1/0.001=1000
1/0.0000000001=10000000000

1/0= infinity

Right? Why not?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SrU9YDoXE88
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Infinity isn't a number

False because 0 and infinity don't exist.

Euler, best mathematician ever, said in his calculus textbook that a/0=infinity

But these brainlets will tell you it's "undefined" or some bs like that. Go figure

if you approach from the negative side, you'd get 1/0 = -infinity.

So in a hand-wavy way, you can see that it's inconsistent.

1/-1=-1
1/-0.1=-10
1/-0.01=-100
1/-0.001=-1000
1/-0.0000000001=-10000000000

1/0= -infinity

Isn't it obvious?

so what happens when you do

1/0 + 1/-0 = ?

Do you get 2∞ or 0?

neither is divide or multiply. they are ideas.

neither do 4 and 48259.

did he? i always liked playing with his circuits back in school

i would imagine negative infinity occupies the same space as infinity, on a graph lets say. or who cares? its conceptual.

to me it is. i just don't understand how people don't see it.

1/0 = infinity
therefore 0 x infinity = 1
also 2/0 = infinity
0 x infinity = 2
therefore 2 = 1
that's why not

Lol you can't be serious. Here's an idea, 1/0=kys

the set of rational numbers literally LITERALLY FUCKING STATES YOU CAN'T DIVIDE BY ZERO IT'S IN THE DEFINITION OF THE SET YOU FUCKSTICK

why not?

we don't know what happens when something reaches infinity. perhaps all numbers converge and some sick shit happens bro.

don't constrain my numbers you mathematical fascist.

okay what about
pi/1=pi
pi/.1=10pi
pi/0=infinitypi

>why not?
because 2=/=1
doesn't matter what happens at infinity

Either op is a bored mathfag triggering people left and right, or he is the biggest retard on this board right now. I lean toward the former.

>why not?

wew fucking lad do you not know how logic works? when you make a proposition and the implication of it leads to a contradiction, that is, it leads to a statement that can neither be proven or disproven, then it is outside the confines of mathematics. meaning that your proposition to begin with is invalid.

but what if it does afterward?

it might be like going through a portal.

here. in our space and time. 1 does not equal 2

but after going through the portal of infinite possibility anything is possible.

my god you're right. all this time i was thinking only from a flat real number line. but in reality, the reflexive property of numbers is relative and 2=1. at long last, you have given me the ultimate theory of general memertivity. god bless you sir.

>Reaches infinity

What?

thank you. now go forth, and sin no more.

stuff reaches infinity all the time.

like if you are ten feet away from a wall. and walk towrd it. you will be at the halfway mark at five feet.

and when you get to 2.5 feet you will have gone halfway again. and again and again. infinitley.

but you will reach that wall. so you broke through an infinite number of halfway points to get there. but you still got there.

The distance travelled is not infinity. The number of steps taken isn't infinite either; time is not continuous. Anyway, these are all examples from real life - how does this relate to mathematics? Show me logic, show me proof.

the halfway points are infinite.

if you cant see that there is nothing i can do to help you.

perhaps my man Vsauce can

youtube.com/watch?v=SrU9YDoXE88

but there aren't an infinite number of halfway points, space is quantized at the planck scale

i see. so let us imagine that we were shrunk down so small that a Planck space to us appeared to be about ten feet long.

and we are ten feet apart from one another or one Planck space.

how do i get to you?

will it be a smooth transition where i will at some point be at half the distance?

or will i (ironically) warp over to you at infinite speed and never occupy the space between?

>what are the surreal numbers

There is no space between.

so lets say we were ten planck spaces apart.

would I be moving toward you smoothly? or would I jerk toward you at infinitely accelerated leaps and move like a flip book?

either way the speed is either infinite during the leaps or the halfway points are infinite.

OP was trolling me pretty good and I was about to pull out limits and the extended reals, but then I remembered how much not being able to divide by zero pisses me off, so now I'm with you 100% OP.

>it might be like going through a portal.
>here. in our space and time. 1 does not equal 2
>but after going through the portal of infinite possibility anything is possible.

not a portal per se.

but a sort of bridge between dimensions.

perhaps in other realities all numbers are equal. and our mathematics is simply set up in a way where breaking through infinity corresponds to one of these particular dimensions.

please pursue this to completion OP

I already did.

and i noticed i havent gotten any logical responce to my breaking infinite halfway points or likewise moving at an infinite speed when trans-versing Planck spaces

>moving at an infinite speed when trans-versing Planck spaces
time is quantized too, your speed wouldn't be infinite, it would be at most planck length/planck time

now you're just talking shit mate.

there is no proof at all that the Planck space or Planck time even exists other than a wall of nonsense some asshat scribbled on a board and then had other asshats pat him on the back because they are all too ashamed to admit that they dont know what the fuck they are talking about.

if it doesnt make sense. like E=MC^2 or F = G*((m sub 1*m sub 2)/r^2) for gravity. then its just scientific garbage that needs to be thrown out.

if a Planck is as small as it gets what is a singularity? its smaller than a planck isnt it? if not are you saying that a singularity has volume?

space is not quantized

time is not quantized

fucking retards

Zero is a human made concept; it simply does not exist in nature. Now, stop fucking each other brains.

there are zero unicorns

there are zero leprechauns

there are zero women in your life.

there aren't many zeros in your bank account

life is full of zeros.

What you're doing is using language to convey your thoughts to me.

either find me a unicorn or shut the fuck up

Every number is a human made concept. Did you think your nebulous point was contributing somehow?

No, not right. Infinity and 0 are not numbers. They are ideas of either having everything or nothing. 0 can go into 1 an infinite amount of times because nothing a billion trillion times is still nothing. However 0 a trillion trillion times still is 0 and not 1 so what you posted is false and the sequence of equations you posted should end at 0.01 to the negative infinity.

[math] \displaystyle
\lim_{x\rightarrow 0-} \neq \lim_{x\rightarrow 0+}
[/math]

twice inf? rly?

You should have to take a test on basic logic to post on Veeky Forums

[math]-\infty = \infty[/math]

>0 is not a number

I think that one day one man will start counting and as he aproach infinity weird things will happen, and his mind will be so powerfull that huh

>a man counting can approach infinite
What drug are you on? I think I need some. Totally for research purposes...

>-0

the absence of something =/= zero exists irl
just that there is not one of it

That need to be zero I think, you are adding two equal numbers with a different sign.

1/0 = infinity speed rate 1
therefore 0 x infinity speed rate 1 = 1
also 2/0 = infinity speed rate 2
0 x infinity speed rate 2 = 2
therefore 2 ≠ 1

Therefore there is 0 of that unit.
0 is an observable value, and so by your shitty definition a number.
For instance, take the flux of an electric field through the surface of an uncharged conductor. Over part of the surface, a net flux exists, making the flux something that exists in the situation; but take the flux of the whole surface area and you have 0Cm^2.

Those values aren't defined. Don't try and assign a value to the addition of them.

1/x lim x -> 0 is not the same as 1/0, you fucking retard.

you must make budgets for gop

>-0