What's the difference between INTJ and INTP?

What's the difference between INTJ and INTP?

Other urls found in this thread:

synesthete.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Books

One arbitrary unquantifiable metric in a reductive and applicationless categorization "system"

An INTP will read books for the sake of accruing knowledge.

An INTJ will read books for a purpose. To learn something that is relevant for the INTJ and their goals.

One letter.

INTP: introverted thinking (likes focusing all attention on something geeky like computer programming to take their mind off the fact they're lame and will never have a girlfriend), extroverted intuition (rambles on and on about stupid shit nobody cares about), introverted sensing (curmudgeon, tiny penis), extroverted feeling (bottle up feelings that explode in autistic rage)

4-5% of population

INTJ: introverted intuition (synesthesia, thinks in images), extroverted thinking (likes to use thinking as a tool to better themselves or humanity), introverted feeling (authentic, sincere, has good taste and judgment, aesthetic, into literature and art), extroverted sensing (perfectionism, conflict between asceticism and self-indulgence)

0.001% of population
if you think you are intj, you are probably intp

I am both except big benis.

you sound like an istp to me

kek

Which implies what, lower IQ? Could be.

One got a slightly different result on a glorified horoscope than the other.

INTJs are pretty much the /pol/ browser type desu

It's always interesting to encounter people who actually believe in these personality trait bogus systems.

personality types are a spook

you wouldn't understand my explanations since you don't have introverted intuition like me
sorry

INTP = lazy & degenerate INTJ

typical introverted feelers
they hate it when you try to label them

INTP's have insight
INTJ's have opinions

try are very similar flavors of people; an intj is more likely to speak where an intp is more likely to listen. intp's are more likely to have a favorite book, album, movie, etc.(and, predictably, believe their favorites are examples of superior works within the medium as a whole) whereas an intp has a bunch of stuff they like, but no real favorite

As an INTJ - could you date another INTJ, and expect a healthy relationship?

Your intj description fits me pretty well desu my dude
>I guess that makes me an autistic intp :^)

one thing that intp's do is they embed all the other functions into their introverted thinking as an illusion that doesn't really exist, it's just another fantasy they obsess over to keep their minds off their lack of gf

Every test I take says INTP.

Try writing more coherently next time.

He's saying intps pretend they're smarter/better than they really are, as part of the fantasies they spend their life imagining.
Hence, in their own minds, intps will often see themselves as fitting the intj description
But yeah, could have been phrased better.

the most patrician type is the male infj (me)
it's what nietzsche meant by ubermensch
they're similar to my intj description above except they're more friendly and warm and have lots and lots of sex with the prettiest girls and they're more independent-minded and "spiritual" and whimsical and playful

most people that buy into MBTI are usually disillusioned into thinking that learning such a thing about themselves is enlightening and reveals a truth when infact it does little to nothing to constitute them as a unique individual, because only a fool would truly believe they're more unique than another human being

life is a banquet and many girls would rather take the dick of the one that doesn't waste their time dwelling about such useless malarkey

This thread is stupid.

Just for fun, what's your MBTI type?

Mine is ENTP

Me too. MBTI is complete bullshit.

>life is a banquet and many girls would rather take the dick of the one that doesn't waste their time dwelling about such useless malarkey
dude have you ever seen a tinder or dating site profile on your life? mb and horoscope shit is always on there

What the fuck does this have to do with literature?

extroverted feeler and introverted sensing detected
isfj

istj or intp or istp

istj or intp

>Hence, in their own minds, intps will often see themselves as fitting the intj description
I don't see a contradiction in the description of the two types given in this thread except that INTJ is described as the more desirable type but logically speaking the qualities seem to be perfeclty compatible to me, like you can be lame but authentic and sincere, and you can be a permavirgin but still use thinking as a tool to better yourself and humanity. etc. pp.

There's nothing about how all INTJ "have gf" or "don't ramble on about stupid shit".

And that synesthesia part is just straight faggy honestly

And being so newfag in your judgement as to see a conflict between asceticism and self-indulgence as part of your character just betrays lack of education I mean this is baby stuff start g r e c o

One is part of a 21st century attempt at astrology, and so is the other.

this whole post is a perfect example of introverted sensing in action

Introverted Sensing often involves storing data and information, then comparing and contrasting the current situation with similar ones.

The immediate experience or words are instantly linked with the prior experiences, and we register a similarity or a difference—for example, noticing that some food doesn't taste the same or is saltier than it usually is.

Introverted Sensing is also operating when we see someone who reminds us of someone else.

