Wtf

Wtf
collegehumor claims that you can have babies after 35 without any major problems. All the fertility scare is just propaganda.
Are they right?

youtube.com/watch?v=6YIz9jZPzvo

Other urls found in this thread:

mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/down-syndrome/symptoms-causes/dxc-20337347
bbc.com/news/magazine-24128176
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This is a science board. You're asking a medical question. Nobody here can answer you.

Ask a doctor.

Better yet, study fertility yourself. Get your own answer. Stop asking someone to give you a yes or a no.

but i know that there are several medstudent and doctors on Veeky Forums...
I will research for myself, but i wanted to know if anyone else here has already read into it

genetic load increases with paternal age.
you want brainlet kids?

I'm the oldest of four children and my parents started in their late 30s. I cannot advise against it enough all four of us are off kilter in various ways (with me being the worst with a full on sperger diagnosis). My youngest sister has her back covered entirely in moles.

They probably have. And come to their own personal conclusions on the subject.

The point is that in asking stupid yes or no questions you're already limiting the potential options. But you're asking a broad question, that requires a great deal of information to understand. So stop trying to look for the easy answer and find the real fucking answer yourself.

>t. someone with an associate's degree in biology

If you were really a Veeky Forumsfag, then you would leap at the opportunity to impart knowledge on others, you fucking brainlet.

if you're over 25 you shouldn't be having kids. You're supposed to be done, and be raising your brood for the next five years until you die at 30 like humans did for the last 200,000 years.

Correlation ≠ causeation

Kek what? I don't know jack shit about biology. I'm a fucking film major.

What made you think I knew what I was talking about???

nice platitude kid
sometimes there is causation

What about getting older causes down syndrome? You've shown me the correlation, now show me the cause.

>film major

This is Veeky Forums. /tv/ is through the door on your left.

One post before he thought I already had a degree in a field I don't know anything about. What changed?

Also /tv/ has too many people. My main boards are Veeky Forums Veeky Forums and /p/.

It's been known for a very long time, faggot.

Except that's wrong. Average life expectancy was around 30 years for a long time because of the high child mortality, if you survived till 20, you had good chances to survive 30 years more

provided a famine didn't fuck your shit u

Woman were still at a high risk of dying of childbirth.

my mother had me at 45 and I'm totally fine

>Ended in Veeky Forums

Not too fine.

Medstudent here. The risk is greater after 35 but its not that extreme.

>Liberal media tells white people that they should have kids as late as possible to ensure the next generation of white people are all down syndrome autists

Heh, seems like a normal wednesday for liberal media. What are you surprised about OP? This is par for the course.

What about this chart? Or is it just a false correlation?

>without any major problems
not for the baby which is twice as likely to have autism, 10 times more likely to have ADHD and has a 1/3 chance of having down's syndrome

so no, older women have downies

user, autism is obviously caused by vaccines and has nothing to do with genetics nor parent's age

I'm almost certain there is positive correlation.Tbh i am only studying for a year and i really can't tell you if the chart is completely accurate (pretty sure its not).

So was the existiance of God. Now look what happened.

>medstudent and doctors on Veeky Forums...
We purged them all a while back. Only real STEM here now.

Risk increases with each passing year,the more you wait the bigger chances for a fucked up kid.
After all its you call,while your wife is waiting to have kids at 40 the prime womb meat is long gone.

t.doc

We know the cause... The longer the eggs stay in metaphase (which human oocytes are permanently stuck in until ovulation) the higher chance the chromosomes will stick together. This is also probably the cause of higher miscarriages, since trisomy 23 is probably the only viable trisomy.

So the risk increases, but that dosen't mean having a kid at 40 guarantees it'll be retarded. And having a kid too early presents it's own problems. You don't have a stable enough life yet.

So what's the middle ground? What's the perfect age to have a child?

Thanks. I already knew that. Read above.

i was born when my mom (and dad) were 42 and i've turned out just fine...perhaps

45 here. No indication that I'm abnormal barring intelligence which runs in the family

Even the fact that you're on Veeky Forums already means that you're not "fine".

>Even the fact that you're on Veeky Forums already means that you're not "fine".
can you read at all?

So? You're just one out of 98.75% (according to ) who do not have downs. That doesn't mean the 1.25% who do don't exist

Trisomy 23? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you have no idea what you're talking about, being that there is no such thing as trisomy 23, and trisomy 21 (which I assume you're trying to refer to) is not the only viable trisomy.

Yes, it is all propaganda.

Trust, am doc

I thought women couldn't even have kids at 40+ due to menopause ?

nigga menopause hits in the late 50s.

My mother was 42 when she birthed my brother, and he's turned out fine so far.

Single women are good for leftist politicians and good for fuckboys.

Odds of birth defects skyrocket after 35

Having a kid after 35 is roughly equivalent to having a kid with your cousin.

>Video brushes off the fact that the rate of birth defects DOUBLES
Think of how much time and money is already spent on treating people with birth defects ranging from autism and downs to congenital heart defects. Now double that. There's the problem with encouraging women to have kids later in life.

>child is gonna have downs
>abort
Problem solved

>it's now against the rules to post on a board unless you have a relevant major

That's not legal in a lot of places.

Born mostly fine when my mom was 38, but my little brother has actual Down's. It's a numbers game.

I just looked at their sources for the Data he cites saying the risk of birth defects increases from 0.5% to 1%.
So i googled for "mayo clinic april 2014" (popped up on screen when he said that). I couldn't find anything.
Then i googled "adam ruins everything sources" and i got pic related.
The thing is: when i open the link it says nowhere anything like what they're saying. It's only saying:

>Advancing maternal age. A woman's chances of giving birth to a child with Down syndrome increase with age because older eggs have a greater risk of improper chromosome division. A woman's risk of conceiving a child with Down syndrome increases after 35 years of age. However, most children with Down syndrome are born to women under age 35 because younger women have far more babies.

mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/down-syndrome/symptoms-causes/dxc-20337347

What he says is correct, writing 23 instead of 21 was probably a mindless mistake.

