Race and intelligence

Before you label me as /pol/ hear me out, I am actually just an user interested in genetics (it's my major) and I am actually half black. While there haven't been enough scientific studies to say for certain that the difference between racial average intelligence is caused majorly by racial genetic differences it's pretty well known that intelligence is based largely in part by genetics. With this in mind I think it is pretty safe to say that certain races have the genes that code for higher intelligence more often than other races.
What I don't understand is the taboo over discussing this? /pol/ and most skinheads don't actually understand basic genetics and just assume that are just genetically "better" and that is what a lot of liberal societies are scared of. But it doesn't actually work like that, if you gave the "intelligence" gene (Well there are many genes that code for this sort of thing) to a black embryo it would be just as intelligent as if you gave those genes to a white embryo, it just so happens that whites have those genes more often.
Why don't people accept and try to promote intelligence in all races so that way every race can be on a equal playing field genetically?

TLDR: Why don't we accept that different races have different average intelligences and try to fix that rather than pretend it doesn't exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2017/01/07/race-and-iq-the-case-for-genes/
web.mit.edu/fustflum/documents/papers/AshkenaziIQ.jbiosocsci.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=0elwpReIVnc
cairnsnews.org/2015/09/30/muslims-suffer-insanity-low-iq-recessive-disorders-from-1400-years-inbreeding/
web.stanford.edu/group/rosenberglab/papers/popstruct.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's pretty obvious that race and IQ has at least something to do with genetics but we can't admit it because that would be literally Hitler.

thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2017/01/07/race-and-iq-the-case-for-genes/

Also, how would you promote intelligence in other races? Eugenics? Because genetic engineering is not a thing yet

Because admitting that one race is, on average, more intelligent than others would hurt people's feelings. Apparently nowadays science cares more about feelings than fact. We need a good plague that targets morons. 99% of the stupidest people on this planet could die tomorrow, and it would be the best thing that ever happened to the human race.

because the paradigm shift will dismantle entire industries built of nurture-ism. If intelligence was as hereditary as athleticism, are daycares, enrichment centers and academics all going to start stripping?

Genetic engineering of humans is less a problem for technology and more one for morality. We could genetically engineer humans right now, but faggots would lose their minds over the first human genetic fuck up made my Monsanto. Even if there were zero fuck ups bitch ass, good for nothing, SJW, garbage humans would still get a sandy vagina over it.

>muh eugenics is bad

If youve ever had this thought do mankind a favor and set yourself on fire.

everything will change once we can control and modify genes. Human life will be changed forever. I don't actually expect for us to last through the end of the century because people will go apeshit

Birth control and abortions are one way until we can actually isolate the genes that code for intelligence.

>If intelligence was as hereditary as athleticism, are daycares, enrichment centers and academics all going to start stripping?
So according to you, sports industry doesn't exist? Gyms?

anyways fuck this dogwhistle thread with meme charts and "i swear i'm not racist" in every other post

This is because of the over-representation of liberal ideologies in STEM, everyone considers it morally wrong to question this idea and so no one attempts to study it for fear of being called racists. I'm liberal myself and have seen some reservations among colleagues about testing certain things because they just assume the outcome before hand. As much as I disagree with many conservative views I believe it is essential to have a mix of ideological backgrounds in STEM to cover more perspectives.

You can't make a politically correct D1 sports team, you make social club sports team. The same is true above the neck. some people will respond to training better than other and such is true for booklearning. This is why only so many people can be nobel laureates or bodybuilders- they are genetic snowflakes and different populations have different prevalence.

Heh...stick to the physical jobs goyim, we'll handle the brain work.

>We could genetically engineer humans right now
Do you mean IVF selection? That is of limited use right now, we need to decode the genome some more

>muh eugenics is bad
>If youve ever had this thought do mankind a favor and set yourself on fire.
I'm not at all against eugenics. I was just wondering that if OP really is half-black, what is his solution? Is he going to go with eugenics?

