Human Genetic Engineering

Are we too old to end competing with genetically engineered children?

Please tell me we are too old!

I'm 25. I don't want to be a middle aged man and suddenly become surrounded by 290 IQ, 7'5 millionaire Chinese kids.

And fuck everyone who thinks that genetic engineering sounds like a fun future. It's going to be fucking ridiculously dystopian. Literally two species of humans. Literally a subhuman race compromising most of humanity.

Other urls found in this thread:

sunfert.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

On other hand, youre the first humans to experience genetic engineering. If you are the first people to achieve biological immortality, thats a huge legup

>and suddenly become surrounded by 290 IQ
I would argue that the optimal is not the same as the highest IQ. Let's say between 130 and 160.
>And fuck everyone who thinks that genetic engineering sounds like a fun future.
I don't think that, I do think that genetic engineering will be much more difficult as people imagine it is

No. My kids are gonna have better genes than yours

>implying a nobody like you will be allowed to access to the procedure

>If you are the first people to achieve biological immortality thats a huge legup.
That pill that causes shit load of cancer in mice, but reversed their age is going into human testing this fall.

That leg up is coming too soon.

Just because you're born to be better doesn't make you better.
(Skill = Hard Work + Knowing how to do it.)

Skill + Talent > Skill + No Talent > No Skill + Talent > No Skill + No Talent
People born with Talent if they do not work towards a real goal or become self-centered will never develop Skill.

Try 1000 IQ. Try the ability to visualize four dimensions intuitively. Try near-perfect recall of every text you've ever read. Try reading speeds of 50 pages per minute. If you don't believe this is possible, read Steve Hsu's article.

I'll beat them up and take their lunch money.

Heh nothing personnel genetically modified nerds.

Get back to work, filthy Morlock!

>People born with Talent if they do not work towards a real goal or become self-centered will never develop Skill.
The propensity to work hard, 'grit' as psychologists call it, has a significant genetic component, (~30%) so they can engineer a baby that will be more likely to work hard.

Its happening.

Also see sunfert.com/

I'm sure that 290 IQ 7'5" Chinese kids would find some way to let you catch up to them in both intelligence and height.

>Chinese
they don't regard anyone other than family to be human at all
why would they even consider aiding someone else, let alone giving them the same things they have

> chart makes it look like progress has been made with crohns disease
> still don't have a clue what causes it
> still using medication from the 50s

Surely altruism is genetically influenced on some level and would be a valued trait installed into our genetically superior overlords.

The chart shows that at least a part of what causes Crohns disease is genes.

You have seen too much Gataca

What if they're genetically modified to look like this

True but not the mechanisms

>I would argue that the optimal is not the same as the highest IQ. Let's say between 130 and 160.
This is a good point. It will be interesting to see what kind of autism 290 IQ people might have

>I don't think that, I do think that genetic engineering will be much more difficult as people imagine it is
It depends on the technique, doesn't it? I haven't been following the research too closely but IVF selection is not that far away afaik

>That pill that causes shit load of cancer in mice, but reversed their age is going into human testing this fall.
Would you happen to have a link for this? Sounds very interesting

>hindering yourself to benefit others for free
if you asked a chinaman to do that, they'd look at you like your head was on fire