
??
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs#C

Why can't /pol/ leave us alone
Do they honestly have nothing better to do with their time

fuck off wherever you came from, you don't barge into someone else's party and start babbling like a retard calling everyone out on their inhouse jokes in real life, do you?

we don't give a fuck about your current trends in being a faggot wuss

Racial slurs aren't "inhouse jokes" you bigot.

m8 I'm from /pol/ and even I want you fuck off back there. You're detracting from the thread.

Actually nevermind that statement. I just read the posts you were replying to. Carry on.

no one gives a fuck about your opinion, self important cunt

>no one gives a fuck about your opinion, self important cunt
cringe

>Some have theorized such eyes evolved to cope with "snow blindness".
No wonder it seems like so many leafs are asian these days

No one knows. It was probably a mutation that spread because it's a dominant trait. Not everything needs an evolutionary benefit.

The epicanthic fold is found not just in asians, but also in africans, europeans, all over the world basically.

>fuckoff wherever you came from
Pretty sure you're the transplant here, friendo

Living mostly at locations next to the coast, this trait is protecting their eyes from heavy winds.

the black/white thing makes no sense either

when it's hot you want to minimize absorbed energy and white reflects a lot of light whereas black absorbs it, so blacks should be present in cold climates and whites in hot climates

religion 2 sience 0

melanin protects from the UV exposure only

africans being on average much taller and thinner compared to for example short and thick inuit people is the difference in evolutionary heat absorption

>Living mostly at locations next to the coast
how is mongolia even remotely next to a coast.
ot kazakstan.or most of china.
this cant be the explanation

why a i dumb?i didnt make this thead as /pol/ bait, i dont give a fuck about /pol/tards, im genuinely curious?
why the fuck do you get so defensive if you are asian, are you denying that asians have slanted eyes?and did anyone said its a bad thing?

confirmed. There is sexual selection for eye slant

It is. You're assuming that there haven't been any migration periods. Living now in central China does not mean, that their ancestors lived exclusively there, too.

Asians gonna Asian.

Because if you even mention evolution (or climate change and some other topics) you get tons of triggered people on Veeky Forums. Its been like this since at least 2011, and I still have no idea why, or where these people come from.

Look up "epicantic fold".

Short story: it is about protection against cold climates. Also the skin colour is due to a sub cutaneous fat layer that also protects against the cold.

insulation for the eyes, asians evolved in ice age steppe

How stupid are people ITT?
They evolved in a windy climate, it was a way to protect their eyes

How did it get selected though? Did it simply piggyback a cooler mutation that actually provided attractivity/fertility/longevity advantages?

Genetic drift that reoccurred, the Khoisan of Africa have slanted eyes while having the oldest living genome.

It's possible that an older population in Africa related to or ancestors of the Khoisan migrated out dispersed into eurasia and the population that went east maintained that trait.

Sexual selection.

/thread

this
i'd blow a fat thicc load deep deep into a chink's eyes
straight through the eyelid into that sweet sweet pupil
fuck that's some good shit
balls aching just thinking about it tbqh famalamajamadingdong

But you have to put the cum in the pussy for sexual reproduction to work...

So much for sexual selection.

Take LSD. If you really want to die, at least try some psychedlics before you attempt it, especially if you haven't before. Yes there are risks, yes it coul be bad, but the potential benefits are that you get over what ever is making you want to die. IT worked for me. I hope you try it OP.

good post

Incas were superior to europeans.

... because?

Superior relative technology, culture and genetics.

On the highlands and in the deserts of most of Asia, there arent a lot of trees or other shade-granting structures so their eyes developed slants in order to block a portion of the sunlight.

>El peruANO

Actually, the melanin system has been implicated towards sexual efficacy. The lack of skin melanin has been linked to lower testosterone and mating inferiority.

chink

nigger

>everything i don't like is /pol/

spic

>snowflake roleplaying as evil scary /pol/

just how slanty eyes may just be some random dominant trait and not an actual evolutionary advantage, "/pol/" shitposts may be just to get faggots to cry more and not actually because everyone is literally hitler

t. certified chink

>Not everything needs an evolutionary benefit.
True, in fact some traits just come along for the ride when others are selected for.
Like that exercise where they selected friendly, social foxes and chased off the cagey, wild ones for 30 generations. Selecting for friendliness and sociability also brought floppy ears, a more domesticated dog style of breeding cycle. It's the case most used to illustrate the way traits don't necessarily serve any purpose but go with others that might.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dmitry_Belyayev_(zoologist)

>citation needed

*Citation required
unless you're a) a total dipshit and b) from the USA, then we understand why you posted that stupid shit.

melanin is in every fold in your brain, it is used to conserve heat in every arctic animal, which will be black skinned under it's white fur.
Holy shit, Amerifats, drop your racist angst for a few minutes and your iq might start to at least be effective if not any higher.

Sure you are not thinking of melanotan?

Around here it is called "Barbie dope" since it gives a tan, assists in keeping slim and has strongly heightened sex drive as a side effect. It has been used for more than 5 years that I know of, probably much longer in more closed circles.

Why do round eyes exist?
Chinks-1
Gaijin-0

Because with deeper set eyes and a pronounced nose bridge you get more or less the same protective effect.

I remember hearing it blocks glare from snow.

So, no one really knows

>replying to obvious bait
you negroes need /pol/

God gave the races of man different skin colours and facial characteristics so we'd know not to interbreed. Anal sex is fine...just no miscegenation. Checkmate, atheists.

I don't know if this is true at all but I remember reading that they have smaller eyes because it was ancient belief that evil spirits could enter through people's eyes, therefore people would marry partners with small eyes because the spirits couldn't posses them or whatever.

Why didn't God just make us unable to interbreed in the first place?

Checkmate

Rather related to the fact that asians have their origins in windy, dry plains. Their eyes obviously are beneficial if you want to avoid getting dust in your eyes constantly.

Cause god gave us free will

Checkmate Bill Nye