A very aggressive eugenics program would actually solve a lot of the problems in Africa and the Middle-East. The population in those regions is increasing in a completely unsustainable manner. Aggressive eugenics program would be a perfect cure for both unchecked population growth and low IQ, but unfortunately the political climate right now is very much against eugenics. And even it weren't, I think that countries in Africa and ME are way too stupid to be able to implement such things anyway

How would eugenic issues solve population growth? The sustainability issues are resource driven, not due to burden of people with "bad" alleles. Birth control and family planning are way more cost effective than having to screen millions of people for complex genetic traits.

Not rendering aid would solve the population problem cheaper and easier. Good luck getting Africans to go along with eugenics, and there's no way to forcibly impose it.

Because race is irrelevant. IQ should be your focus. We shouldn't accept retarded white people just because of your emotions about blacks.

Unfortunately we have to find a solution for all dumb people no matter the color, including whites like you that shitpost on boards pretending to be black just to stir the pot.

>How would eugenic issues solve population growth?
You sterilize half the population before they have kids, and by doing that you cut down the birthrate by fair amount. As for resources, the less people you have, the more resources there are per person. In theory, a eugenics program, if aggressive enough, could at least stop population growth

>Good luck getting Africans to go along with eugenics, and there's no way to forcibly impose it
Yes, I realize that it's impossible in practice. In practice the only option is to let nature do it's thing

>and try to promote intelligence in all races so that way every race can be on a equal playing field genetically?
Why should we do this?
Scientists and doctors can do their jobs without being rainbows.
>dogwhistle
Thing about dogwhistles is only dogs can hear them.

Nothing about the sports industry is genetic. Every famous player had a lifetime of training and tons of professional training. Most of the time, it's a large portion of the family that is involved in the sports industry, like the Manning family.

From what I've seen, this thread is simply about information, not action. Your comment misses the point because nobody is talking about giving white people more rights or finding a "solution" about anything.

First of all OP, the answer to your tl;dr is .

Secondly you have no idea how genetics works either if you think we can just grab a intelligence gene and chuck it to someone who doesn't have it. There are a billion and one factors to consider in the formation and application of the brain and all of those are interlinked with genes that control shit other than the brain as well.

>while there haven't been enough scientific studies to say for certain that the difference between racial average intelligence is caused majorly by racial genetic differences its pretty well known that intelligence is based largely in part by genetics.

"While science has not confirmed my proposal, I think we can all agree that im pretty close to being right."

And I'll say this again. Race does not determine intelligence. Education does.

Does intelligence depend on brain function or not?
Is brain function dependent on brain structure or not?
Are brains built out of proteins or not?
Are proteins genetically coded or not?
Do races have different gene frequencies or not?
To all the above, science has indisputably proven: NO.

Will a chimpanzee educated alongside human children in a classroom setting perform as well as humans?
Science says YES.

If you think in terms of races you need to exit the gene pool
Read some fucking biological anthropology and get out of here

>tfw my ancestry within the past 500 years is almost pure
>almost

Filthy fucking mutt. Kill yourself and your race mixing ancestors. Nobody wants you, not blacks, not whites, not even the wild asian that sailed the seas millennias ago in order to get some of that sweet puss

>And I'll say this again. Race does not determine intelligence. Education does.

You can say it a million times but that won't make it true. I'd like to see some evidence if you have any. Also just in case you're a massive retard, keep in mind that correlation does not prove causality

>If you think in terms of races you need to exit the gene pool
>Read some fucking biological anthropology and get out of here

>hurr durr my sociology professor says that race is not real hurr durr

No troll, there are genetic differences between populations, you could call that races, but there is no 'white' and 'black' race

So are you saying that race causes low IQ or that it correlates with it?

