Tfw your h-index is below average

>tfw your h-index is below average
>your citations per year are declining
>you are only able to publish in low impact factor journals

Failing post-doc here.

Should I just give up as a scientist?

Or should I continue to kid myself that there is hope for me at the end of the tunnel, and that one day some brilliant QT scientist will join our lab who publishes like crazy in Nature, APL and PR with me as the first author (because she doesn't like the attention), and eventually becomes my gf after she confesses that she used to be bullied in high school and was sexually harassed and almost raped by this Veeky Forums school teacher who never got caught, and that she is eternally grateful to have a kind-hearted person like me to listen and comfort her feels?

yea whatever you want my dude just believe in yourself :)

maybe if you stopped daydreaming about your waifu you would get more research done

just kys and start again

This.

/thread.

just b urself

I highly recommend this advice, Changed my life, it did!

HA
brainlet

Have tried getting your PhD from a better university? I graduated from Stanford and things are going swimmingly.

*Have you tried

>I graduated from Stanford

I highly doubt that because OP clearly said he is a post-doc

Yes, I presumed he got his doctorate from a worse university than me and was mocking him for it. Not very bright, are you?

this is why I decided to switch from biomedical sciences to medicine, way too much publishing pressure & lower pay for more effort compared to medicine

Man I'm struggling to get my masters thesis done thinking about the future...

I dont know if I'm even smart enough to go for a doctoral degree or if I'll be able to publish papers that are meaningful as a scientist...

Like I dont think I have the thinking capacity or mindset to be a scientist although I love the research I do...

I just need a lot of experience and time

>OP is a postdoc
>"have you tried getting your PhD somewhere else?"

reading comprehension of a brick lmao

>mocking him by pretending you graduated from Stanford and that your life is going well

>people actually fall for the academic jew
private industry master race

You are losing your passion

Find research for something you really like

Alernatively, high end science may just not be your cup of tea. The highest paying STEMs require you to abandon everything else, not worth it if you have a hobby or something else to do with your life

Just ensure you are heading otwards where you want to. If you tell me you don't know where you want to be, you may have a problem.

Also not getting a wife may be actually creating serious anxiety in you and making you unfocused for just about everything. If that's really the problem, perhaps you shoudl take a leave from work and start dating..

If you're not doing it for fun you're doing it wrong.

Even as a post doc you work with a professor, if everything you publish together is in low tier journals then it may be time to find a prof to collaborate with.

Just wife the qt so you can have perpetual job security at whatever institution wants her. No need to take credit for her work.

Also, you can always find a new PI. I'm in materials science, and it seems like we're always wanting for qualified, competent people.