-60000 USD a year

lol fuckin fa

Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Mathematics
Flipper at McDonald's
300k starting

aare you calling me a twink

Don't get excited user if that's you ur too ugly to be a twink

PhD, Mechanical Engineering
Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering (starting in September)
$103,000/yr (CAD) (starting in September)

B.Sc Biochemistry
Graduate student
$29K

BA Gender Studies
Patriarchy smasher
$300k a year

>not developing a virus to kill 60% of the population

Prospective BS in Mathematics and Prospective BS in Computer Science

Teaching Assistant

$8/hr

Post diplomas. There was a diploma thread made just to call you faggots out on bullshit. Diplomas, transcripts, licensing, something that proves you aren't completely full of shit.

B.Sc EECS
Software Engineer
167,000/yr
>inb4 much math/physics degree REEEEEEE

Here's mine. I'm going to be finally finishing off my bachelor's with what I hope to be a 3.7 next semester. Took me four long years to get the cash to pay out of pocket, taking classes part time here and there, while trying to make ends meet.
AS is accounting, Bachelor's will be in accounting.

Sufficient or nah? Not posting offer letter since there's basically no way to edit it that doesn't uniquely identify me. This pretty much already does.

Congrats on your acceptance user

you've completed your PhD this year and you're already an assistant professor?

It happens. Probably 10-15% of new hires at the Assistant level get in without a post-doc, at least in Canada. I was lucky enough to have a pretty good publication record during my PhD.

user how's the physics department there?

I don't know Physics department so well, aside from the pamphlet. Our friend and physics chair Art McDonald won the Nobel Prize in 2015 for his work at SNOLAB on neutrino oscillation. A number of physics faculty are FRSC members also. The most direct experience I have with Physics is the Engineering Physics program, which is jointly run between the Mechanical Engineering department and the Physics and Astronomy department. Those students are extremely strong, and I think the rate at which they are placed into graduate programs upon graduation is in the 70% range.

oh wow, a canadian.

why did you pick queens btw? what's the appeal in living in kingston?

No Degree (CC Student)
Planetary Science Researcher (Just went from intern to full time hire)
23 (Was in military, haven't been at CC for 5 years)
~60k/year

Industrial electrician

200k with overtime

I went there because, in my field, the top lab in the country is there.

Kingston is... fine. Its not great, its not bad. Housing is pretty competative, and lots of rich kids partying all the time (and the nightlife is 100% centred around Queen's undergrads in the worst sense). But its a quick and cheap trip to Toronto or Ottawa or Montreal for whatever culture you'd like to see (be that music festivals or museums or so on). Good restaurants, a few events a year worth seeing, very walkable. Kingston's fine, but that's about the best praise I can give it.

somewhat surprised that the lab isn't at toronto mcgill ubc or waterloo, but i guess anything's possible.

i'm at mcgill myself. doing a phd, but haven't earned it yet.

also i've identified you. why would you post that stuff online here? do you really need that validation from anons? also you're an assistant prof... you have a phd, you have money, you probably have friends... why are you still here?

Geology
None, just finished 2 weeks ago
None

Do you have any plans?
How did you like Geology?

It was groovy. I went back to school at 34 after many years in retail. Good to be finished with something I can do with the rest of my life.

I'm bored on a weeknight like everyone else here, I imagine?

And the risk is pretty low. If someone does identify me from what I've posted, there's no information I've shared that I'd find embarrassing if it came back around to my real life.

Also, just out of curiosity, was this identification via Twitter?

BA
Philosophy and Comparative Literature
Warehouseman

Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Server at Olive Garden
$2.13 an hour, plus tips

Bachelor's degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Finance from Cal Poly Pomona. Graduated last summer. I've been looking for a year and nobody has hired me. I've applied for 300 different positions so far. I'm currently working at Wal-Mart as a sales associate.

The fact that you post on Veeky Forums isn't embarrassing to you!?!

Still a student here, so I'm not at the point yet where I find out that my degree is worthless and no one will hire me.

What do you people after that realization? Do you just kill yourself? What else is there?

Degree: Undeclared
Job: Labourer
Income: 16 per hour

B.S. in Chemistry
Graduate Student (starting in September). Currently slumming in retail for $10/hr.
at least $30k stipend for the next 5-ish years

fuck dude at least you got a job. i took out student loans for non school reasons to survive and now being sued for 20k + 5 years in jail.

Ok why not.
Process engineer
$84k

I didn't get the $100k starting oil jobs everyone in Houston wants but I'm kind of relieved because so far specialty chemicals is a lot more interesting and I'm not getting worked to death.

Whoops

wow a piece of paper with old english font with your name on it

you must be so proud

like, in hundreds of years, that paper will be in a museum somewhere and people will look at it in awe

i mean, you aren't insignificant whatsoever. you are a very, very, VERY special snowflake!!

you keep spending all your team in getting those papers with your name on it, you must be making mommy and daddy so proud (^:

So what papers do you have?

what I thot

Degree
>Microbiology
Job
>Quality assurance (pharma)
Income
>$50k a year

How many scientific publications ya'll have?

