SOLVE

SOLVE, NIGGAS

remember to show your work

20cm2, because moving the central point doesn't change the sum of opposites area

can you give me a proof as to why that is?

I thought homework threads weren't allowed??????

I've never learnt about this. How is the sum calculated? And in what situations is the applied to?

24 because total area will be an integer squared. 100cm^2. unlikely to be 81cm^2

This is false btw.

If the point is inside the square, it's true.
The proof is quite simple:
Take two opposites area with the point in the center, then move the point and check the area again, they are equal, which mean moving the point doesn't change the total area

Nice """proof""". """Good""" bait. Your (you).

>total area will be an integer squared
Uh... why?
It can just as well be a fraction squared.

Let's admit you're right, prove me i'm wrong.

OP HERE:
that's not how it works. You don't have to prove a contention wrong... the onus is on the claimant to do the proving.

Nevertheless, I'm not arguing your answer... I'm just looking for a more detailed proof as to why "moving the central point doesn't change the sum of opposites area". And "moving the point and checking the area again" isn't a proof, it's just brute force. I'm looking for some reasoning why it works.

Look out guys, looks like we got Tholians again...

It's either boring homework threads like this or pseudoscience /x/ threads. Can't have both

I don't get it.

That only holds if you're one translation away from the dot being in the centre.

Fuck, I finally solved it
If I don't have a numerical error, it indeed is 20

An easy way to know if the total area changed is to compute the added area and the substracted area when you move the point, these two are equal, which mean the area didn't changed

But why?

it's kinda long to type out but divide the square to 4 squares in the middle and form triangles with the edges currently there
form there on you can write some relations to help you calculate since neighboring triangles will have the same area

Yes, this is a brute force method though. I'm trying to find some reasoning or some method for solving this particular problem.

Will post tits for whomever answers or even attempts to answer

And yeah, this solution also proves the claim put forth here: the ones you add and take away from poosing pieces are always equal

Here

You can see that areas of blue and red triangles are equal (let's call is A1) for they have the same base and same height
The same holds true for green and yellow triangles (A2)

When you move the central point to where it is in OP picture, the bottomleft square grows exactly:
A1+A2
and the square to it's opposite shrinks exactly:
A1+A2

this will be true regardless of the position of the point

there you go

please dont delete the thread, im at work but i wanna save the emu picture above when i get home
also nice tits

you must be new. I don't have any control of that. no anons do. threads just get deleted automatically after a certain amount of time. if you want an image, just save it.

MODS

jesus, im talking about you personally deleting the thread - and yes if you are OP you can do that
Veeky Forums is a slow board i know it will be there when i get home otherwise

wtf, don't act like all fucking exasperated, you fucking faggot... you're the one who can't figure out a way to save an image. fucking email it to yourself if you're one a work computer, figure something out.

MOM... MOOOOM@! JIMMY'S SHOWING NAUGHTY PICTURES TO HIS FRIENDS.

nerd.

4 u 2

>being this retarded

pol is leaking

o rly?

what's wrong with his method?

Clearly a troll with the /pol invasion meme

it doesnt work with any side

Now this is indeed a proof. Not the "compute area the area and see that it holds" bullshit.