Are "learning styles" real science or just excuses for being too lazy to learn certain things?

Are "learning styles" real science or just excuses for being too lazy to learn certain things?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/education/2017/mar/13/teachers-neuromyth-learning-styles-scientists-neuroscience-education
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0360131516302482
learningscientists.org/blog/2017/5/25-1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

OP confirmed stupid

I'm a physical learner. I literally cannot learn any math unless apples are involved and in the room.
I'm having a real hard time in pre-calc right now.

These learning styles on your image, which I think is what you are referring to, are wrong.

Not only are they wrong, they overlap each other and barely make sense as categories.

not op but how so

Solitary is not mutually exclusive with pretty much any of the other categories except for social, for example

Best way to learn is to do all the problems in your textbook, not just the ones assigned. Then try to recreate the chapter your just learned as if your writing your own text book.

>i can only use aural learning so i pay good money to talented hobos on the street to sing me songs about quantum theory

Complete and utter bullshit:
theguardian.com/education/2017/mar/13/teachers-neuromyth-learning-styles-scientists-neuroscience-education
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0360131516302482

> some kids never fucking stop talking so they are social learners

Complete bullshit.
learningscientists.org/blog/2017/5/25-1

doesn't that just mean you're retarded? Even cavemen require highly abstract reasoning to survive and prosper.

That just means you aint too smart

To put it in other words, u're dumb my man

There is so much overlap between each of the listed learning styles that the chart's merit flounders

From what I've heard (completely unscientific, I know) one's learning style is just a preference, and doesn't necessarily change how effectively you learn

A lot of it depends on subject and preference.

"Oh, so you prefer listening a professar than reading a book? This must totally be a neuromechanic! I'm calling people like you "aurals"
What? Lil'Le Jamal is bad at school but it's good at using crack and playing basketball? That must mean that his advanced intellect uses physical experiences to learn shit!"

Psychology, not even once.

Logic and systems, for instance, are used in all forms of learning, so it's silly to make them a separate category.

just excuses for being too lazy to learn certain things

dat mean u dum

>
>Complete and utter bullshit:
>proceeds to post the guardian
at least you posted the actual article

Wasn't this whole 'learning styles' fad debunked?

That's an arational hueristic. No it is not science, you could use the scientific method to do science to it but that is just blind empiricism.

I think they are real but are of little use. Like 80% of people are "visual" that relay in the others to a lesser extent, anyway.