ITT: we share our clichees of students of different subjects, BUT please only based on personal experience, n >> 1...

ITT: we share our clichees of students of different subjects, BUT please only based on personal experience, n >> 1. Bonus points for stating your own field and country. I'll start.

Computer Science - badly bearded, won't let you finish talking because what they have to say is more imporant. Sad thing is, they often are right. This is more the "linux" type; the "theoretical cs" type acts exactly like Math (below). There also seems to be the Business-type, which always wears a light blue shirt, is very unlikeable and downright scary for me and the reason I already hate the working world while at university (I am personally very dionysian though).

Math - just quiet, nice people. Like cats. Maybe a little too introverted; I often seem to scare them away. Curious lack of interest for personal gains.

Physics - very arrogant ductus, talk to you like they ate wisdom for breakfast but are kind enough to sacrifice their valuable time explaining things to you mortal. Seem to be studying this out of an overattachment to the "smart kid in class" role in high school and it shows.
Also act like what they do is the only imporant thing, when in reality it obviously is artificial superintelligence. (Not to say that physics may not play a part in finding better computational substrates, but this can be said of every field)

Biology - nice, easy going nerds (in the positive sense) who just like their subject.

Engineering - Jocks (not in a negative way, they just like normie stuff and big hard cogwheels - and who does not?)

Electrical Engineering - hardly recognizable; seem to be just very normal, a little smarter than average people. Also many are from muslim countries.

Cognitive science - lesbians

This comes from a CS student, from Germany. Please don't be offended if I insulted the students of your field, I very likely did not mean you.

What I am interested in is psychologists, sociologists, philosphers, cognitive scientists and of course everything else.

>Math - just quiet, nice people. Like cats. Maybe a little too introverted; I often seem to scare them away. Curious lack of interest for personal gains.

When I walk in a hall that I know is full of normies I start walking autisticaly to be sure none of them will talk to me.

>philosopers
Hippies that talk like jaden smith; chemistry
pot heads and other druggies that want to start their own nootropic brand or open a meth lab
>psychology
Neckbeards and stacies
>business
normie fags that work in retail and want to be managers one day

Biochem, US, small uni

CS- not offered.

Math- very few of them but all were very smart, reserved, good people overall.

Physics- weirdos. I dont even mean in a mean way, just bad at socializing, bad at conversation, a couple of these kids were your definition of neckbeards obsessed with girls, thinking of themselves as "nice guys"

Biology- 90% of them are premed tryhards who only care about money, prestige, or making their parents happy. Most hate theory, hate learning, hate studying, and are shitty academics in general. Think they are better than everyone else

Engineering- Down to earth industry people. Also after money but not completely obsessed with it. Enjoy solving problems

EE- not offered

Cognitive science/kinesiology (sp?)- athletes who are really dumb and get boosted through classes even if they dont actually pass

Chemistry- Hardest major offered at my school, they are all extremely friendly and love talking chem, dont give a fuck about anyone else around them.

Philosophy- tryhard numales who liked to say they are in STEM

ITA, big uni

CS - Mostly tards who thought "Yea, i'm gonna be the next Steve Jobs"

Buisness - Tards/Jocks. Very low IQ

Engineering Managent: Uberdouches

Economics - People who didn't know what to do, but didn't want to do Buisness.

Biotechnology/Biology/Stuff like that: People who didn't pass medicine entrance test (Really popular in Italy)

ah, and medicine (in Austria): Normies, the kind who is really nice and everything but will still judge you as below their caste if you are a neckbeard. Some seem genuinely nice healers(most women), others are status-driven sociopaths (some women and the men)

The only philosopher I know (female) is a polytox long-term student which hates sjw's for being too agreeable, a hardcore feminist. Lives off the pocket of her rich father.

Then I know a greek/latin student; also rich parents, is very conservative, also drug problems, also long-term student.

A business student I know broke off his master's to become an entrepreneur and kill facebook. Did not work yet. Used to smoke a lot of weed but stopped after quitting uni. Regrets that, but still trying to hustle some new business idea. He makes me really happy to have learned an actual craft-like subject (No one will ever know that I learned nothing practical at uni...)