Sometimes a feeling associated with the recalled image comes into our awareness along with the information itself. Then the image can be so strong, our body responds as if reliving the experience. The process also involves reviewing the past to draw on the lessons of history, hindsight, and experience.

With introverted Sensing, there is often great attention to detail and getting a clear picture of goals and objectives and what is to happen. There can be a oneness with ageless customs that help sustain civilization and culture and protect what is known and long-lasting, even while what is reliable changes.

>tfw ENFP with social anxiety and no confidence
i used to have loads of confidence and self esteem and now i fear its gone forever

also everyone has all of the functions it has to do with emphasis

also i gave manifestations of the functions because i wanted to make it more concrete for the non-intuitives here
the sun descends on the horizon, the moon descends on the horizon, a similar behavior is manifested for each
but the mechanism for what you see is completely different

INTP
>emotionally/socially autistic and closed off
>less outwardly organized
>thinking is more free/flexible, less planned
>prefers to reason with a framework of pure logic/theoretics
INTJ
>emotionally/socially insecure and open
>more outwardly organized
>thinking is more strict/controlled, more planned/strategic
>prefers to reason within a practical/empirical framework
This guy may be a good example of a INTJ. Note the desperate need to validate himself and dismiss the INTP's unregulated nature.

how can i tell if i'm Ni dominant?
I don't understand that function honestly.

what are some good INTJ jobs? Military commander sounds perfect in theory but I don't want to join the military. Business executive has too much extroverted requirements. Science is cool but I dislike working in the lab. I am a math major so theoretical and analytical stuff like that interest me but I am not sure I'd like a job that is so detached from reality. Theoretical physics is interesting but I'm not sure I can devout fifteen hours/day for the rest of my life to be someone who likely won't do anything too ground breaking in the field. Novelist has too many words and filmmaking has too many people to manage. Engineering has too much lab work. Programming is tedious as well as most of philosophy. Any other INTJs feel similarly lost?

male infj

it's more of a joyous vindication of my superior values
and you have no idea what you're talking about
mbti neophytes like you don't even know that an introvert with a p is really a j and the p/j value you're using to come up with your description only works for extroverts

synesthete.org/
most Ni dominants are synesthetes but not all synesthetes are Ni dominants

infj are the real autismos man, they take being introvert to another level

physical therapist or physical therapist assistant

That's not an INTJ problem. You either lack a passion or are lazy or both.

infj is the antipode of autism par excellence
the reason they seek solitude is because even normies are too autistic for them

Oh dear, this thread sucks. What a surprise.

Something I'd like to add is that INTJs are more conventional, simply because their goals are linked to the external world; as such, they work with it.

INTPs have a level of detachment that sometimes renders them ineffectual, but often more innovative. Speaking from my own experience, things often seem strange/uncanny to me, even ordinary objects, because I think about how arbitrary they are; the reason for their existence ultimately eludes logic, at least, my own logic. (from the perspective of QM and chaos theory - everything could easily be different, from the atomic level to the societal and universal, it's just odd, the brazen existence of things). An INTJ is perhaps less likely to get bogged down in metaphysics, though existentialism is probably important to them due to their need for effectiveness.

Honestly, it can be pretty hard to distinguish between INTP and INFJ. Ti-Ne vs. Ni-Ti. But one of the best ways is to look at the other functions and use elimination to reach your 'type'.

this guy is definitely an intp

Master race

I have too many passions. That's the problem. I'm not lazy either, maybe a little unambitious, but not lazy. I wouldn't have a problem not being an INTJ but every time I take the test it's what I get, even when I try to answer the questions in a different thinking style.

you might be a male infj like me

>I'd like a job that is so detached from reality
>Programming is tedious as well as most of philosophy.

look into medical professions

another thing you might be good at is architecture but i think that is difficult to into nowadays

being and INTP fucking sucks, INTJ are autists too but they dont seem to sweat it
>implying MBTI is even legit
Sometimes I wish I had taken the schoolar autist path instead of the artsy degenerate autist path, it doesnt fit my T right

front end web development

>an introvert with a p is really a j
can you expand on this?