>5

What are you including as a publication? If just journal articles, 11.

>cum laude
grats

>B.A. in Chemistry
>Navy Officer
>22
>$48,000 USD after tax

mcgill tosser who's also a dickbag, surprise surprise.

>23
>Making almost 200k a year
Where the fuck do you work and where did you go to school? Also would be nice to get advice on what you did to land that job since I'm a college freshman, but that's up to you desu.

>Working in Pharmacy
>Making 50k a year
That's actually pretty pathetic.

BSc in computer science
Security engineer and architect
198k USD annually (-40k Bay Area penalty)

BS Mathematics
Data Scientist
$160,000 USD

MS Physics
Flight attendant
$55k

It is not in some Asia regions.

>grats

It's from an american school...

Nice, where about?

Congrats user. What decisions led you to become a professor over working in industry? Do you want to focus on research, teaching or a little of both?

Perhaps you're the user I replied to in another thread. Are you the one that posted you work on cryptographic protocols and distributed systems?

Regardless, what steps did you take to get his job? What keywords should I search for to look for such jobs?

What skill sets do I need and do you have and good beginner books/blogs/tutorials?

I have a pure math degree. Interested in security. I'm currently studying CS.

About 5 or 6 people in my graduating class were also cum laude, one was magna cum laude, and one was summa cum laude out of about 80. You can say what you want about UH engineering but they really don't inflate grades.

So almost 10% of the graduating class are cum laude. What are the requeriments, >3.8 GPA? because that's easy as fuck.

I study finance. Am I allowed to visit /sci?

Master of Science in Financial Mathematics
Delivery driver for Bitesquad
$11-13/hr

bachelor's I'm mathematics, minor in electrical engineering.
2 jobs. engineering assistant at my local university. i design and build the prototypes for devices my PI claims 100% credit for. other job is a mathematics tutor. moving on to graduate school next year for PhD in applied math.
21 years old
engineering assistant pays 11USD per hour. tutoring pays 22USD per hour.

What do you want, cum laude for the top 1% and never give out magna or summa cum laude again? If you think it's easy as fuck to get a 3.8 then maybe your school is the one inflating grades.

Seems way too easy to me.

>$8/hr
it must suck to be poor
>$2.13/hr plus tips
this is actual slavery

>Veeky Forums is for science and mathematics related topics ONLY
>science and mathematics
This isn't science and/or mathematics

the fuck for?

BS in Biochemistry
Teaching assistant
$22k a year

feeling bad because you couldn't even get a paper? must suck to be a minimum wage cuck.

>Bsc in biochem
>unemployed
Fuck.

Bachelor of Economics and Mathematics
Actuary
156K annually

Sous Chef at Wendy's Hamburgers
PhD in Food Science from Harvard University
6.75/hr

Nah, with the tips it comes to be anywhere from 10/hr on average to 20+/hr on a good day.

Ditto, but minus 20k and at least I'll have an engineering degree

Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
City Engineer
$60,000/yr

15% raise when I get my PE license. If I don't kill myself before then, I'll be making 100k+ moving up to PW Director

BS Math
I've been looking for work for a year

>Flight attendant
>Spends their free time playing flight simulators
>one day
>both pilots are unconscious
>DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FLY
>safely lands plane and gets an honorary pilots license

my school broke it down like:
cum laude: top 25%
magna: top 10%
summa: top 5%

BSc Computer Science
Graduated yesterday. Thinking about Masters or looking for jobs.
$0

Degrees:
Bachelor in Law&Economics
Master in Economics

Job:
Promovendus in Economics at University

Income:
€40,000 per year

What kind of stuff do you do as a city engineer?

I think this is pretty standard, my school was 25% / 12% / 5%.

is probably still in high school.

BS in CS
Software engineer
$60k

Shit literally made LOL, +1 mate

Double BS in CS / Math
Software Engineer
125k usd base pay (yearly salary)

I design stormwater utilities and anything transportation/traffic related that isn't a highway(which is the state DOT's jurisdiction). On top of that, I review plans, calculations, and field work of every single engineering project that goes on in the city by private firms and make sure they adhere to city standards.

Municipalities like this are pretty slow, a lot of slogging through paperwork sometimes, but ultimately very stable. Compare that to working at a private engineering firm, where you're constantly incredibly busy but can be fired for the smallest little reason.

>2017
>still living in the southern hemisphere
when will brainlets learn?

>software """""engineer""""""
nice try raj

Whats the highest paying EE master? RFIC?

>projecting your insecurities

BSc and MS in Electrical Engineering from US
PhD student in Europe
$50k

Teach me

Why would you go into europe from US as a engineer?

You're making $50k as a Phd student? Wtf?

Holy fuck. Meanwhile

>double BS in Math/Physics
>graduate student in physics
>20h/week part time job as software dev
>$40k/year

Europe is shit for tech jobs.