If my Dad has green eyes and my Mom had blue how is it possible that I dont have either??

Is this possible?? I was just telling my friend about my mom and how i wish i had bllue eyes and she was like oh you must have eyes like your dad then right and I realized I didn't.
Am I adopted? Is my Dad not my dad? Is my Mom not my Mom? Or is this all just scientifcally possible? Please answer quickly thank you.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_color
sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/02/070222180729.htm
medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=25003
genetics.thetech.org/how-blue-eyed-parents-can-have-brown-eyed-children
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuckold
youtu.be/RyTPRQq02XU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

go to bed kerry

Your dad got cucked by your whore mom

It's only 12:30

Is there a scientific reasoning to back that up?

>Is there a scientific reasoning to back that up?
No, but shitters love typing the word "cucked".

Even a quick look at wikipedia will sho eye colour genetics is considerably more complex than the high-school "brown-dominant blue-recessive" model.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_color
sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/02/070222180729.htm
medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=25003

genetics.thetech.org/how-blue-eyed-parents-can-have-brown-eyed-children

This

/thread

if you don't have either eye and people have two eyes then you are either not human or you are blind, in which case how would you know what color your parents eyes are? which leave that you have more than two eyes and that I think should be a greater concern to you than what color they are unless you are an alien in which case WE should be more concerned considering ...

Please don't be so literal. I have 2 eyes and both of them are dark brown.

is there a simpler version of any of this that lets me see what color two peoples eye colors of their children will be?

excpet the white parts i mean

>is there a simpler version of any of this that lets me see what color two peoples eye colors of their children will be?
No.
The "simpler version" is the single-gene Mendelian model, where brown eye colour is dominant and blue eye colour is recessive (and therefore brown-eyed children have at least one brown-eyed parent). That model isn't completely correct.

so blue and green can never equal brown?

OP, I'm sorry to tell you this, but your dad it's not your real dad.

>so blue and green can never equal brown?
They can, it's just rare.

One of these is true about me and i really hope it's just that i'm rare but the other answer would explain other things too I guess...

What things, OP? Maybe we could help you to find out whose of those two cases is the one you are.

Like I sort of have this kind of like crush on him? I mean nothing weird but i like him differently, you know? Other people have said that humans naturally have a gross out when they think of there relatives like thatso maybe thats why i think like that then?

Satan trips
Confirmed

what does that mean

fuck off, that's what

Have you ever heard of cuckolding?

someone else suggested that too

what are recessive genes?

((()))

your dad got cucked

>Your dad got cucked by your whore mom
this

>man makes joke
>autist gets asshurt
stay classy Veeky Forums

UPDATE: I asked my dad about it and he says i am 100% his daughter and there's no reason to freak out, sometimes people just don't have the same eye color as their parents is all.

Thank you everyone for all of your answers except for the unhelpful ones that were just jokes about my mom cheating on my dad.

>his daughter
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

is "tits or gtfo" a Veeky Forums approved theory?

You're actually retarded. If your mom cheated then your dad wouldn't know.

Both your parents have the allele for blue eyes and brown eyes. Your parents are heterozygous for the allele that causes eyecolour, meaning they have an allele for brown and one for blue eyes. Therefor you are homozygous for the recessive allele for blue eyes (chance = about 25%).
Congratulations... you now have a very basic understanding of genetics.

>Please don't be so literal.
>excpet the white parts i mean
lol

This

Ask your mother you stupid cunt. How the fuck would you father know?

That doesn't have to do with genetics, so much as who you were around. Two totally not related children who grow up as siblings will most likely have a sexual aversion to each other. Whereas two half-siblings who have never met until adolescence are very likely to be attracted to each other.

your mom cheated on your dad. he got cucked.

>he says i am 100% his daughter
>daughter
sweetie, you still have that Y-chromosome. you'll always a be a man no matter what clothes you put on. seek mental help.

>asks her dad
ask your mom, seed of cuck

Don't forget about your parents' parents...

Didnt think people would still reply to this thread, but my mom died when I was 6

You're his son not his daughter you retard

Also thank you two for these scientific explanations. They clear up a lot of confusing thoughts ive had recently, and i thank you for it. ^ ^

FYI there are cheap paternity test services out there. It's easy to obtain some of your parent's DNA.

yeah this guy should do that.
A father will always deny being cucked.

Hey kerry you're chads son.
Don't worry, it's superior genes.
Brown eyes are superior as long as they belong to chad

no.

>If my Dad has green eyes and my Mom had blue how is it possible that I dont have either?
(OP)
>I asked my dad about it and he says i am 100% his daughter

>your mom cheated on your dad. he got cucked.

>Ask your mother you stupid cunt. How the fuck would you father know?

>A father will always deny being cucked.

What are you trying to say?

Also what are *you* trying to say? Who's Chad?

Listen baby...

are there any good responses itt? my parents have dark green/blue green eyes and my brother and i are hazel. did my mom burn coal?

