Why do men struggle to connect and understand female literary characters and female literature while the vice/versa is...

Why do men struggle to connect and understand female literary characters and female literature while the vice/versa is effortless for women?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HFjk04xijk8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

*connect with

which man has trouble identifying with which female literary character?

Any examples?

Men are hoping women are more complex than they are.

Because females are "inferior" and "emotional" so what they want isn't something a lot of men really care about, even if they think about it to facilitate the acquisition of sex. What women really want are the the same things men want, entertainment wise. "chickflicks" and "chickbooks" are to women what tom clancy novels are to men.

and what is it that women really want?

Probably not to be referred to as a collective hive mind, first of all.

but what I meant is that women want what men want: namely a large variety of different things.

a large penis of the african variety

If you buy into the
>women are oppressed
meme, then the answer is Interpretive Labor, as laid out in The Utopia of Rules. Have a screencap.

>tl;dr A member of an oppressed class has to understand his/her oppressors in order to thrive, but not vice-versa.

Freud went to his grave without an answer to the question "what does woman want?" Well, I know what women want, and it ain't chocolate, either.

It's blood.

because literature has yet to see an accurate depiction of the female mind

have you read male characters written by women? my wife is reading iris murdoch and her characterization is plain awful; despite h. bloom's tepid defense of her work, he agrees. (i also think her prose and plots are godawful, unlike bloom)

in fact, the only women writers i've liked were e-dick, george eliot, and woolf and wharton. wharton has poor male characters and is unable to sympathize full with the opposite sex; e-dick wisely avoids it altogether. eliot was just a master.

How the fuck has caraposters cancer seeped into this board? You need to kill yourself desu

what does this even mean

is this just one poster? every day there is a new thread with retarded subjects like this, guaranteed replies

Veeky Forums truly has no mods

there's a similar theory in regards to romantic relations that says that men not explaining their emotions force women to use empathy to understand them, while women don't force men to do the same

surely the simple have more trouble understanding the complex than the converse. muh set theory muh unknowability etc.

Women will never understand male literature.

A girl I knew once complained that the Odyssey was too violent.

That's all she got out of it.

Take that as you will.

Have you never known a woman who expected you to read her mind? "You should know what's wrong" etc

no I don't know why you'd expect anyone here to know have known women of any kind

I'm in engineering and whenever I get stuck with a woman on my team it's amusing to see what retarded ass ideas their minds come up with.

Women do not think rationally like men. They will do the most incredibly illogical things based simply on their emotions and instincts. Men who seek to understand women are pathetic. Would you consider it worth your time to understand and connect with an animal or a child? No; just take them for what they're worth but don't waste your mental energy on them.

This. Don't call them that, even if they are one.

Holy... I want more

>generalisations
how infallibly rational :^)

Generalizations exist for a reason. Go back to your diversity class, cuck

>"tl;dr" for a 7.5 sentence excerpt
So this is the literature board, huh?

it's the reddit board

I'll tell you what they want. What they really, really, want.

I find it hard to relate to women because they are "soulless," so to speak. They are incapable of feeling love for people to whom they are not biologically related.

This. Anyone who doesn't agree and thinks this is a bitter, virgin thing to say has never dated a woman. The moment you are unable to give her all she wants and she sees a better opportunity in another man, a woman will leave you. Men have the loyalty to stay with their partner even in bad situations; women lack that. They only care for men insofar as they are provided for.

I don't get this meme. Please stop perpetuating it. Men and women are not that different at all. They have some different expectations when it comes to sex and do act different due to societal pressures to mold them in a certain way. Get out and talk to people in real life and you will see.
There is a theory that women can understand male sexually better than men can understand female sexuality. This is due to the fact that men don't have to understand women's sexually to have sex/satiate the biological urge to reproduce. Women have to understand male sexuality to please them and keep them around so they can get married and raise children

>they aren't different
>social pressures just exist to keep people down, not for biological reasons

memes aside, there's plenty where that came from
youtube.com/watch?v=HFjk04xijk8

The best female character is not from 'literature' anyway.

Even providing for them eventually becomes insufficient.

Because most female literary characters are self-centered, often act on impulse and are foiled by characters that take the fall for their indiscretions. It doesn't help that most romantic works with female protagonists are actually self-discovery novels ("finding yourself") set against romantic tableaux. It's not about the romance: It's about her. It all comes off as a artificial, which is why most of the cornerstone women's novels from the 1700s end with "and then we got married and we were happy". It's why most men prefer Madame Bovary over Jane Eyre: It doesn't pretend to be something it's not.

On the contrary, romantic novels with male protagonists focus on the woman being suited (with the narrator often going on about her mystique, appearance, and allure). Women who dared write male protagonists in romance drew from the likes of Werther, Shelley and other romantic poets to help pad their work.

>Because most female literary characters are self-centered, often act on impulse and are foiled by characters that take the fall for their indiscretions.

So they are realistic?

I suppose, but that doesn't translate well when you're watching (reading) it happen from that specific point of voice. I'd say it's more about the journey not being predicated on romance, but on self-discovery (which may end up coming across as self-masturbatory) that doesn't sit well with some men. It's probably what sours most who end up trawling through the Bronte canon for example.

wasn't he supposed to leave

>tfw the one thing you truly want from a woman is the thing she cannot give you

I don't think one post on a subreddit entirely for cheaters is a good sample size.

About 60% of people are totally fucking worthless as human beings. 30 of that 60 are women.

It's just as easy to connect with female characters if they're well written (realistic)
Most female characters are not well written

No, they are well written. You just want them to have the depth of a man, which they don't have in real life either.

They have their own depth once you start to understand them
They're much sadder creatures than men

>Oh no I only slept with 15 men this year.
>The man I married is too nice :(
>Tfw I got caught cheating

Yes they are very sad.

Your bitter indignation makes you seem like a woman

Because women, having X chromosomes, can relate to any person with an X chromosome, which includes both men and women. However, the Y chromosome prevents men from relating to anything that lacks a Y chromosome.

If you honestly think that women can relate to men, or have any concern at all for how men feel, you are deluded.

I've always found it was the opposite

I'd rather spend my time with kids and animals than with a stemsperg like you're are urself

my nigger you spend your days shitposting away in a hybernian w40k stop motion animation content portal, stop pretending "biological reasons" have absolutely any bearing in how society organizes itself and it's priorities.

>you're are urself

ur a bigot poltard

bet ur a pathetic virgin to LOL

I'd rather spend my time fucking kids and animals than with a dumb broad like you'reself. Guess we ain't so different after all.

Here is my honest theory: men are a little easier to understand because their sexuality is almost totally separate from their rational mind. That is, when men are horny, it's more about how hot a woman is, and most other aspects of their lives are dealt with more rationally.

When it comes to women, their sexuality and rational minds are sort of intermixed. This is very hard for men to understand.

Go away caraposter

Wrong. See

In simpler terms, all women think about is COCK.

>not adapted to post-ironic blacktwitterspeak filtered through 6 layers of advanced shitposting

>women have no difficulty understanding male characters
lmao, no

the idea that women understand men perfectly is a huge meme, just like the idea that women are more "complex"

Women think with their vaginas 100% of the time.

Men think with their dick only some of the time.

Ergo men are superior.

Females are big children, and they are incapable of deep thought. Difficult to identify with a character whose primary purposes are to be my personal cook and penis masseuse.

how autistic and broken do you have to be to actually believe this