It's a complex issue but if I had to boil it down to one sentence, I'm saying that low IQ is caused by genes and that low IQ correlates with race

what if these genetic disorders were put in blacks there would be an IQ increase, you can clearly see the increased neuron growth from sphingolipid disorders

here is another image demonstrating the power of sphingolipid disorders

what if I call one of the populations white and another population black?

Except it's known that genes are involved in intelligence.

Race is used just because it is easier to explain in every day language.

You can but there is still more genetic diversity within those two than there is between the two

Source?
Right up my alley this kind of stuff

Where can I find research papers on intelligence and race? I'd like to start somewhere but have no idea where these papers are published.

>O.2% Ashkenazi

WE'RE all GONNA MAKE IT BRO

web.mit.edu/fustflum/documents/papers/AshkenaziIQ.jbiosocsci.pdf

Inb4 attempt at appeal to authority

T. Got picked last in gym class
Peoples are not uniform and many will have no choice but to play from behind. You can't do good for these people without being level about it.

>I am actually half black
common /pol/ tactic is to claim to be a minority in order to their perception of being a minority insulates you from criticism

nobody is falling for it /pol/

go back

stop bumping threads you don't like you imbecile, no one gives a fuck about your opinion

>nobody gives a fuck about your opinion
nobody gives a fuck about your opinion either shitbird

now go back

I give a fuck about his opinion and agree with it. This post reeks of /pol/.
here ill give you what you want. Science undisputed says you personally are inherently better than every single person who is darker color than you. there ya go

>is incapable of interpretating bell curve distribution
You should be expelled desu

C'mon man the entire future of the western countries hangs on this ongoing demographic change. The whole idea is that we just have to stop being racist and all these people will become just like us. This is deeply delusional given all the evidence there is for genetic intelligence. And in the meanwhile the best people like you can do is "WAAAH GET OFF MAH SAFE SPACEE!!!!"

>And in the meanwhile the best people like you can do is "WAAAH GET OFF MAH SAFE SPACEE!!!!"
im not the one advocating for making my entire country a safespace because i dont like brown people

I thought it was common knowledge that the Black-White IQ gap is partly genetic, honestly. I just figured people were being polite about it, which is good. Now I've come to believe there are people on Veeky Forums who think the gap is entirely environmental. How can this be?

So I agree that intelligence is inheritable and Blacks have a lower IQ, but I was thinking, aren't inheritable traits usually only a maximum? If you're male, you have a higher capacity of growing muscles, but if you don't exercise, you're going to be a weakling, so isn't intelligence the same, genetics only guarantees a maximum if you actually learn and are taught how to think? If Blacks really do have worse schools and have problems in school thanks to outside factors, and sometimes an anti-intellectual mindset, wouldn't that decrease the ability for them to "exercise their brain", so to say?

>who think the gap is entirely environmental.
well you see it's entirely environmental except for the thousands of years of adaptation and selection pressure to the disparate environments the various races evolved in :^)

environmental pressures only go back one generation don't you see :^)

I'm part-black and don't give a fuck if there's a genetic component. I know my own abilities. So please, white fellas, stop getting indignant on my behalf.

Even if blacks have an IQ inferior by an average of 5 points, what do you intend to do about it?
Bring back slavery?
Refuse them healthcare?

>99% of the stupidest people on this planet could die tomorrow, and it would be the best thing that ever happened to the human race.
Apart from total societal collapse, of course.

Personally, I like living in a society where there are enough people to do all the basic work that contemporary civilisation requires, like pulping the wood to make the toilet paper I enjoy, and maintaining the sewer system to take my shit far the fuck away from me.

But some people are happy to simply dump their shit onto a Czech homebrew bulletin board.

A lack in stimulating environment in childhood, usually because of poverty, does lower the potential IQ

>so isn't intelligence the same

On the contrary, muscular development is actually more genetic and something you can eugenize in around 3 generations to a significant(although not spectacular) effect.

Intelligence is dominated by genetics as much as teeth growth, its there to make sure that you have teeth and they grow in a certain way but the way you chew and clean them are the determining factors in the end.