Do I into that?
>inb4 google
My google broke last week, pls no bully

How do I*
fix'd

it's something you can teach yourself and doesn't require a computer science degree or anything, if you have a bachelor's in anything you're better off
go to the web development plebbit, there's all sorts of online classes and stuff
but if you're like me and can't stand solving puzzles and logic games and fiddling with technology then look into physical therapy assistance or medical assistance or radiology or pharmacy technician stuff or maybe even nursing if you're okay with sticking tubes up people's urethras and want to work 12 hour shifts three days a week and have four day weekends every week
you'll need a two year degree but the kind of socialness required for something like that is way different than the kind required for something like business

someone explain this to me

Thanks but I'm not going to do any of that

it doesn't mean anything, it was invented by women

i think a big problem for introverted dudes of our generation is anyone who isn't a complete dumbass and can make good grades in little babby math in high school is considered smart and logical and is pushed into shitty autist stem careers they don't really care about
then they look around and there's retard tools jobs like air condition and refrigeration and they can't do that because they can't even change their car tire
then they look at healthcare stuff and think they can't do that because they're "not good with people"
then they either force themselves to get a stem degree they don't care about, major in something interesting like history or english that doesn't train them for a job, or drop out of or skip going to college altogether

>not turbulent
It means you are a fag

nigga explain infj 2me

INTJs are more annoying.

Yes, it would theoretically be a great relationship.

Except, unfortunately, INTJ women are even rarer then men (almost non-existent) so there is a very little chance of that ever happening to you.

Drop out and working part time to have time to create your art is the patrician choice, desu, unless you have a 200iq, in that case stay in physics or philosophy

>100% introverted

right there with you

that's the how to be poor choice
the patrician choice is to work as little as possible while in college getting a four-year degree in something you love using scholarship or mommy money
then when you graduate get a job in a grocery store or something simple stocking grocery store shelves for a year while living with mommy to save money
during these five years it's your goal to find a qt non-materialistic patrician girl that makes or has the potential to make $50,000 a year or more (hang around nursing department) and to build your literary and philosophical and artistic taste and bookshelves (whole point of part time college job is to buy books, if you prefer to not work at all then get ebooks) and shitpost on lit and have fun while you're young
then use the money you saved or take out a student loan and get a 2 year degree (it'll only take you one year since you already have the basic requirements and can transfer credits) in something you can actually get a job with and that's in demand and that's not autistic and computer related and that can you make up to $50,000 a year with
then in one year you'll have a combined income of $100,000 with your gf and can move to anywhere you want in the country (arizona is good if you like the outdoors)
you'll actually have a 4 year degree in something you like and that looks good on resumes regardless of what you do
you'll have a 2 year degree in something you can make money with and something you selected after plenty of time considering it
and you will have built up your literary tastes and common big picture historical knowledge at an early age and will have a vast library of hundreds of books you can read after work but won't have to do all the research to find what you like but will be plucking from your wreath
other methods could involve joining military after college but unless you're trained for a civilian job there you'll be fucked when you get out

if you're 18 the most important thing in your life right now is to find a gf before all of the good ones get pregnant
and once you get one gf it's really easy to get 2 and 3 and 4
unless you're lucky, you want to try out several so you can develop taste in women and can quickly spot the troublesome whores by facial features

This desu. All I do is scour the internet for memes, read books, and bang degenerate liberal women. I contribute nothing to society.

impressive

best advice ever

This is quality stuff

who /enfp/ master race?

infj masterrace
we out here

me, but fuck you

You seem very biased

>implying infj is better than infp in the humanities

Ok but why didnt you write the part where you make your masterpiece novel, or painting, or album, or whatever? Dont you want to go beyond being human by creating art? How is that patrician?

Do you consistently receive the same results or fluctuate between some letters?

Infj/isfp here. Lie somewhere in between.

Wow. You're super smart, user. Here's a gold star, kiddo.

Can an INTJ's purpose not be to accrue knowledge?

intj/intp depending on the day or test.

idk i think that's something you should work on for decades like montaigne did with his book

I'm INTP, one time almost got INFP, shit was scary
Also I got INFJ in the meme flowchart above
MBTI is such a meme

>spend 5 decades writing a 100 pages novel
>get unpublished
No thanks

Sometimes I get INTP, and other times INTJ. I'd say there a 50/50 chance of either-or.

Does that make me 0.0000001% of the pop?

I'm extremely lonely pls help

INTJ's would accrue knowledge for a purpose. You likely wouldn't find and INTJ learning trivia for fun. They want nothing to do with useless facts. That is very much a trait of a Ti user.

Pretty much every important scientist has been an INTP. All the INTJs I know are arrogant assholes who say they know everything, but are still fuckups at life. I can see why there are a lot of INTJs here.

Also, I'm an INTP.

>thinks in images

Everyone does this.

What do you like to read?

Newton+Hawking+Tesla+Musk>Darwin+Einstein

Im just going by what I found online. Kant is a nice score for INTP though

Hegel didn't, pleb.

I did not make the original post, I only deciphered the garbage

Are there any INTP fiction writers?
Borges seems INTP'ish

tesla = INTJ

lmao nvm i c what u meen