Early onset Alzheimer runs in my family plz fix will pay everything I own

stop tripfagging and i'll help you

Ask him his blood type.
Ask Mom blood type.

Post results.

Did nobody read the part where I mentioned my mom died

I think and gave some good genetic answrs about science

>parents with recessive eye color genes
>child with dominant eye color genes

Is time to start asking questions kiddo

What most people call blue eyes are just green/grey.

/thread

If you just get the paternity test you only need your father. After all you only want to know if HE is your father.
[spoiler] he isn't [/spoiler]

25% chance of brown eyes means 75% chance of cuckoldry. Why doesn't anybody do real science here?

This is actually very simple. There is a type of eye color known as hazel. It is a very common eye color and the phenotype is very sensitive to other genes making expression of eye color highly variable. It is likely that if you look at your father or mothers eyes you will find one or both of them do not have a "true" color as there will be smatterings of other colors mixed in. For example everyone says I have blue eyes from afar but up close there is grey, green, blue, and flecks of gold because I have hazel eyes. My sister who looks very similar to me in every other way has darker brown eyes.

tl;dr you have hazel eyes

Um excuse, but I believe you're missing the blatant nonzero chance of non-cuckoldry.

75% isn't sufficient enough to conclude that cuckoldry definitely occurred, only that it is extremely likely.

Yes Yes

.25/.75 = 1:3
.75/.25 = 3:1

This is why we need further evidence like that blood type.

all these /pol/lsters arguing about cuckoldry when there's a much simpler explanation

I can't be adopted, I remember my mom from when i was little

Kerry, this would all be so much easier if we could see your eyes for reference. Post pics

>/pol/ doesn't understand genetics and spams the word "cuckold", the thread.

spoiler alert

25% chance of brown eyes and 75% chance of cuckoldry.
I'm not even /pol/ because I'm a person of color

>Is this possible
is cuckoldry possible? yes.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuckold

Get a genetic paternety test. It's $100 and it will remove all doubt. It will also allow you to find your biological father.

>muh /pol/ meme when we talk about women cheating
why are you so anti-science? infidelity is very real and a huge problem.

"or previously married"
a study that blends married with not-married, then announces the results as being of married women.

plenty of other surveys show similar numbers... infidelity is around 20%. and quite possibly higher because many people don't get caught.

>25% chance of brown eyes and 75% chance of cuckoldry.
That's not even slightly how probability works.

Ok heres my eye

and my dads eye

sorry i dont know how to post albums at Veeky Forums

lmao check out this cuck

CAN SOMEBODY JUST TELL ME IF THESE EYE COLORS MAKE SENSE TOGETHER IT'S BEEN LIKE 3 DAYS

Good job OP, I've never seen such great shitposting here on Veeky Forums

*Agressivly starts drawing punney squares*

>25% chance of brown eyes means 75% chance of cuckoldry.

>75% isn't sufficient enough to conclude that cuckoldry definitely occurred, only that it is extremely likely.

>This is why we need further evidence like that blood type.

So What's the Blood Type of OP & OP's Parents?

>Your dad got cucked by your mom

Pic Related.

where would i find that?

please help

I ate blueberries and spinach yesterday, and today they were brown. It's possible.

>brown + brown -> 19%chance blue
No fucking way. go to africa. blacks almost always have brown eyes, two black parents clearly dont have a 19% chance to have a blue eyed baby.

same for asians.

either this chart is bullshit or it lacks information (for which populations it applies).

This

/pol/ has all colors and orientations. /pol/ is a board of peace. Well, I've seen some super angry natsoc trans people on /pol/, so nothing is 100%.

Chad... seriously newfag. Also I'm thinking underage. Whatever.

Do not get a paternity test! Finding out he isn't your father is going to do nothing but mess up your life.

GGWP OP.
Looks like your dad messed up

This "Kerry" is a very talented shitposting girl.
This thread is very special and funny

Wasn't there some study a while ago where they gave a random set of father/child parings who stated they were the genetic parents and found that like 10% weren't actually genetically related? I can't find the source right now but I've seen it several times before and it looked legit

Kinda makes you wonder about the cases where someone asks their friends to get tested to see if they have compatible bone marrow because the "bio dad" isn't compatible, but one of the friends mysteriously turns out to be a match.

Punnet square

They won't admit to the elephant in the room because they don't want to risk offending any snowflakes.
Dear Abby would sometimes have letters complaining about how the baby was much darker skinned than either of the legal parents. The mother was writing the letter with the husband reading over her shoulder, claiming that she hadn't cheated. The polite response from strangers was to ask if the kid were adopted.
Dear Abby would always assure that it's possible that light-skinned parents can have a dark-skinned bio child, without mentioning how small the odds are, rather than telling the parents to get tested to settle the matter once and for all.

youtu.be/RyTPRQq02XU

Wbu grandparents? They also factor.