Is this book worth reading?

Is this book worth reading?

It all depends on whether you're going to enjoy it or not.

I like the comfyness of it. His pop references are pretty much always out of place, and sound forced as fuck. His sex scenes are also out of place, and most of the time they should not exist, and his magical realism sometimes may be too much. But overall it's pretty cozy and light, and by the end of it i was amused, so i didn't regret it. Not a great novel, but a good one, If you're able to look past the cons, then i think you could enjoy it, as i did

Thanks, I think ill read it. Is this his best book, or should I read a different one?

I like norwegian wood a lot, there his sex and pop references are better, and there's no magical realism (which, as a south american i love, but not his mr), i think you should read it instead of kots

i felt this way about wind-up, but there was a charming listlessness about it that just sold me.

>his magical realism sometimes may be too much.

Only thing I agree with. The magical realism feels incredibly out of place sometimes, but perhaps that's the point.

I think that's how all his books feel, but they're fun. Usually i read one when i don't feel like reading anything that may ask too much of me.

Maybe, but at some point it just sound like a teenager poet, trying too hard to make itself deep in places where a more direct approach would make the book flow a little better

This is spot on.

I thought A Wild Sheep Chase was fantastic, the rest of the rat trilogy not so much. Norwegian Wood is good too.

wind up bird, hard boiled wonderland, kafka on the shore, and sputnik sweetheart are his best works imo

yes

Did you read the book yet OP? I'm interested in hearing what you thought.

yes

I read it, liked it, finished it and then realized it was all shit.

Tell me more.

Yes.

Read A Wild Sheep Chase

It's kind of enjoyable but ultimately i found it very shallow. It's whimsical and quirky and unpredictable, but all of Murakami's gimmicks amount to little.

What are your thougts on Norwegian wood Veeky Forums?

to whichever one of you recommended me hardboiled wonderland and the end of the world:

fuck you, this book is terrible.

Sex flows a little more naturally, there's no magical realism, and the pop culture references are okay. Thb I love this book, the same way i love amelie poulain - it's pretty entry level, it doesn't try to reinvent the wheel, but it's good and will make you feel comfortable and cozy, with a little smile on your face while you read it, maybe not a smile since it's kinda sad, but still