Where is your favorite place to read?

Where is your favorite place to read?

There's something about a bookstore that really speaks to me. I'll get myself some overpriced coffee and sit in one of those aesthetic chairs next to a lamp that's too fancy for its surroundings.
The air smells like a mixture of paint, dust, and tea. I never go to the bookstore to read but if I'm already there I'll read few chapters of s book I just bought.
Other than that, I love reading at night with all the lights off ( I have a kindle) and stacks upon stacks of pillows under me.
It really depends on my mood to be honest.

In your mother's bedroom

I sit hunched over, with elbows on knees, on a leather couch in the comfort of my living room. Find it hard to read in public

In a quiet kitchen with a steaming coffee and some toast

the bathtub

Lying on my chaise longue.

Did I mention I have a chaise longue? I have a chaise longue. You should get one.

In the cupboard

in the summer, outside. Sometimes in my backyard, sometimes where I can listen to the city and people living their lives.

I wish I didnt have anxiety and could feel more comfortable reading at coffee places and other public spaces. I read on the train and bus every day, but sometimes I like to go and get some coffee or a park, but this is a very anti-intellectual city and someone reading in public spaces is a rare thing.

Here

How do you guys manage to ignore all the noise in public places?

I miss reading in my favorite park at my hometown...really a comfy place

by being engrossed by what you're reading

By being autistic

inside my own ass

Why don't you read there anymore?

I read aloud on the bus. I am like one of those boom box Negros.

>Spend most of the year in the University city
>Not a lot of freetime

But sometimes, expecially during summer, I return to that place

>Tfw comes to mind the memory of reading at the park during the september of a few years ago, before starting the Uni, before almost everything went to shit...

For me, noise is like silence. As long as its just chaotic enough to blend together, i can focus. But if theres like a radio or something thats decidely louder than whats around it i cant focus at all

In my house you cucked bitch. I don't read for attention like a woman.

Wherever I can smoke.

my bed

>listen to the city and people living their lives
Are you aware of how you sound?

I don't really care

I've been to that bookstore in that picture, it's in paris and it's way to narrow and crowded

You're going to fuck your back over. Sitting for long periods of time is bad enough.

Most of my quality reading is done on the toilet. Often times I clean and scrub the toilet so it is sparkling clean and will just sit on it as though I were to take a shit but just read for hours.
Comfy seat height, cool tiled floor, pleasant clean smell. Perfect.

Your mom's bedroom OP.

Don't be a cunt

I like the city sounds too.

Big public parks (pic related, specifically) or on the riverbanks are just too dang comfy

I also like to read by candlelight in my bed at night with all the windows open, even now during the winter

>tfw no milf to whose eager kisses to ignore after love-making while I lay, my loins covered by satin bedsheet, dragging from last night's cigarette butt and reading Updike by bedside lamplight
Why live.

I unironically like to lay on a pool table and read. It feels very clean.

I also have a papasan (pic related) that's comfy af to read in. Easier to fall asleep though, which happens more than it should because I usually read after I'm done with school/work.

Headphones and instrumental music. Classical is easiest, but there are plenty of bands whose songs melt into the bacground, e.g., pink floyd, fleetwood mac.

Out on my porch in the summer or floating in the pool. I like to tan while I read.

On my toilet, the lighting is ideal and the fan is soothing.

>why live

To shitpost, friend.

What the fuck

I've never been able to understand the idea that someone reading in a cafe would ever seem strange. I've visited and lived in many countries and I can genuinely say I have never been to a place where this would be strange. Everyone is either chatting or looking at laptop, phone book.

I think this is in your head user, no one cares if you read a book.

>Implying I read for more than 2 mins each day.

But no, you're right. It's because I have my laptop on the coffee table in case I need to look up definitions, which is often

I do not want to derail the thread, but why would anyone get a kindle?
My mother has a kindle and it is the worst piece of crap imaginable.
It only reads one type of file format, the touch screen is terrible, the processor is slow, and it has a limited storage capacity.

>It's because I have my laptop on the coffee table in case I need to look up definitions, which is often
Kindles at least, have built in dictionaries. It's my favorite feature (I absolutely love looking up words). It even includes outdated language. But sometimes it doesn't know borrowed words or slang, stuff like that. I think you can add more, though...

For me its when there is noise in the same language that im reading like tv or annoying people talking.

I appreciate the aesthetic of physicals too much. The cover art, smell, feel, all that gay shit. I try to buy second hand, older publications to squeeze in any romanticism I can. Keeps me coming back. That being said, I've never used a Kindle and they seem widely used among the community here. Might get one.

Don't get a kindle, get a real tablet

That actually seems like a pretty good idea. Thx retard!!

Outside.

Me too

Pubs, mate. My local (not pic related, sadly) has no TVs or music, only a fireplace and people drinking away.

That sounds awesome, I wish there were places like that where I live.

Beer selection is sort of shit, but I don't like to drink too much anyway.

that sounds so comfy

You just know the toilets in there are awful. But nice house

know that feel bro, uni can be extremely stressfull

in my house

Is that in Coober Pedy? Those underground houses seem comfy as fuck for reading too.

I hate the fucking tv of my mother