Intelligence is actually far more heritable in monkeys than in humans.

It's more like 20 to 30 points. Blacks in America have a lot of white admixture.

You can make a probable guess that there is a difference in IQ distributions between populations defined as "black" and populations defined as "white." The problem with that assertion and with asserting the causal element or elements, or even more precisely to what extent genetics is what's producing the large differences in IQ distributions seen among and between populations. Part of this is that intelligence is a very resource intensive trait: if there is a scarcity of resources either because of low calorie diet or because the body is busy devoting its energy to not dying of a disease, if the brain is not presented with cognitively demanding information that does increase intelligence, or if one of the not-yet-identified specific steps in the transition from encoded gene to trait are not met or are met in one or another way, the trait is altered. The closest attempt at equalizing these conditions as you would in a laboratory setting is twin studies, and even those are fraught with biases and low statistical power. This doesn't make covering your ears and saying "all equal!" logical, but it makes an extreme level of caution when claiming to have concrete conclusions on these factors or, what's more, making public policy choices on these actions, a very sensible position. Consider, cognitive ability is our most complex trait and one without equal anywhere else in the animal kingdom. To describe it in a simplified gene→protein→trait framework misses a lot of what's actually going on, lots of which we don't have a clue on.

I realize now I spoke a bit of grammatical nonsense, apologies for sleepiness. I think the message got across though.

alright since it looks like the /pol/ asshurt anonymous meeting has moved to this thread, let me ask one of you faggots an important but sincere question:

what is the difference between race and population? as far as I'm concerned, race is just one way we categorize and distinguish populations of people across the planet

I can't even imagine being this retarded.

>O.2% Ashkenazi

Ethiopian Jew detected.

Race is any population more related to each other establishing an ingroup vs outgroup. It can be as narrow as branches in a family tree or as broad as continental aggregation.

A population is a group of organisms breeding together with a common gene pool. The alleged definition of race includes many populations, some of which mix and some of which don't depending on what you think the races are.

But m8, i'm Nigerian

so basically it's just another way grouping humans into populations

igbo master race detected

Well not into what you define as a "population" in biology, because in the field it has a concrete definition which isn't typically synonymous with how race is defined. To put an example, if you were stranded with your cousins in an island and you and your progeny only bred with each other you'd be your own population, but I don't think /pol/ would define you as your own race

well modern migrations have disturbed the traditional geographic boundaries between populations aka races, nobody is denying that, but it's not like entire phenotypes were selected against and eliminated in a few generations or that allele frequencies have changed.

I doubt race and intelligence really have much genetic correlation. I think that if there is any relation at all it is due to culture. For instance, Asian countries have a deeply ingrained positive attitude towards excelling in academics due to the Chinese implementing the civil service exam hundreds of years ago. Likewise, Cauasian people developed a high regard for education through the Greeks/Romans and eventually the chruches that preserved knowledge during the dark ages. African people were at a disadvantage because the tribal hunter-gather life style that was favored didn't require a great deal of knowledge, however it did require enhanced reaction muscles.

>I doubt race and intelligence really have much genetic correlation.
>however it did require enhanced reaction muscles.
say it with me
RACE
REALISM

I think you're missing my point, by the way /pol/ and friends tend to define race it can encompass multiple populations that are all in their own right isolated. The white settlers of Tristan da Cunha haven't bred with outsiders in centuries, making them their own population, but their race is not tristanian. Similarly, that Latin Americans originally had a single ancestral origin and bred with each other made some people of exclusive african or european or amerindian origin part of the same gene pool, and part of the same population but not necessarily the same race

>The white settlers of Tristan da Cunha haven't bred with outsiders in centuries
it only takes 1 major mating event in ~20 generations to prevent genetic drift and restore allele frequencies

>Igbo

H-how do you know I am Igbo?

We have too many of these threads. Stop making them.

