ITT: signs you're talking to a brainlet

>why should engineers even have to learn proofs? just give me the formulas i'll need to know

That's kinda true

>signs you're talking to a brainlet

When you are describing something or teaching someone about something and their eyes sort of glaze over like they've been hypnotized.

>back to /pol/

>Sees a quote that reinforces their opinion
>Immediately assume its a real quote from someone knowledgeable in the field

>When you are describing something or teaching someone about something and their eyes sort of glaze over like they've been hypnotized.
that's not talking to brainlet, that's teaching like a brainlet

>"time is just an illusion, maan, its a manmade invention!"

>"i dont have to work! smart people like me figure out how to live their lives without any labor!"

being part of a political team

identifying with a social group

Proofs are useless, they obscure the teaching, mathematicians love to hide the "mess" under the mental path of a proof to make it more formal and elegant.

>>why should engineers even have to learn proofs? just give me the formulas i'll need to know

Holy fuck, my faculty is filled with these morons

Where's the lie?

>"Math? I hated math in school."

empirical evidence points out that brainlets love to start threads with inane greentext

Proof is useless. It's all about the application
>let's prove that a•0=0
THERE'S NO NEED

>t. engineerlet

This one is me

This is true. If someone says this, it means they're the kind of person to fuck up change for a

What came before the big bang
Concious observer
Climate change
Evolutionary speaking
Are numbers real
Human rights

>life is worth living

Please let this be bait.

Proofs ARE the mathematics, everything else is just arithmetic.

>Evolutionary speaking
There is always faulty heuristics when people start the sentence with this phrase.

Literally who says this?

>Human rights
>Brainlet
Wow so edgy and badass.

I disliked math because the teachers were shit, and once you start off bad it only keeps getting worse

Jokes on you - mcDs has the automated change dispenser

>everyone must like math or they're dumb
Dank meme friend

>Are numbers real
But like, are they?

>so what do you do
>*buffs chest*
>*stands up straight*
>*adjusts glasses*
>*raises head*
>I'm an engineer

...oh boy here we go again

>philosophy of science was an unnecessarily difficult course

Man it feels good being an Engineer

I've had waiters at restaurants attempt to be polite and ask what i do. when i say "I'm a Mathematics researcher." there response is 100% "oh wow i hated math in school." i always want to say "that's why you are my water and i am the customer."

Some of them are

>Human rights
I guess you live in a third world country?

>not a marxist

>i always want to say "that's why you are my water and i am the customer."
Kek have fun eating their spit if you say this.

>everyone must read or they're uneducated
dank meme friend?

>current a server at a fairly popular national franchise
>have a table of 3 tables who are wearing "Math Academy" Shirts (Indicating they work at a math tutoring center)
>Attempt to small talk, ask them what they do
>"Yeah we're all math tutors, just got off work!"
>I say "Awesome, maybe you could tutor me(jokingly)
>They say sure, what math?
>Im in discrete math at the time, so I say Discrete math
>one of the guys looks at me and says "Uh whats that? We only tutor up to algebra and geometry"

I died a little inside

table of 3 adults* lmao

That's what they call "learning." It means they're on the edge of actually understanding something.

Why is that bad?

I think the bad part is the fact that they tutor children, our future, in math, when they do not even know what discrete math.

if they dont believe in last thursdayism and actually believe anything around us is real

>i am a mathematician, why should i learn the applications of all this?

Flip side of this, I had to listen to a math major sperg about how all engineering is just math and he could do anything an engineer could, if not better. People would throw at him real world engineering questions without analytical answers and he would repeatedly screech "give me the equations and I can do it".

That's a good way to put it

This Niqqa speaks loud

yeah, I can see that. I can imagine someone asking what the best material for x purpose is, and them spazzing out.

This. We are literally above all the others, the supreme ones.

A table of 3 tables actually sounds closer to the truth.

>Yeah, I could have done well, but I didn't feel like applying myself.
You and every other brainlet with an IQ barely above 100. Hard work can produce results even if you aren't a genius, what a novel concept. What that statement tells me about you is you're lazy without the intelligence to back it up.

>being such a beta you're afraid to banter with a waiter
no wonder you majored in math

>"I always hated math in school"
>"o-oh I always hated lunch in school haha"
Why do I keep doing this?

