Anons with concentration issues, what's a good book that's captivating and not too difficult...

anons with concentration issues, what's a good book that's captivating and not too difficult? my mind wanders whenever I try to read anything, I can concentrate for like 10 pages a day and then everything becomes shrouded, I keep reading the same lines for several minutes trying to figure out what it means. I used to read some very entry-level fantasybooks when I was a child but I can't read anymore. help?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Deep-Nutrition-Your-Genes-Traditional-ebook/dp/B01G1J7WEU/ref=dp_ob_title_bk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How about instead of asking such stupid fucking questions you get yourself some discipline?

Read better books.

How does one gets some discipline?

Ubik is short and not difficult. Each chapter is around 15 pages, so you should be fine with one chapter a day.

A big part of why I love reading is because my mind wanders. I'll stop reading and follow a train of though for quite some time.

If a book doesn't force you to stop and analyse something, then you're probably reading trash genre fiction.

>tfw Dosto, Gaddis, and Mann is genre fiction

racing/foggy thoughts, user? you're either mentally ill or you have a shit diet.
change your diet. stop consuming sugar and grain. after a few weeks, that brain fog will lift. do it. do it. level of focus, super high. do it.

Keep going until you pass the suffering stage.

Got any recommendations for meals or any online places with recipes and guides?

Asimov has some good simple scifi for teenagers that is interesting.

I feel like every single idiot on Veeky Forums should read this post

>tfw tried to read magic mountain and dropped it
It felt so pseud-ish

amazon.com/Deep-Nutrition-Your-Genes-Traditional-ebook/dp/B01G1J7WEU/ref=dp_ob_title_bk

Have you tried going to a camp for concentration OP?

wares and pace

proofs that sugar and grain contribute to concentration problems?

Which mental illnesses would be most likely?

It's got nothing to do with concentration issues and everything to do with you not liking to read. So you must find something you like to read. No, I cannot help you with that -- I do not know you well enough. Perhaps Borges, or Dune?

I say this as someone with literal ADHD.

Oh, or obviously. Tiredness too btw.

Try Invisible Cities.

Honestly OP, I just keep at it. I've noticed that if I read a lot over a span of a week, it becomes easier and easier, though I've also found that it's predicated on what I am actually reading.

Fiction tends to make my mind wander less than non-fiction, which should be obvious in that fiction usually distills interesting moments down, whereas non-fiction usually contains a lot of boring ass facts like having an even or odd number of hairs on your body.

Lol what is up with that image?

Underrated post.

Kafka is super easy to read and his stories are very short.

bump

TRY AGAIN.