Saints are literally a meme...

Saints are literally a meme. How do catholics adore and pray to saints when it's perfectly explicit throughout the whole bible that you MUST only pray to God and ONLY worship God?

>"Wow this particular facet of Christianity doesnt make much sense"

Dont post anymore until your 18th birthday

Protestantism is completely rational, but catholicism is not. And I didn't even say anything about the purgatory

Except both Orthodox and Coptics revere saints

>believing in a god of any kind is completely rational
>believing in an afterlife is completely rational
>believing that some random sandnigger 2000 years ago is the son of God is rational

Holy shit, please tell me this is bait

One thing is believing in God and the bible, but believing in God but not the bible makes no sense at all even in a religious perspective.

If that really wasn't bait, please leave and don't come back

>One thing is believing in God and the bible, but believing in God but not the bible makes no sense at all even in a religious perspective.
This is one of the most retarded posts I've ever seen, congrats

They say it's not worship. They have a special word for that. It think it's "veneration" or something similar.

Yeah, I heard that a few times. But I don't think kneeling and praying to them isn't worshiping

This isn't literature related

God seems perfectly willing to allow any madness that leads men back to him. And in fact the kingdom itself appears in a certain sense to be love in the guise of madness, because man is older than rationality, than all categories of rationality, and thus if man is to live eternally then the true forms in which he lives must be forms which predate every convention and construct and equally live eternally within them.

Kant already covered this, if you are too dull to understand then that's your problem.

Kant is a cuck and he was BTFO numerous times by Nietzsche

>Enter a discussion of Western culture
>It's a "Protestant doesn't understand nuance" episode

Nietzsche was an asthmatic little bitch whose philosophy is dependent on his specific set of historic conditions. Kant's views are more widely applicable over time and overall more ingeniously crafted.

As for praying to them, you don't pray to a saint for whatever it is that you wish for; you pray to them to "intercede" on your behalf to God. In other words, you ask them kindly to put in a good word for you with the Boss.

>you pray to them to "intercede" on your behalf to God.
>pray to them

Exactly

>double-think is nuance

kys you dumb heretic cuck

I want heretics to go and stay go

It's almost like those Churches existed before the vernacular translations you read because you're a monolingual pleb who thinks God spoke English.

You don't pray to them as to God. You just ask them nicely to pray on your behalf to the big guy. At least that's my understanding of the rationalization behind it. I'm not a Catholic though so I might be wrong.

>He definitely won't think I'm a retard if I start dropping 1984 references
Go back to writing Facebook comments

You don't get to decide what other people believe when they don't and then make fun of them for that thing that you say they believe but don't. Veneration is not the same thing as worship. There is no worship going on.

>Nietzsche was an asthmatic little bitch whose philosophy is dependent on his specific set of historic conditions
>historic conditions
I wonder why he called it a genealogy and not a history. It makes you think.

Praying to is in no way the same thing as worship towards.

Saints are people in heaven.
The church can state authoritatively whether someone is through their apostolic authority.
Saints aren't worshipped, they are respected and people ask the saints to pray for them.
It's called prayer as we only are able to ask them for prayer because of their unity with God.

>Praying to is in no way the same thing as worship towards.

Catholicism is a fucking mess of a religion.

See You sound like an American, born-again Christian

>I won't attack what he said, but how he said it
And you should go back to /pol/.

I'm not Western. If you're going to worship a jew on a stick and his whore mother at least do it properly.

Because how you said it shows a low degree of intelligence and critical thinking. This is reaffirmed by your inability to realize that different words mean different things. You are a moron.

>You don't pray to them as to God.
>Praying to is in no way the same thing as worship towards.

So it's okay for me to pray to my various constructed idols because "I don't pray to them as to God".

You suggest that praying to saints instead of God, even when the Bible says you should pray only to God, is nuance instead of residue from Hellenic paganism. It is believing two opposing statements a once. It is not nuance, so don't try to hide it as some sophisticated or subtle practice. It is retarded.

saints are a spook

>I asked my friend to intercede on my behalf with a member of the university faculty
>But my friend has no authority over me or any control in a university setting
>Universities are a mess
Repeat with any number of other examples.

>some people "have more authority" over heaven than others

>You suggest
First of all, I've never said this. All I've done in this thread is make fun of the frogposter. Second, instead of confirming your belief that Catholicism by picking apart the word choice of randos on the internet, try reading a fucking book or several.

>So it's okay for me to pray to my various constructed idols because "I don't pray to them as to God".

No, because they are obviously not part of Christianity. You can't be a Christian who works with other spiritual powers that are not aligned with God.

saints aren't idols, obviously

>try reading a fucking book or several
Okay, in the meantime you can start reading the fucking bible.