>
>>Are numbers real
>But like, are they?
Numbers were first used to send message's and multiplication was its first algorithm.

brainlets.

An "engineer" who doesn't understand shit to what he does is called a technician.

o i am laffin

if numbers aren't real why can I see them

Sounds like you've been outsmarted and you're mad about it, because both those things are true.

sounds like youre going to be spending a lot of time in a gas station

Posts on Veeky Forums

>We need to move away from dirty fossil fuels to clean up our energy grid and slow climate change.

>Hah, nuclear? That's too dangerous, and besides, solar panels and batteries will render all baseload power generation obsolete!

nuclear energy isnt clean though

>A smart person who didn't like math would still

Pick one

what exactly is a brainlet?

I'm halfway through my PhD and when I'm learning something one-on-one sans note-taking, I don't even look at them. I imagine people who expect a certain amount of eye contact or active listening while teaching are probably pretty poor educators.

If only there was a way that you could learn by yourself...

>what exactly is a brainlet?
Mfw a brainlet says this.

I was just asked to do this proof last week. What a waste of my life.

> all smart people were racist, look at all the nazi scientists

Well yes and no. Design is pretty much backed up by empirical formulas. Like calculating head loss through pipes have different equations based on Reynold's number, type of pipe material, whether the flow is laminar, turbulent or a mixture of both and even how smooth the pipe is. There's no real proof of it because it's all based on previous experiments. Design engineers in companies have access to their company's equations that aren't really made public because its based on that said company's own experiments and data.

Not refuting OP's claim though. Engineers that aren't constantly trying to be better and learn where practices come from are lower tier for sure.

>""""objective truth""""""
>"spending money on research is useless"
>has a strong political or economic opinion without reading anything about politics or economics because they assume the other side simply has no argument
>religious and has never questioned it
>watches pop-anything (sci, lit, history etc) and thinks they now understand the subject

>implying Galois was a brainlet

>I gues you live in a thrid world country?
yea like no one of us is bullied into doing things we dont like because we have to eat but everything has been privatized so we end up doing labour which only re-enforces the system that bullied us into joining in the first place

It's pretty fucking clean and green. People act as if there weren't any safe and stable caverns to be found (or made) ANYWHERE on this planet. In reality, it's just NIMBY all over again.

I think you can generalize

>religious and never questioned it

to

>holds firm beliefs without regularly questioning them

I've come across quite a few mega-brainlet atheists who suffer from the same fault you point out in some religious people.

atheism is a religion in a sense that its a belief system regarding "gods" which does not use axiomatic reasoning and emperical evidence to back up their claims

If you count atheism as a religion, then my suggestion is redundant. Good luck, however, trying to get many (especially among brainlet atheists) to accept this point.

This.

>atheism is a religion
just like bald is a hair color
just like off is a TV channel

just like fedora is a hat

Aaahahahahahahaa

gaytheists BTFO

Well maybe atheism's core is a lack of faith, but too many atheists are militant and dogmatic and in that way they seems religious.

>having strong, stable convictions makes you "religious"
This metaphor is overused as all hell

You have the conviction that a god doesn't exist, despite that being impossible to prove. That's called blind faith and makes you just as bad as someone who is religious, even if it doesn't make you religious.

>You have the conviction that a god doesn't exist
Lmao no I don't
Meme-tier assumption famalam

I'm the person you're replying to, and I agree

>if you don't believe a god exists, you must necessarily believe that a god doesn't exist
>failing to claim A is equivalent to claiming the negation of A

You're confusing atheism and agnosticism, brainlets.

uh lol

nice post

>You got alot more book sense than me, but what you aint got is common sense..

>well, you tend to do things in a very intellectual way; you think with your brain, but I think with my heart

>vaccines caused my son's autism
>vaccines are the reason why autism is so prevalent compared to when I was a kid
>the earth is flat
>chemtrails are legit

>"Oh user, you just believe in science just like others believe in the bible/quran/torah."

>capitalism may not be perfect, but it's the best system we have

>pepe is a good meme

Having a manageable amount of solid waste is much better than having a bunch of gas going everywhere.

Given that conservative monarchies are a thing of the past, this is actually true.

Really anytime I hear
>book smarts

>nuclear waste stays radioactive for four and a half billion years, user!