Climate change hockey stick data producer is being found in contempt of court and about to lose the legal battle...

Climate change hockey stick data producer is being found in contempt of court and about to lose the legal battle proving his climate change data was fraudulent.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenland_ice_sheet
twitter.com/MichaelEMann/status/883520553956646912
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

does this really surprise anyone? so-called climate "scientists" can't seem to get their story/model straight for what, 40 years now?

>data "science"
not science, but i'd argue popsci getting BTFO is on topic and very welcome

nonmeme source or it didn't happen

europe =/= global

Greenland's ice melt screwing up the Gulf stream cools it off.

>strawman

Climate science is not science.

Oh the irony

"Ball claimed, in an article written for the Calgary Herald, that he was the first person to receive a PhD in climatology in Canada, and that he had been a professor for 28 years,[47] claims he also made in a letter to then-prime minister of Canada, Paul Martin.[48] Dan Johnson, a professor of environmental science at the University of Lethbridge, countered his claim on April 23, 2006, in a letter to the Herald stating that when Ball received his PhD in 1983, "Canada already had PhDs in climatology," and that Ball had only been a professor for eight years, rather than 28 as he had claimed. Johnson, however, counted only Ball's years as a full professor.[49] In the letter, Johnson also wrote that Ball “did not show any evidence of research regarding climate and atmosphere.”[41]

In response, Ball filed a lawsuit against Johnson. Ball's representation in the case was provided by Fraser Milner Casgrain.[50] Johnson's statement of defense was provided by the Calgary Herald, which stated that Ball "...never had a reputation in the scientific community as a noted climatologist and authority on global warming," and that he "...is viewed as a paid promoter of the agenda of the oil and gas industry rather than as a practicing scientist."[48] In the ensuing court case, Ball acknowledged that he had only been a professor for eight years, and that his doctorate was not in climatology but rather in geography,[41] and subsequently withdrew the lawsuit on June 8, 2007.[48][51]"

Fake news.

>Contrary to the nonsensical allegations made by John O’Sullivan in his July 4 posted on climatechangedispatch.com and elsewhere, plaintiff Michael Mann has fully complied with all of his disclosure obligations to the defendant Tim Ball relating to data and other documents.
>No judge has made any order or given any direction, however minor or inconsequential, that Michael Mann surrender any data or any documents to Tim Ball for any purpose.
>Accordingly it should be plain and obvious to anyone with a modicum of common sense that Mann could not possibly be in contempt of court.
>Just to be clear: Mann is not defying any judge. He is not in breach of any judgment. He is not, repeat not, in contempt of court. He is not in breach of any discovery obligations to Ball.
>In this context, O’Sullivan’s suggestion that Ball “is expected to instruct his British Columbia attorneys to trigger mandatory punitive court sanctions” against Mann is simply divorced from reality.
>Finally, a word about the actual issues in the British Columbia lawsuit.
>If O’Sullivan had read Ball’s statement of defence, he would immediately see that Ball does not intend to ask the BC Court to rule that Mann committed climate data fraud, or that Mann in fact did anything with criminal intent.
>O’Sullivan would have noticed that one of Ball’s defences is that the words he spoke about Mann (which are the subject of Mann’s lawsuit) were said in “jest.”
>The BC Court will not be asked to decide whether or not climate change is real.
So there is no chance whatsoever that any BC Court verdict about Mann’s libel claims against Ball will vindicate Donald Trump’s perspective on climate change.

No, it seems like he's making a pretty reasonable argument. You're just retarded.

>shill sweeps in to spam in defense of his climate religion

There is no ice in Greenland retard.
You're thinking of Antarctica.

>accuse anyone who questions your bullshit source of shilling
Another succesful /pol/ thread

How is that even a strawman in the first place? You're just trying to wrongfully discredit what he posted because it makes you look bad.

This is bait.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenland_ice_sheet

It looks like Tim Ball's legal defense in the defamation suit brought against him by climate scientist Michael Mann has gone entirely off the rails. Its a long story, and one that I must admit fell off the radar for me to the point where I didn't realize how weird it was all getting.

It began back in March of 2011, when Ball accused Mann of scientific misconduct for his role in what has come to be known as "Climategate". Mann launched a defamation suit, and Ball turned for legal advice to one John O'Sullivan, co-author and driving force behind Slaying The Sky Dragon, a book purporting to "expose the climate fraud". You've heard it all before; the only thing distinguishing Sky Dragon from other similar titles was its sheer awfulness; not even the skeptic friendly Judith Curry could get behind its theories.

In any case, O'Sullivan went about his duties with great enthusiasm. Here he is, for example, soliciting funds for Tim Ball's defense at Anthony Watts blog. Similar pleas for cash dating from the same time-frame can be found elsewhere. More recently, O'Sullivan joined the chorus of people who have compared Mann to fellow Penn State luminary Jerry Sandusky.