Yes, this is what Catholics believe.

And they claim to be monotheists. Fucking spineless rats.

>le I've read the Bible so now I understand completely how Christianity should be practiced meme
Do you think no Catholic has ever read the Bible? Do you think none of them have ever heard this argument from shitbrain Protestants a million times?

>it's perfectly explicit throughout the whole bible that you MUST only pray to God

Name one (1) place where this is perfectly explicit.

Jn 15:17). Those in heaven have a perfected love, so how could they not intercede for us?

I have friend.

Look at the quality of people processed by each denomination. A good catholic education covers the language of Latin, the origins of philosophy, and the rational explanation for a Christian diety. It's a good diet of mystical thought that can coexist with a process of inquiry.

Modern, nondenominational Protestantism is all about the emotional resonance of the Scriptures. It's about your suffering and pushing yourself to a 'spiritual' climax. Not to say there aren't fabulous theologians within Protestantism, but i don't see it reflected in their congregations the same way I've seen in it Catholic Churches.

There is nothing inconsistent in that claim. That's like saying you have since you have a manager at the place you work you also can't have a boss. The Pope has more spiritual authority than you, that doesn't he is a god.

>One thing is believing in God and the bible, but believing in God but not the bible makes no sense at all even in a religious perspective.
>the current level of Veeky Forums content

I've always wanted to slowly slide a banana in and out of Gillian Anderson's nasal orifice. In and out, in and out. God, I'm rock hard.

>It's about your suffering and pushing yourself to a 'spiritual' climax.
You can't take a branch of modern American protestant churches as any sort of authority over what all protestants are like.

Why go through a middle-man?
Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

The only thing/entity/being/etc that has spiritual authority is God though. Disputing this is polytheism and idolatry.

not really, no

Jeremiah was told to kneel and pray to Nebuchadnezzar, but God told him and his friends they should only kneel and pray to God himself.

Yep.

That's another problem, there's hundreds of you motherfuckers. I don't take much issue with High Protestantism but nondenominational Christian churches that recruit confused kids on college campuses are absolute plebs. Never seen a more self-involved form of worship.

The apostles had no spiritual authority? We had better ditch the New Testament.

That's about not confusing political rule with spiritual rule.

op pay attention
delete your thread retard

They don't and yes, throw the bible where it belongs and go pick up a proper religion.

You're asking Protestants to dig past the face value of an out of context quote. Slow down.

He is the only one with ultimate authority. Giving power to something else does not lessen His power, nor does it mean the power He has allotted to other beings or organisations leaves him. He still has the same amount of authority.

Your quote doesn't show that praying to saints is wrong. You aren't trying to show why we can pray directly to God, you are trying to show why we can't pray to saints.

>Christians try to defend their 2000 year old meme religions
It's like watching children argue over Pokemon

He has all the authority, obviously. Saying anyone or anything other than god has any sort of spiritual authority or power is polytheism and idolatry.

lmao OP finally gave up on his shitty argument.
Don't worry, you'll grow out of anti-Christianity someday.

I'm not from the West you stupid faggot. You fuckers always pull out the fedora argument when you've got nothing.

Job 5:1
"Call if you will, but who will answer you? To which of the holy ones will you turn?

>Saints are heavenly beings
>Saints have the power of divine intercession
>You can pray to them for their divine intercession
>You can pray to statues and paintings of them for their divine intercession
>No, because [idols] are obviously not part of Christianity.

>When you've got nothing
Read the thread lmao. YOU have nothing. You're just calling people names and repeating the same points that have already been destroyed.

cuck

checkmate

It's always the same bullshit. Christian apologists will lie, cheat and deceive all day to protect their religion.

You don't pray to saints, you ask saints to pray for you.

>Anything I'm too dumb to understand is lying or deception
There's that double-digit, non-Western IQ in action

YOU TURN TO GOD
DELETE THIS

They are just arguing against saints=memes. Which is a meme idea to begin with.

>if you don't agree with me I'm smarter than you

If you can't understand a basic argument, and I can, then that's evidence that I'm smarter than you. You're a frogposter, a low IQ shitskin and a heretic. Kill yourself.

>You're a frogposter, a low IQ shitskin and a heretic. Kill yourself.

That's Christians for you.

This one is about poverty, Job has nothing, nobody to turn to but God, he should know that.

>a mystery religion originating in antiquity doesn't make immediate and perfect """""rational""""" sense to moderns

wow big surprise, read more

I'm not a Christian

Why are you calling me a heretic then

It's just bantz

>This is your mind on religion.

so what book is this again