>You know how I know you're a pseud?

>You know how I know you're a pseud

>How?

>Because you made this thread

>You're subscribed to School of Life

>You unironically support anarcho-capitalism

>Your favourite female writer is Evelyn Waugh

>You do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it.”

>Your favorite philosopher is neechee and you unironically claim to "be" a nhilist/existentialist

>90% of your reading is done in public where others can see you
>You shove your taste in everyone's face
>You enjoy the films of Wes Anderson

>you use words like "anti-natalism" seriously

>you watch any philosophy related video on YouTube
>Ever
>Enjoy ted talks

You post on /lit

that hurt

Wes anderson is good you fucking cuck maybe not so much his recent output but bottle rocket and rushmore defined a generation of filmmaking. kys

>he unironically claims to be "smart but lazy" and earnestly believes so

T. Triggered hipster wannabe

At least im not a dilletente pseud who pretebds to know what hes talking about. Lurk more please

shut the fuck up wes anderson is and always has been a fucking hack

>At least im not a dilletente pseud
>not a dilletente pseud
>dillentete
>Not a pseud

>you read Wikipedia

Nigga u probably watch tarkovsky and write on your blog about how much he "gets you"

How is it even possible to be this much of a tumblr faggot with this little self awareness?

>you're based in humanities

Love from Veeky Forums.

Kek Please go on tell me how ingmar bergman really "changed your life" or how wong kar wai is someone who "truly understands you". Fucking pseud.

Science is by far the most pseudo intellegent wankery of all time. Your fucking mascot is neil degrasse tyson. Oh my god kill yourself.

>Faggot with surface level knowledge of a 15 year old with internet tries to act tough and elitist

I didn't know how much I wanted to do this

Now THIS is being triggered kek. Hope to read about it on your wordpress tonite hun.

I am honestly fascinated, the way you talk suggests you're 15 and you're so socially disoriented yet you push on. It's a marvel to witness

>you unironically use "genre fiction" as a pejorative

Its cuz i was once a pseud like you. So devoid of self awareness, regurgitating edgy opinions of people i wanted to be like. Then i grew up. Im just helping you grow up kiddo. One day you'll understand.

Grown ups don't watch Wes Anderson

I liked Rushmore, The Royal Tenenbaums and Moonrise Kingdom.

I found the sense of muted resignation, and the likewise muted, but comically-dramatic, impulsivity of the characters, to be strangely comforting.

It's seems that the many who enjoy the films seem to do so, due to the "quirkiness", in the apparent absurdity of their content.

But I enjoy its cavalier and rose-tinted approach to such absurdity.

There's nothing absurd about the absurd, as life is absurd, combined with a Hollywood sugar coating.

It's fluffy, sure, but who cares?

Damn...

That's pop science, user.

I dont like the quirkiness of anderson. I esp didnt like moonrise kingdom but with rushmore he had for a moment, however breif, something powerful. The quirkiness wasnt overbearing the characters were interesting, his ideas were fresh. To understate anderson is just as criminal as to overestimate him.

Thank you for providing an example of a typical pseud discussion for this thread.

>maybe not so much his recent output
Grand budapest and Moonrise kingdom are his best films, what a are you talking about?

>you spend hours a day on this site projecting your own insecurities onto others

I merely reported that I found the films strangely comforting, while specifying which aspects were likely the cause of this.

This couldn't really be considered intellectual or pseudo-intellectual, so I'm not quite sure why you insist on an attempt at denigration.

Are you ok, user?

Let me reassure you that everything is fine; I'm sure you have a most impressive intellect and that you're a very special boy.

Most of the cunts on here tbqhwy

>You're not in Club Intellectual

Hmm...

>pseud
>person who pretends an interest in intellectual matters for reasons of status
>you

Pick three.

>You call others pseuds so you can ignore them to live in your intellectual hugbox.
>You only listen to "true" intellectuals to avoid new and interesting thought.
>You only reiterate what you have learned from the "true" intellectuals without building upon or adding new thought to their ideas.
>You view, ironically, these "psueds" as mere rhetoricians without seeing that you are yourself, intellectually lazy to the extent that you become exactly what you are fight.
>and so, you refuse to experience new things, listen to recent thought, rhetorical or not, and enjoy an intellectual life.
>You sit on top of your high, ivory, tower, not enjoying the party below you. Claiming that these things are "memes" or "genre-dribble", "posuer" or "pretentious".
>You, afraid of having your ego hurt, or experiencing discomfort, resort to the retreat of your sallow, lonely life, entrenced in an over-bearing caution and hatred of others.
>Alone and miserable, you see yourself as true and genuine, without ever having expressed yourself to others your thought, without companionship, holding on to your contrarian views without testing them or looking for new ones.
>Your entitlement and Negativistic Narcissism knows no bounds, Pseud.

This is the ultimate mark of a pseud

t. Pseud

t.pseud

And what, exactly, is wrong with this, may I ask?

There's no strict correlation between being smart and "hard-working" or whatever your primitive, neanderthal brain lazily (note the irony) deems to be the direct antonym of "lazy". Nor is the vice versa of this true. I myself am extremely intelligent. I have consistently received high grades in not just a few areas of personal interest but in ALL subjects across the board. I estimate my IQ to be well above the 130 mark, by calculating the rough average of the numerous IQ tests I've taken, within which my results have varied from around 120 AT THE LOWEST to over 151 (literally breaking the scale). However, I wouldn't lift a finger to help any of the useless plebians surrounding me on a daily basis, nor do I intend to toil my life away at a vapid, ennui inducing menial job. Nor have I ever had to try particularly hard in my academic pursuits. It has ALWAYS come easy to me (don't believe me? Ask my tutors or, even better, come into my place of study. You'll probably find me lounging around idly, twirling a pencil round my fingers while I wait for everyone else to finish the assignment I sped through in a matter of minutes, and I'll still get a higher grade than anyone else in my class). So, maybe you should think before you make such a broad statement. Speak for yourself in future. Capeesh?

t. Pseudo

ITT psueds

>you unironically fail to understand that the meme authors Veeky Forums is fixated with are far in the rearview mirrors of real scholars.

found the pseud

found the pseud

D E L E T , E T C
E
L
E
T
C

>You write notes in the margins of books you read
>You post your latest readings to any form of social media

>enjoy ted talks
This. Motherfucking this.
Also,
>gratuitously citing web-sources on a essay, including but not limited to tweets, blog-posts and TED Talks.
Ideas worth nothing, I must add.

I would cut off several important parts of my anatomy to be able to grow a beard like that

So, you are accepting the fact that you are a triggered hipster wannabe? Sad, so much many cases on Veeky Forums!
Also, that immediately makes you a pseud.

>Tried this one time
>Kind of stuttered as I said it, to be expected
>"Sure thing buddy, which library?"
>Don't know, start to cry in the cab, run out and back to my house
Don't try this one, lads.

>You write notes in the margins of books you read

Why is this pseud?

Get a load of this pseud

that really did hurt

>you waste your life away reading