The only chemist I know is horribly overworked, and reports the same from other chemists. Says none of them have time for a personality.

CS: 9gaggers who love le derpina meme, redditors and sjws, think they're the best in college;

Math: Nice people, intelligent though some can seem a bit autistic, but it's rare;

Physics: Pretentious idiots mostly, who will want to make it seem like they're better than you;

Biology: Pretty much just girls, chill dudes, and generaly uninteresting people;

Engineering: People interested in making money, landing a nice job, but also interested in what they learn, can handle conversations well and can be interesting;

Biomedical: Prep kids who couldn't get into medicine;

Biochem: Chill, but hardworking people, mostly girls;

>9gag

That site still exists? Holy shit I still remember kony 2012; can't believe it's been 5 years

Yeah you're a dumbass

I came in here expecting to disagree but unfortunately I can't

statisticians - critical of your sample (and consequently your opinions)

Computer science: smelly neck beards and people who heard you can make six figures

Math - berger squad and future high school teachers

Physics - future high school teachers

MechE & chemE - bros

EE - mix of autists, Indians, and gays-in-engineering

Civil - morons who can't cut it in a more challenging field

Biology - girls and premeds

>pot heads and other druggies that want to start their own nootropic brand or open a meth lab
Literally zero chemistry students in the world fit this description.

It's seems fairly accurate.
But I do think that the artificial superintelligence being the shit is debatable

>keep hearing that EE students are a bunch of weirdos
Sounds like I'll fit right in.

>CS shit students
Retarded manchildren who know how to ""code"" and play videogames, but couldn't solve a math problem for his life. Unappealing to sight.
>CS good students
Likes to do gain skills in many things related to computing and alao outside his field. Also, generally unappealing to sight, but a chill introverted personality.
>Math shit students
Lazy autists who think math is all about being elegant so they close themselves into just learning useless easy proofs in easy subjects and develop no proper geometric intuition. Hates physics. Thinks he is hot shit for doing "useless math", and always sound like assholes when talking. Usually can't pass basic Calc or do poorly in it. Their appearance changes drastically, but you have more of the nerdish types for both male and female
>Math good student
Understands how connected math is and the importance of having a good overall knowledge of different subjects, and seems to genuinely enjoy the subject. Work hard af and don't complain about any subject in particular. Not much difference from above, but they seem more healthy and groomed.
>Physics shit student
Retarded, brainded anime-lovin, vydia-playin manchildren who hates math but fucking loves science. Generally quotes from comic books and other retarded media, but faila at basic mechanics problems. I usually feel bad for them because they also seem to be the ugliest and I suppose life will be hell when being a complete autist through school didn't pay off.
>Physics good student
Ubermensch, though, they can be pretty geeky and awkward.
>Biology
The only thing I know about biology, is that it's we're the white bitches at, but I have no idea as to the actual performance of anyone. It seems that in graduate programs, the stacies get called out cauase they don't enter or fail.
>Engineering shit student
Either a retarded jocks who will pass with the bare minimum because he thinks that will be enough to get rich (if he ia already rich then it works). Cont

Or they are nerdish assholes who think engineering is the hardest subject ever so that's why they are failing. Antisocial, but not because of awkwardnes, but for just being unbearable to be with. Can't change hia views of math from HS. Generally fit though, but may be ugly or weird.
>Engineering good student
Generally slave types with a lot of handle for preassure. Not that keen to leave his comfort zone, but willing to tackle it head on if necessary. Has proper social skills, so he is a pretty nice guy to be around. A lot of alpha types. They can be ugly, but take care of themselves a lot.
>Cognitive science
Met few who seem to have genuine interest in the subject. A lot of stacies who think they will manipulate people with their new-found skills like some sort of super power.

holy shit you nailed it, especially physics, and the distinction between practical CS types and theoretical types

it's actually kind of scary how I could predict what you were going to say about each type before I read it

>hunt down facebook

bad idea to try and beat a behemoth of that size and scope. facebook is not competing with anybody. it has become a standard.

