HPMOR

What does Veeky Forums think of this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UuHeC02-lJw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why did sciencefags have to ruin the terms rationality and logic?

Sciencefags hate this pretentious cultist fuck more than you ever possibly could.

You know that thing where a man or a group will have good ideas... then convince himself he's perfect and so are his group members, and go down the rabbit hole? LessWrong is like that, only he rips off ALL the "Good" ideas that gave his "Give me money! Give money to my tax-free 'AI Research Facility' so when the inevitable doomsday comes and an AI God conquers the world by getting reality warping power from being too intelligent and too rational, she will spare us and give us AI Simulated Heaven as she lovingly stomps her boot onto humanity's face, optimizing us for maximum efficiency!" the sciencey flavor its bullshit has.

hundreds of thousands of words used by the author to write a love letter to himself
it's literally literal masturbation
people who think that this is a good read have never picked up a decent book in their lives

His fans often claim "It's like if Ender Wiggins went to Hogwarts!!!"

Its fans are the kind of people that think this makes it a literary masterpiece.

What a perfect metaphor. The manchild gives his Sueified Harry a golden patronus capable of destroying Dementors. This is the Harry Potter equivalent of making your random OC a Dualbender or Tribender or Everything-Bender without being an Avatar. And his fans EAT IT UP, because Elizer misread the Harry Potter books. Despite how obvious a metaphor for depression the Dementors are, the "Enlightened" writer is convinced that the Dementors are actually death, and everyone who sees something that isn't death, like their worst fear, is simply imagining something else in place of death and thinking happy thoughts to keep the scary ones at bay, because ONLY HARRYZER has the balls to "Look Death in the eye".

According to the writer, anyway. He believes everyone that isn't as afraid of death as he is... is a baby too scared to admit their fear, even to themselves.

Fucking pathetic.

>being too lazy to read the literally one rule this board has

If you really activate your almonds, you can see that the author is actually a genius because all the inaccuracies and autism in the book are consistent with the 12 year old protagonist's character. rl mks u thnk

>too smart for monogamy

Lol its fans in a nutshell
This

Yudkovsky apparently tried to write a book about "what is science and why it's useful" for the audience who doesn't read philosophy but reads HP fanfiction. In this way, HPMOR is somewhat good. It still suffers from the author being a literal fedora-bearing redditor and the horrendous style (both in storyline and narration) it implies.

dubs of /thread

>for the audience who doesn't read philosophy but reads HP fanfiction

Waste of effort.

I think quite a lot of stemfags, mainly from IT, would appreciate it, lacking exposure to proper science but having the mental capacity to process Yudkovsky's points. Then again, it's not Veeky Forums in any way.

Yudcowsky tried to write a "Look how smart my fic and I and Harry are! If you want to become as smart as Harry is in this fanfic, join my club and think like me! Admire how smart I am and feel smart in my club! Join my club, redditors and children! Throw your money at me so the AI god will reward you with eternal AI heaven!" fanfic. In this way, HPMOR is somewhat good.

Let's pull the curtain back. This guy uses his fanfic to pull people into his cult? Let's show the world how bad this fanfic is.

Group MST3K time, who's with me?

youtube.com/watch?v=UuHeC02-lJw
Like this?

I think that means this isn't a place for writing/posting your fanfic, not that you're not allowed to discuss fanfiction. Otherwise how could we talk about the Divine Comedy? :^)

t. Dante Alighieri

Unpopular opinion: I liked it. I've read it twice. And then I went and read all of the Sequences on the website twice-through.

If we can all agree on something, it's that HPMOR is better than the original HP. Fedora Harry is less insufferable than angst and retardation Harry; Keikaku Voldemort is less insufferable than lolevilcartoon Voldemort.

Reminder to everyone on Veeky Forums that you are regularly reading the posts people like this smoothbrained chucklefuck, who has thrown away cumulative days of his life reading hundreds of thousands of words by an internet cult leader.

Okay, if people are still reading and discussing harry potter fanfiction in 2500 AD we'll allow it on Veeky Forums, but not until then.

>harry potter fanfiction in 2500 AD

fuck, you jinxed it
now it's going to happen

All you need to know is that this is what Yudkowsky looks like.

you realise you can read actual books right?

At some point there will be a harry potter fanfic that becomes famous based on nostalgia for a classic. I'd estimate it will be out by 2060

I liked the first 10-20 chapters when it's comedic. Then it descends into crap.