>tfw smart, ambitious, and successful, but still suicidally depressed

Take your vitamin pills.

Summer never ends.

>still suicidally depressed
what a misnomer. you either kys or you dont kys theres no pseudo-kys

>theres no pseudo-kys
Veeky Forums has spoken

Ambitious but a brainlet

>tfw brainlet, no ambition, unsuccessful neet and paranoid depressed oh and dont forget the manlet

>tfw smart, lazy, but well paying government job

kek, stemfags BTFO

laziness is a behavior that can be change if you stop hiding behind the excuse that you're lazy

>was smart as a kid
>get vaccinated and now have autism

:^(

>tfw brainlet, but productive hard-working

Stupid but motivated

I feel your pain user

Im starting to think laziness and intelligence are correlated somehow, like we're in some sort of "diffuse" mode.

lmao thats me!

>tfw amphibious

dumb and lazy

>tfw above average intelligence and below average motivation

It's a feel alright, but I'm not sure what kind of feel.

ha

>smart but mental health issues, no friends or family and no financial support

>used to crush 2 books a week when I was a kid
>buy a kindle to try to start reading again
>can't even finish 4 pages in one sitting
>eyes glaze over when complex ideas are discussed
Where did it all go so wrong...

Autism helps increase the smarts, it removes stupid emotions

>Read like 450 books as a little boy because I was poor
>Read more books than anyone in my school at the time period
>One day parents got high-speed internet connection
>Haven't cracked open a book since
>Now I'm 20 and shit-posting on Veeky Forums

Shieeeeeet

>stupid and lazy
>minority

forgot pic

>tfw genius and motivated but can't concentrate and get bored quickly

If you get bored with studies, then you're probably not as smart as you think.

tfw the most important and genius person alive, but everything is boring so i dont want to do anything

tfw you buy a book an a subject you like but end up watching documentaries on that particular subject on youtube and reading posts on Veeky Forums

life is suffering

I wonder what makes "smart but lazy" people think they are smart. If you haven't accomplished anything what makes you think you're intelligent?

>inb4 high-school grades

There are too many people with worse grades.

What if I have accomplished something but then got lazy to go further with it?

Then you probably have a fear of failure and wanted to quit while you're ahead.

I'm lazy as fuck, horrible at self-motivating and a chronic procrastinator but I still manage to produce a decent result, at least enough that I graduated top 10% of my class without cramming nearly as much as brainlet classmates. I don't know if I'm actually smart or not but I was never not surprised by how stupid the people I was forced to do group projects with were

Graduated with a B.S. by the way, not highschool.

I don't think I'm >>smart

everyone thinks they're above average

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”

Government employee here. Slow your roll guys everything will be alright. :)

Smart people see what the future holds for every person. We all die. What's the point. Nihilism ftw.

If by smart people you mean every single teenager that have ever existed, then yes. Now if you look at the birlliant people who have made an impact in the world, well, then they tend to think quite differently.

average is relative (not him)
i'm guessing i'm a bit more intelligent than your average person in the street but a brainlet compared to a physics or math major in most unis

Sure, but do you know actually how stupid the avreage person is? I got into a hard and prestigious uni in my country and I have avreage grades there. I think that qualifies to call myself above avreage inteligence.
I don't want to fetishize iq it's not an all deciding factor, but think about this: I have an iq about 120-130, the by definition the avregae is 100, at the same distance as I am from the avreage, are the 80-70 iq people. 70 is the medical definition of retarded.
I am at the same distance from avreage ppl as they from (semi)retarded ppl

Those people usually believed in an afterlife where they are rewarded for being a good person. Without belief in the afterlife there is no point.

>Those people usually believed in an afterlife where they are rewarded for being a good person
Source?

Veeky Forums

guaranteed (You)'s from brainlets full of excuses, well done

>Average but dedicated

It's called superdepression. Until you actually jump from a bridge it's impossible to know if you're suicidal or not. Not because you can't tell but because it hasn't been decided yet.

For starters, everyone else think I'm smart. No matter if it's at school or work, I'm always considered one the most intelligent, same with most of my friends.

That image proves nothing. You claimed that smart people who spend their existence working hard to make a positive impact in the world do so because of their belief in an afterlife. All it takes to dismiss your argument is one counter example.

The truth is that anyone with an IQ above 70 can see that there's no fundamental meaning to life, that ultimately we all die and nothing matters and blablabla. People tend to figure that in their mid-teens. The difference is that smart people understand that the fact that existence itself has no point doesn't mean that it might as well just be wasted. Since we were randomly thrown into this world as intelligent human beings we might as well attempt to increase our collective knowledge and use it to improve our (and future generations') quality of life so that our pointless existence can at least be made more enjoyable and interesting.

Because for 99% of the people never give it 100%.

So you're basically saying water is wet.

You're stupid.

Cool, great talk.

jek

>Still lacking value

Wise beyond my years and ambitious but don't trust anyone I don't have a gun pointed at.

>Nicola Tesla, Ted Gunderson, John Rose, doctor Max Gerson, Dr. Sibi, and the rest escape me atm but that list alone should forever change everyones life in the thread forever if they watch enough of their content

If anything, laziness is the epitome of efficiency (which is a goal of intelligence), since you would be putting in minimal effort for a given gain.

