Serious question, is the only reason you would buy a...

Serious question, is the only reason you would buy a.physical book over an ebook these days is to have a nice bookshelf (vanity)?

No. I dont have a ereader, and one cost about half of my monthly salary

I like to annotate my book physically and I hate typing any tablets/e-readers

also yes I suppose I would do it for vanity if I have friends that would be impressed by my collection

cuz i prefer holding physical books instead of reading them from a retarded quasi-ipad

>making less than $200/month

That's a false economy.

This exact same thread was posted a few days ago; with the exact same picture and word for word, the exact same question.

Batteries/charge. Always staring into a light. Holding a hot piece of engine/radiation. A book feels better to hold. Page turning exercise is arguably more rigorous than glass sliding. Easier or harder (?) to mark and remember place?

I like books because I'm getting pretty sick of staring into what is basically a dull flashlight

serious answer, books are superior to electronic text files.

I already spend way too much time looking into a computer screen. Physicals books give my eyes a reprieve.

This pretty much.

I mean I don't mind reading ebooks, but I prefer real ones.

Also, I know physical books are quite expensive, but when you go to book fairs and find something awesome at only 20c then you feel pretty good.

>tfw a patrician old lady died and gave her book collection to my friend
>I got to pick anything from it
>had an amazing collection of poetry
>would have cost hundreds from a book store

but like 10 books cost the same amount

I read some research that you're more likely to remember something you've read in a physical book than something you've read on an e-reader because the spatial landmarks of an actual book make its contents easier to memorize

Paperwhite master race

I get distracted more often when I read from screens. I'm pretty sure that it's due to association to low-effort actions such as watching short videos on youtube or shitposting on Veeky Forums.

I could work on it, but it seem like a waste of time. I have enough money to buy real books and enough space to store them, I may as well keep using them.

mandela effect

No, the idea of paying for files feels silly

I use a reader/tablet, because I read a lot and it's much more practical and cheaper.

I buy physical copies of works I particularly like, because I like the look and feel of a proper book.

not used

>i don't know how Veeky Forums works

Read up on classical conditioning

can get second hand books cheap, free delivery for less than a new kindle version costs where I live

Is it vanity to have a library of books on demand for as many people as can read them? I submit that real, physical copies that can survive EMP blast, fallout, and in dire times can be sold or traded to wasteland looters are superior to single point of failure meme machines.

E-readers are shit, and I don't mean the appliance. Stop asking stupid questions and go sweep the dirt, our desert compound has fallen into disrepair.

R-values.

Personally I feel like the tactility of holding a book, feeling the paper, flipping the pages, etc, really lend to the experience of reading. There's just something so sterile and lifeless about staring into a screen to read.

Also, I love the worn look a really long book gets once you've finished it. I lugged GR around everywhere with me for weeks and it got really weathered and nice. Whenever I see it I remember all the different places I physically went with it and read.

appeal to nature fallacy

No?
Physical copies are superior to an eBook full stop.

Pretty much. Although I have friend's who read, too. So if we get in an argument about something while drinking I'll throw the relevant book at them.

>>tfw a patrician old lady died and gave her book collection to my friend
I'm a painter and did a job at an old lady's place whose husband had just died. He had a collection (don't know who published them) but it had the complete works of Byron, Shakespeare, Chekov... All of the greats and I was told I could take whatever I wanted. The next day they were all gone because she donated the shit books of the library and the mother fucker who took them said they wanted that whole collection, too.

i drop every book I read after reading it. Usually with a bit of paper sticking out that says take me. I walk through train and bus stations everyday so I just drop it on a seat.

I only buy second hand books. Most books only get read once and then waste away. Such a waste.

Seriously though, personally i buy physical book copies because i just find it hard to concentrate if im reading an eBook.

the real reason is ereaders are fuckinfg GAY

I'm studying to become a teacher. My books are going in my classroom;.

Eternal recurrence

Why do so many people here do not seem to understand that e-ink is not a screen? It's exactly like paper unless you decide to turn on the light.

After finishing reading, I imediately get rid of the book (donation etc). I bought around 300 books in the last 4 years, from which I haven't kept a single one.

I really enjoy the physical sensation of the book (weight, smell, texture). But desu, Im considering switching to an ebook.

i'm just used to and support print
reading words on a screen seems fucked

have you never had to reference multiple books at once? or do you just consume and consume and consume without ever stopping to think or write?

anyways, books are $1 at my local used bookstore, the proceeds support the adjoining library, and it's legal.