What does Veeky Forums think about Simone Weil?

What does Veeky Forums think about Simone Weil?

bump

She looks weird. Sorry, that's all I have.

>Goes to wikipedia
>Mystic
>Woman
Thanks but no thanks.

Cute. I'd rate 8/8 m8.

>tfw no hyperintelligent neurotic anti-burgeous kuudere gf

I haven't read anything by her, but I guess I should. There was this guy who wrote a book on Nietzsche, very smart guy and smart book, and the guy kinda left Nietzsche and started studying Weil and writing about her. And he told me - you know the glorification of power and strength in Nietzsche ? well, Weil does the same, but it's all about weakness, and that's really interesting. - I pretty much trust this guy and believe Weil is worth reading. Amirite, OP ?

You are correct my friend. Start with "The Iliad or the Poem of Force," this is assuming you've read the Iliad though.

Weil was a rare genius, enigmatic and inspiring.

Also, Gravity and Grace is a good starting point.

>tfw simone weil will never sit on your face

>she did not denounce embodiment
>she did not denounce the external world

Never mind...

Why did I read this in Trump's voice?

So what kind of weakness is she glorifying exactly?

YAJI

Yet Another Jewish Ideologue

Simone is CUTE

I wonder if Sartre ever had a three way with her and De Beauvoir

Is that what Yoko and Lennon's baby looks like today?

I'm going through massive amounts of Catholic everything atm, she's in the plans for this year.

There's no way Weil was anything but a perpetual virgin, her whole philosophy and life are self-denying

I read The Iliad or the Poem of Force and thought it was good, desu, except she comes to an anti-war conclusion from the recognition of the Illiad's bittersweet celebration of force. She seemed incapable of understanding why men would enjoy war.

War is only "enjoyed" when hubris is summoned through an excessive display of force, more than you're actually in the possession of. You don't enjoy war, not at all.

>she comes to an anti-war conclusion from the recognition of the Illiad's bittersweet celebration of force. She seemed incapable of understanding why men would enjoy war.
Read it again and don't skim it this time.

Bump desu 'v'

looks like a jew