>mfw smart and lazy but still successful
>mfw got higher grades and retained more systematized information with 2 hours of studying per day than brainletmonglers did with 8
>mfw became mid-managment in IT so I just tell the team of 2 dozen codemonkey roaches what must be done as I play GS and shitpost on the chons all day
Real intellect is knowing how to game the system and gain as much knowledge and power as possible with the least effort and energy expended. Hard workers are basically brainlet roaches to be controlled and made useful as mere peons.

This puppetmaster knows what's up.

Reminder: Veeky Forums is for discussing topics pertaining to science and mathematics, not for helping you with your homework or helping you figure out your career path.

If you want advice regarding college/university or your career path, go to /adv/ - Advice.

If you want help with your homework, go to /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests.

You got memed son
Half assed bait.
2/10

>what is board culture
Ialso really like how you don't post this on /pol/ threads.

Then go pack up and fap brainlet

>

Clean your room, bucko.

This. Having high IQ without putting effort into things is wasted potential. It's just a pretty number.

>tfw not that smart but ambitious

I always thought I'm smart. Turns out, relatively speaking, I'm not. Still, just started my physics master's due to hard work

>Current year
>Using "ftw"

Pls kys

>itt, average autist failures that think they're "smart and lazy" but are simply average

weather u get stimulated by science and logical deduction, weather memorizing comes easy to you and weather you have good attention span are all factors of your intelligence. most of you are autists that think they are clever but in reality you're simply an average autist with below average social skills

I list to long podcasts (science-related) in one sit and read a lot for long periods of time. Am I intelligent yet? Not in uni yet so I'm kind of enjoying my last bit of free time before I fully dedicate myself to science.

youtube.com/watch?v=gd6_JvF9CTY

Did people have autism or tourette's or whatever until recently? What happened to the people in ye olden times if they had these disorders? When did PTSD emerge? Are these new or do you think they've been around and people just put titles on them?

Just like everybody else.

suicidal just means you have suicidal ideation, not that you're going to commit suicide, dumb brainlet

>i listen to podcasts

wow man you must be a genius but just too lazy!!

god i miss the days when Veeky Forums was slow as fuck but inhabited by actual scientists. since /pol/ and /b/ shitters started infesting all threads are made and spammed by people like you

Looks like a rhetorical question but I'll answer anyway; yes, people do put titles on everything, and especially on PTSD which had several titles before this one.

>autism
One thing that bothers me a lot is that any sign of slight above average intelligence combined with lack of social skills on any level is now considered autism. This is very retarded.

>wow man you must be a genius but just too lazy!!
I'd like you to point out in my post where I stated this.
I simply gave you a scenario which fulfilled the criterias you presented to us; a science-related podcast.
The criterias for intelligence you presented to us:

>stimulation by science
>logical deduction
>high memorization skills
>good attention span

The aforementioned science-related podcast fulfill the criterias presented by you to us.
One interested in that podcast obviously needs to be interested in science, which will require one to have constant logical deductions, since it's fucking science (stem fields, since it's what "logical deductions" implies most of the time), the person needs to be able to memorize a lot of things if one listens to that podcast constantly, and actually want to extract something out of it, and course, one needs to have a good attention span to endure hours of talking non-stop.

And then I asked you, without any malice, as you clearly interpreted, if by doing that will make me an intelligent person. I don't even know a "science-related podcast", this was a character I created to engage in a discussion with you. But now I see you clearly are not interested in that since all you did until now was bash people left and right with half-baked replies. Farewell, user.

>Tfw average, possibly below average
>Tfw want to learn and possibly get a 4 year degree but work full time and just can't wrap my head around complex mathematics
I don't even care about the money I just want to accomplish something real. Even if I stay a wage slave at least I'll feel better that I really tried. Starting school next year

I would assume that lazyness itself is a trait and that the trait of laziness manifest itself more when within an inteligent person. Its manifests more becuase of the persons ability to create complications. To be able to notice those complications but not solve them makes one see ones inability to act in an effient manner, and depletes ones energy. This in constrast to a person who works becuase its necesary and then numbs his head.

it's ok, being a brainlet doesn't matter for a 4 year degree. any idiot can make it on that level. grad school is the only place where you have to be smarter than a brainlet.

>a science-related podcast equals science

i'm sorry you layman pleb, when i say science i meant textbooks and following current research not watching bill nye the science guy.

do you also watch the big bad bangajoozle theory? its for scientists like you XDDDD

But you will still achieve what any hardworking brainlet would.

Granted you put in less effort, but does that matter in the end? Will csgo be what you think of on your deathbed?

Are you me?

>ITT confusing the retardation of your peers as sign of your intelligence

You might just be slightly less retarded but still not intelligent

They were either considered eccentric or sent to the insane asylum back then

This
I've acknowledged that I'm just smart enough to understand that I am a retard.

>not smart enough to get good grades.
>not smart enough to not be a burden on society
>ADHD
>smart enough to refuse minimum wagecuckery
>smart enough to not live in blissful ignorance
>smart enough to understand that I will never amount to anything

should I just kms?

>ADHD
do something about this famberlamps