However, a couple of days ago, science journalist Andrew A. Skolnick left the following comment on Michael Mann's facebook page:

Continued

It's depressingly hilarious that one of the loudest-mouthed crackpots "linking" Prof. Mann to "pedophiles" is a former school teacher whose career ended in scandal almost a decade ago following his arrest and trial for sending dozens of obscene text messages to a 16-y-o school girl. Former high school art teacher John O'Sullivan was acquitted after his step-daughter testified she had sent the obscene messages -- testimony that the judge said he did not find fully credible. O'Sullivan then published an autobiographical novel (titled "Vanilla Girl") in which he defends what he called "kiddie fiddling" -- I kid you not.*

Now, the thing with it is, he's not kidding. Every point in the above has been thoroughly documented, even the last bit. For example, this series of emails traces the laborious process by which Mr. Skolnick confirmed that O'Sullivan purchased his law degree from "Hill University", an on-line diploma mill that sells any degree in any field with a "promised delivery in just 14 days!" Here is a brief account of O'Sullivan's trial, and if you are so inclined, Vanilla Girl can be found through Google.

But wait! There's more! And it gets even weirder! Skolnick next took O'Sullivan to The Law Society of British Columbia for representing himself as a consultant with Pearlman Lindholm, Tim Ball's real lawyers. The society then opened an investigation into Michael Scherr of Pearlman Lindholm for allowing an unauthorized person to practice law. Here's the result of that investigation; the society accepted Scherr's contention that O'Sullivan worked for Ball, not the firm and, well, Scherr just assumed the guy was a lawyer.

stop spamming reddit comments and facebook posts faggot

Read the shit you retarded /pol/ cow. Anti climate change denialist is getting in trouble for making false information for conservative sites.

Not an argument.

not an argument

So let's review, everything underlined in red is delusional nonsense, legally and/or factually incorrect.

John O'Sullivan must have serious mental issues.

Literally not an argument.

>Shitposts factually incorrect blog post from a pedophile who lies about being a lawyer
>>None of that is true, and the guy who posted it is a pedophile who lies about being a lawyer
>NOT AN ARGUMENT, YOU MUST TAKE MY POST SERIOUSLY AND PROVE ME WRONG

the fact that he's a terrible person has no bearing on whether the shit's true or not, so why don't you post some hard info instead of tears and plebbit rhetoric?

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
The source claiming that Mann is in compliance is at least as credible as the (single) source claiming that Mann is not in compliance.

>the fact that he's a terrible person has no bearing on whether the shit's true or not
The fact that he's a liar and a legal fabulist is certainly relevant. Also the fact that his claims are false according to Mann's own lawyer. The burden of proof is on you to prove these claims, not on me to disprove them. That you unquestionably swallow this crap indicates that you are incapable of doing so.

>i don't have shit but you don't either!
you idiots really need to get off your high horses
this whole thing is shit, terrible and with no good info all around. and you coming here pretending to have a high ground with your position and then having literally nothing more than "hurr we're at least as credible as the other side which is shit" is fucking ridiculous
just fuck off

>so why don't you post some hard info instead of tears and plebbit rhetoric?
Are you mentally deficient? You seem to be lacking in self-awareness since you posted no hard info to support the idiotic blog you yourself shitposted.

>all people who disagree with me are the same person
if when asked for your position all you have is "hurr the other side is shit too" then you should probably not say anything at all

>posts shit without any evidence
>gets BTFO
>demands evidence to counter no evidence
Who exactly is pretending to have the high ground? You are a massive hypocrite like your source. If you don't want to to get BTFO by blogs, then don't start a fucking thread with a blog post, fuckhead.

My position is that everything this guy claimed is wrong, per Mann's lawyer and various spectators of the legal dispute. Are you illiterate or just lying about what I wrote?

That is more than enough to counter this crackpot.

>your source
you really don't get it, do you? I didn't start the thread. it's shit, and you idiots don't have anything good to say either so shut the fuck up

>I didn't start the thread, but I'm just going to respond to people who showed the OP is wrong and tell them to shut up
Gee, I wonder who this could be...

>showed
you didn't show shit. the idiot posted some shitty rambling and you replied with some inane plebbit rhetoric. both sides are incredibly retarded and both need to fuck off. I'm telling YOU to shut the fuck up because you're the one bumping the thread

Pic related, you're full of shit
YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG
YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG

>he says I say
why don't any of these retards post any source or court document? fuck liberal arts

>plebbit rhetoric
>you're the one bumping the thread
OK OP, nice troll.

it's a statement from Michael Mann's lawyer:
twitter.com/MichaelEMann/status/883520553956646912

So you are arguing that both sides are shitty since they didn't present any evidence, yet you present no evidence, just call them idiots.

You then complain about bumping the thread while bumping the thread.

Your posts are worth than useless.

yes, that's what I mean.
> why don't any of these retards (read: both lawyers) post any source or court document? fuck liberal arts

>oMG hOW do YOU poSt WiHOUt buMpInG The THrEaD!?!?!??!?!?!
why don't you fuck off back to plebbit you retarded faggot newfag

>why dont YOU present evidence?
evidence of what? the fact that neither side has any substance? this is retarded, fuck off

kek don't you know sage no longer works you fucking moron?

>evidence of what? the fact that neither side has any substance? this is retarded, fuck off
Where is the substance in your posts, you fucking moron?

telling idiots to fuck off is important
honestly discouraging a single idiot from posting here is a lot of contribution

>kEK dOnt yOU knOw SaGE nO lOnGER WoRks?????
this is a great example of how you do things. you open your idiotic mouth and fire at other people without bothering to check anything or think for a second
stop posting

YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG
YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG YOU'RE THE MANN NOW DOG

it's not climate science either
it's all US corp sponsored racketeering