Math vs Physics

Which is harder and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Witten
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What do math majors even do besides teaching and "may I take your order please"ing?
I know it's a meme but I'm genuinely curious.

Physics is better it has more applications than pure math meme

math is probably the harder one for physics majors
physics is probably the harder one for math majors

>What do math majors even do besides teaching and "may I take your order please"ing?
two big ones are actuarial science and cryptography

Physics.

Making a contribution to math is difficult, but doable by a lot of people if they pick an obscure field; making a contribution in physics is damn near impossible, it's that hard.

Applied physics=engineering
Applied math=cryptography statistics

Plain math is dry on the other hand physics...

Physics is low level math that is used to model systems. You fags cant even model nonlinear waves with fractional order derivatives lmao.

There is a lot of accessible physics out there. Not everything is fucking String Theory.

You know that quotes fake right?

>he thinks quantum theory is harder than set theory

QFT is. Set theory is just esoteric.

Religion

>contributing to physics is impossible.
Have you tried? I'm an undergraduate and I'll be co-authoring a paper by the end of the summer. Not all physics research is game changing shit, just depends on the field.

>just esoteric
>ESOTERIC

Well, I know most people in physics and math knows naive set theory, but that isn't difficult and not really where the proper investigation is at.

Applied math=physics

Physics

Pure Meth is a meme

Math vs Physics? Why not all Sciences?

Be t. Edward Witten

B.A. in History and minor in linguistics
Drooped out Economics PhD in one semester.

At Princeton, Enrolled in Applied Mathematics
At Princeton, shifted to Physics, receiving a Physics PhD.

Awarded the Fields Medal, becoming the first physicist to win the Math prize.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Witten

And Edward Witten also got a permanent position at Princeton Institute for Advanced Study

I think it's kinda silly to say which is harder
Like what context do you mean by "harder"?
Usefulness? Ability to understand?

Cause I mean an entire branch of binary math was invented in like the 1400s and everyone thought it would be completely useless until computers came around

Pretty much anything involving finances or probability.

The real question is which will crack biology first... obvs physics. Look at the free energy principle. Best we have right now but im sure there will be better. Least action principle seems to be a theory of everything... the lagrangian.. the lagrangian (apocalypse now quote, fuck the polish)