We need World War III to strike up creativity in writers of our generation. Yes? No? Discuss

We need World War III to strike up creativity in writers of our generation. Yes? No? Discuss

What you need is rope tightly wrapping your neck, OP. That surely would strike up the beauty in this world!

Sure! Why not? Wars give aspiring writers plenty of material to work with.

We need people to put down their smartphones to strike up creativity. Maybe an ascetic movement will arise out of WWIII so we'll see.

How will WWIII break out everyone? What will the teams look like?

Like things are going on, maybe it will start as a Chinese-American war in Eastern Asia. Russians will probably maintain neutrality until a clear winner appears, while grabbing all the territory they can without angering the US.

we need ww iii so i can die doing something worth

Well if we are going full World War how do you think that would play out in other areas of the world?

If anything there would maybe be a chance Tillerson and Trump could pull off a Kissinger-like opening of Russia in an attempt to play them against China.

We need ww 3 so i can have an excuse to not pursue my dreams

No, storys can come in all sizes and styles.
If you want more creativity in writers, you need to give people time to write. So fix the economy so people have more free time, or have them waiting days on end in a fox hole on the front lines. Either way it is just the distraction free writing time that lets them do it. The good ones will come out of the masses given time. (assuming the mainstream media publishing complex doesn't drown them out)

>storys

Stopped reading there.

>squabbling over a patch of dirt
>""something worth""

Problem is, that's what Russians are doing in my opinion. An opening playing China and America against each other. And Americans will try the complete opposite of a Kissinger opening during the Trump administration, that is, trying to close ties with Russia for a war against China.
I don't know which countries will be dragged into this entanglement, but they all will be minor players, with the obvious exception of Israel, Iran and the Saudis. Those bastards could escalate any regional Middle Eastern conflict into a world war in a matter of days.

>He thinks writing has gotten bad because of lack of creativity

Lol, that's not why, idiot.

Warhol predicted this already half a century ago, what matters now in our Capitalist age is not what is "best" or "good", what matters is what is reproducible which is why memes and Donald Trump do so well.

Yes. The justification for the struggle being so plainly shallow renders bare the reality that purpose is found in struggle itself.

Race war, whites vs Muslims

>mass culture exists therefore no one can make good writing
Great writers transcend society.

world war 3 needs to not happen so capitalism can fucking die

No. any great artist is a product of the culture in which they lived.

You got it backwards there, bud

>capitalism needs to fucking die so world war 3 won't happen

I see your point.

this we don't need a WWIII, we need a never-ending solar flare

for the past 30-40 years we've been seeing generations and generations of people growing up alongside electronic mass media, and, comprising a constant rate of at least 95% of everyone alive, being rendered absolutely incapable of any original, individual thought or belief

the pynch was literature's last gasp, and the 60s were his peak period -- just about the time when the last of the analogly-raised free thinking people were starting their families, became irrelevant non-participators in the cultural life of their era, and out of this angst, started raising their kids on TV

>inb4 GR was written in the 1970s hurr durr fuck off

Why does the sun take so long to die amirite guys X;^D

lets pray for an extreme solar rain to destroy all our communication technology

way to miss the point, tillerson

>people can't be creative because of the Internet
This makes no sense. We've had literary dark ages before. Just because we haven't seen much great work in the last 40 years doesn't mean that literature is dead forever.

both of these