I would tolerate it if they showed up once a week, but instead we're getting 3-4 a day.

Good luck on that, white boy. Somalians with a bunch of leftover Soviet AK's and burning tires kicked the shit out of the most technologically advanced mechanized army on the planet. And then they dragged your boys' corpses through the street, live on CNN. And that was just a drug raid. You want to cut our balls off? Bring it, Eurofag.

Africa has over a billion hungry brothers. If we ever unified? You I.Q. fags would be dropping nukes on Hamburg just to slow us down.

Promote intelligence through culture and birth control.

/thread.

>It's more like 20 to 30 points
lol

white admixture of 15-20% would not get blacks in america to 85-90 if they had an iq of 20 points lower in africa - that's utter nonsense

not to mention blacks in the UK score around 90 as well and they don't have white admixture
not to mention that a group of slaves from west africa is probably not representative of the population of west africans

basically the differences are very very small and not very significant
>say it with me
>RACE
>REALISM
say it with me
ARABS
ARE
WHITE

>lower by 10 IQ points
>nearly 1 STD less
>not significant
this is not a safe space, user. Even you got BTFO by your own graph when it turned out to be 10 and not just 5.

Anyone who writes that they can survive without the people who score high on that video game you call an I.Q. test has never seen a garbage strike. Those lawyers and engineers? They drown in their own shit waiting for some brother to come and take it away.

I'm not the guy with the cat.
5-10 points, it's small, especially since iq explaines like 20% of the variance in achievement of a person
Here we see chinese having a 10 point lead in math skill.

oh on a side note:
chinese standard deviation of IQ isn't actually lower as can be seen

youtube.com/watch?v=0elwpReIVnc

My man are you retarded or do you always argue with memes? Do you really have to construct a retarded strawman to argue your point? I was never advocating for a 100% pure ethno-state

Ok, but how many of those people do we really need? Given the rate that automation is advancing at, I don't think we need that much low-IQ workforce

Is this a sincere point, or just retarded semantics? You can call the so-called "races" different populations, if that makes you feel better. It still won't change the fact that different populations have different average IQ

> For instance, Asian countries have a deeply ingrained positive attitude towards excelling in academics
This explains nothing. Why do asians have a culture that values education? Did culture just fall out of the sky, for no reason at all? Or could it be that asians value education because they're good at it? Could it be that they're good at it because they have a relatively high average IQ? What is culture if not a collection of our individual actions? Could it be that those individual actions are influenced by genetics?

Look mang, race denialism is such an asinine point. What you're arguing as that because of continuum fallacy, race doesn't exist. The reason why this is incredibly retarded is because if you can deny race, you can deny everything (I wrote a more comprehensive post about this before, but Veeky Forums deleted the thread because muh narrative)

>Is this a sincere point, or just retarded semantics? You can call the so-called "races" different populations, if that makes you feel better. It still won't change the fact that different populations have different average
It is a sincere point, given the responses by so-called "geneticists" to race realist propositions. I'm pretty sure we both have similar beliefs. Stop trying to bash everybody in this thread like a triggered faggot.

Ok, fair enough. We can call them different populations, if that semantic point satisfies you

negro, jews have an iq of 115, euros of 100, hispanics in the 90's
those are all the same race and the gaps have different causes

asians range from 90 to 107 - same race

you btfo'd race in your own post
see here indians vs pakis and bangladeshi not only the same race but the same ethnicity have a gap

>negro, jews have an iq of 115, euros of 100, hispanics in the 90's
>those are all the same race and the gaps have different causes
>asians range from 90 to 107 - same race
And this point gets us back to the definition of race. All I've ever argued is that different populations have different IQs. That is in no way in contradiction to the point you raise.