>chemists
Love alcohol

USA, Geology

>Geology
Generally wealthy parents, almost entirely white, generally kind, easygoing, flexible morals, occasional asshole (inevitably petroleum/mining, maybe geophysics).
>Physics
Egoists. From every stereotype of a liberal, to dudes who want to be navy seals. Microcosm of everything I dislike in society.
>Oceanographers/Marine Sciences
Controlled/reserved geologists, I assume they get crazy on their boats
>Anthropology
Either people genuinely interested, could be almost any kind of person, or someone who needed a major
>Economics
I only ever met stressed out assholes that I felt bad for, but would not want to spend time with.

What is the cliche of geologists in Germany OP?

i don't get this math meme. most of my school's math graduates go into actuary, data science, statistics etc. you'd have to specialize in educational maths to be able to teach.

Went to technical school with 5::3 male to female ratio. Only offers science and engineering degrees.
> Biology
Cute women, girls, and then feminine men.
> Engineers (overall)
Frat Bros.
> CS
Damn smart. Damn cringy. Have no idea what real life is like. Simultaneously their greater strength and greatest weakness.
> Physics
Egoists. Bogged down by hw. Awesome partiers. (yours truly)
> Math
No actual culture. Usually get math degree with another, like CS or Phys (yours truly as well).
> Mech E's
Funnest. Greatest group of friends were Mechies. Hardcore drinkers.
> EE's
Phys majors + autism
> Psychology
Sample size too small.

Every physicist I've met at uni have been arrogant, insufferable twats.

Why is this? Fucking nerds. Just because they learn a few pointless formulas and a practically retarded alphabet they think they're hot shit...

Good luck in the real world kiddos.

Also USA, geology.

I always thought the stereotype was bearded guys who wear cargo shorts everywhere and drink a lot. (and I'm gradually becoming more and more of that guy.)

>STEM (any major)
Total fag, thinks that reading a few textbooks will allow him to understand the geniuses like einstein, godel, newton, etc. In actuality he's just memorizing how to solve slightly difficult problems.
>Great books
Ubermensch

>can handle convos well
Haha, that's where you're wrong, kiddo
I don't even talk in public

>berger squad
The fuck is that?

Found the pain in the ass pretentious physicist.

And by the way, I didn't even need to read all the way to where you described "good" physicists to figure out you're a physics major. Your whole post reeks of blowhard.

a wild bunch

>math students
>wild
Your school is interesting.

Where can i major in Great Books?

CS - TVesque looking nerds, ugly, short and relatively stupid

Math - Tall and handsome, but after you spend time with them you start noticing quirks in their behaviour; something seems off

Physics - mixed bundle; you have everything from the Edward Wittens who talk nothing but physics to the guys who are super chill but still fairly smart

Engineering - even dumber than CS students and arrogant to boot; basically too stupid to know how out of depth they are when discussing anything; best to be avoided

Chemistry & Biology - very girly subject; very nice girls, slightly slow

Maybe the Great Courses Plus?

Lol at all the Engineers ITT calling physicist arrogant.

Here's a thought: maybe you shouldn't talk about shit you understand nothing about. It's poor etiquette. When we know nothing, we shut up and admit that we know nothing.

You'll never hear a physicist talking politics and economics because we know nothing about that stuff. But an Engineer? Might as well believe he is the next president/prime minister with all the "solutions" he has for everyone's problems

>implying only engineers think you're a bunch of blowhards

found another physpuss

hurrrr only a (((physicist))) can understand mechanics and electrodynamics
>my work is so important revolutionary and incomprehensible

You people really don't try to hide your insufferable autism do you?

What do you guys think about MD students

>People with better grades and hence better at obeying orders are better people than other students
Good goy.

you underestimate the power of drugs

>he hates physicists, the ones with highest IQs
>he is interested in psychologists, sociologists, philosphers, cognitive scientists and of course everything else on Veeky Forums
>on Veeky Forums

Some unis have great books programs, like columbia

My major:
Cool chill guys who fuck often and are basically great
The rest:
not worth mentioning