Keep thinking that. But we lurk in the shadows and await the proper moment to strike.

>tfw you'll have to provide for an old hag that doesn't love you because you missed out on love.
JUST

Yes. You're using your DNA to produce offspring. Your DNA degrades with time. Honestly, you shouldn't have children if you're over 30, optimal would be 16-25. Of Course, such things don't coincide with modern life, especially not individualism.

I think it takes a year and a half for a medical student to officially have authority over official medical statistics. Sorry.

just imagine: this vid could go to ~3 million views, like his other vids did. Let's say half of those views are from females (probably more), about 1.5 million. Let's say 1% of those chicks actually decides to have kids later in life due to this vid. So 15000 chicks will get children after 35. According to pic related at 35 there will then be ~40 cases of children with down syndrome and ~80 cases of children with a chromosomal abnormality

>COLLEGEHUMOR COULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR DOZENS OF FUCKING DOWNIES!!!
not even mentioning other complications and diseases...

No of course not, humans used to die at the age of 40. The only thing sustaining us past that is good diet, medical care to suppress death, and a will to live since times aren't ending everywhere. Bitches get ovulating at like 11, ffs just because society doesn't want to admit it, offspring is something the Young create. Not worn our vacuum tubes coated in a thick layer of dust and mold.

Or died in a war

Go back to /pol/

Liberal media is usually this autistic though. If you actually believe that having kids later in life is a good idea, go neck yourself.

Go back to ilovescience. Veeky Forums is a white board.

no its not, you fuck off poltard and admire your anti-intellectual republicans.

It's also not illegal to get punched in the stomach in those places

>collegehumor claims
You shouldn't post here or reproduce.

>saying the down syndrome rate doubles is misleading
uhhhh

Shit like this is why it doesn't seem that stupid that there might be a conspiracy out there that is trying to genocide whites by outbreeding them. Why the fuck would you make a video telling women it's okay to have children later. You know, maybe it is true that fertility actually only starts to decline at 38 or 40. But this doesn't change the fact that this video is trying to convince white women to not have children. Why the fuck are they doing this?

Occam's razor. What seems more likely, a global jewish cabal is plotting to destroy the white race by brainwashing white women specifically into not having kida, even though the video isn't directed to any particular race, OR, college aged liberals and feminists on the CollegeHumor payroll influence the show's direction and want to add their 2 cents on a matter that they find to be an extension of the patriarchy, people shaming women into having kids because that's supposedly the only thing they're good for.

jesus, it's scary to see how massively those rates go up year by year...

bbc.com/news/magazine-24128176

Why is this encouraged? Who in their right mind thinks it's a good idea to convince women to delay having children?

People who know that fertility rates for older women are way lower. Convince 100 women to give birth after 35 or so, 30-40% of these women will probably not be able to get pregnant at all, so less white babies. The numbers may vary, but the goal here is obvious. The later a woman decides to have babies, the smaller the chance is she will succeed.

Gnarly dude.

>implying medicine is not a science

nutrition, shamanic practices, and dance hold more in store for humanity then any science ever has sold

Very uncommon

Women mature mentally long before men. Their entire role is to be dependent on men and raise kids.

Men go to uni, graduate at 25 or so, get stable job, marry younger woman, have many kids. Everybody wins.

I see people giving their anecdotes so here's mine
My mom gave birth to my little sister at age 35 and that sister has genius tier IQ, got highest scores among us on all standardized tests, made the highest professional achievements of all of us, is fluent in several languages, etc.

More important are the mother's prenatal care, i.e. nutrition/diet of both the mother and fetus

It doesn't make any sense to avoid pregnancy out of fear or rush a pregnancy because you think you need to beat some arbitrary "timer"

Not exciting enough.

more like college jewmor

This Adam ruins "x" bullshit show is almost as bad as Jordan Klepper solves guns. There's nothing of substance in any of these.

this probably has a bias something to do with the sample size
how many 20 yo vs 49 yo people are having babies?
not a fair comparison

It's not. And the more they try to make so the worse it gets.

"Let food be your medicine."
"Disease starts in the guy."

Some smart guy said these things.

A large part of medicine is using empirical evidence to diagnose problems, and using previous empirical evidence to find the solution. The only time that the science becomes phoney is when alternative medicine proclaims their glory without any valid double-blind trials, as performed by all other valid forms of medicine.

Alternative medicine it's not medicine

Just freeze your eggs when you're young

This actually seems like a good rule

>being that there is no such thing as trisomy 23
you quite sure about that bud?

ANTI RACIST IS CODE FOR ANTI WHITE

i invite it, and assume anyone who doesnt doesnt have a degree.

>being wrong

Don't you think it would be a bit of a problem when 99% of the userbase disappears and there's only one post a week per thread?

No. No, I don't.

Quality > quantity, slowness is directly proportional to board quality

Yes, but you have to actually HAVE the degree. It doesn't count unless you already graduated from undergrad. No excuses, no exceptions.

That would be fine, as long as undergrads and below still get to read posts. Or even better, education level could be listed alongside posts like pol flags

Women should be sterilized at 35. End if story

>mother had me at 41
>born with klinefelter's
hmmmm

Yeah, desu he started out ok, just explaining the origins of common social practices and why they were bullshit, but now he's started to interpret things and its more and more veering down the route of delivering statistics which support a narrative.
Disclaimer: This was not a white genocide video, imo

Ha! You went through all that effort and people responded anyway! Fuck you!