>you btfo'd race in your own post
see here >indians vs pakis and bangladeshi not only the same race but the same ethnicity have a gap
First of all, I'm not that guy. Second of all, what does this point have to do with anything? Pakis have been inbreeding for a millennia, of course their IQ is going to be low. Here's some fun reading for you: cairnsnews.org/2015/09/30/muslims-suffer-insanity-low-iq-recessive-disorders-from-1400-years-inbreeding/

>And this point gets us back to the definition of race. All I've ever argued is that different populations have different IQs. That is in no way in contradiction to the point you raise.
>Look mang, race denialism is such an asinine point.
read your own posts
race has a clear definition
unbiased computers can easily figure it out
pic related, your race is depicted

inbreeding is a non-issue since it disappears within a generation
if inbreeding is the cause of arabs having lower average IQ's then that's good news for them since that's not even a genetic issue for the population
i personally doubt it's inbreeding, since iceland is very inbred and that's your case study for you

we've seen it before
italians had an iq of 85 once, poles weren't white due to having a different culture, the irish etc. etc.
if they weren't muslim they'd just be considered white, which they should anyway

since islam isn't a race

forgot pic

fucking non white basques and sardinians lmao

>read your own posts
Oh god you're so retarded I don't even know where to begin. I'm not that infograph guy if that helps you
>race has a clear definition
>unbiased computers can easily figure it out
>pic related, your race is depicted
I think you forgot the pic, my high IQ sire
>inbreeding is a non-issue since it disappears within a generation
[citation needed]
>if inbreeding is the cause of arabs having lower average IQ's then that's good news for them since that's not even a genetic issue for the population
What are you on mate? It is precisely a genetic issue. It would help if they stopped inbreeding (which they won't) but even if they did there is no guarantee that their IQ will ever be as high as Europeans
>i personally doubt it's inbreeding, since iceland is very inbred and that's your case study for you
Icelanders don't marry their cousins, definitely not as often as muslims do. And if you want to argue that they do, please do give me a source

>we've seen it before
>italians had an iq of 85 once, poles weren't white due to having a different culture, the irish etc. etc.
>if they weren't muslim they'd just be considered white, which they should anyway
>since islam isn't a race
This is such an asinine point. What are you arguing here? That because someone somewhere sometime might have gotten something wrong, everything even remotely related is also wrong? As for muzzies, you can call them a different population instead of race if that helps

>btw muslim insanity
negro if you control for age (youth are more criminal) and class some muslims in europe are about as criminal as whites in america (north african scum excluded, but middle east - sure)

>there is no guarantee that their IQ will ever be as high as Europeans
yes there is
here's your guarantee pic related, some more guaranteeing

web.stanford.edu/group/rosenberglab/papers/popstruct.pdf

No, no they're not. Pic related

Where? Where is it? All I see is different populations

>rosenberg
this is precisely a report that clearly guarantees
k=5 reflects biggest jumps in continuity, but for 2,3,4,5,6 same result as far as this is concerned

an unbiased computer clusters euros and mena as THE SAME RACE
>All I see is different populations
Are you stupid?
look at figure 1

also you ignored my post
>if you control for age and class

>science is a jewish conspiracy!
>I can't refute the data, so I'm calling you a jew!

The paper shows that trying to divide people into difference 'races' based on genetic factors would never produce what we commonly call race.

>also you ignored my post
>if you control for age and class
Are you literally too stupid to read? That graph controls for age and income, income being a proxy for class

>Are you stupid?
>look at figure 1
What of it? What does it matter?

unless we agree to define race based on genetics and not culture
then we have a choice of 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 etc. clusters
5 is the best one since it reflects biggest jumps in continuity
objectively mena and europe belong to the same race - that's a fact

as i said in one of my previous posts - irish italians, slavs were not considered white at one point because white is a cultural idea and not based on genetics as even /pol/fags have now found out, since an unbiased computer simply puts down ahmed as white

i have no idea what the jew thing is about
>what of it?
the k-means clustering algorithm puts france and palestine as the same race

when you say 'islam isn't a race dumb liberals' make sure to qualify what race are syrians next time OK?