/brainlet/ general

>spend 3 hours on a single question wondering why you can't get the correct answer
>realize you misplaced a sign

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencemag.org/news/2017/05/what-s-trump-s-2018-budget-request-science
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Every fucking time

This hits right in the feels

>spend 3 hours wondering why the answer in the back doesn't match what you got
>you were looking at the wrong exercise
>you weren't even looking at a book
>you were just imagining doing exercises in a book while shitposting on Veeky Forums as your GPA plummets

>you were just imagining doing exercises in a book while shitposting on Veeky Forums as your GPA plummets

>tfw I understand concepts
>but I have ADHD so I fuck up simple algebra

kill me

>sub-130 IQ

>when you try to do problems from a book but they turn out to be too hard
>swap to easier textbook
>questions still too hard

When does the suffering end?

>spend 3 hours on a single question wondering why you can't get the correct answer
>realize the textbook has a typo

>tfw 131 IQ
Too intelligent for normies, not intelligent enough for academia.

>spend more time on Veeky Forums than doing math or science

Tfw didn't realize your image had clear elements in it, and spent 2 min wondering how you got it to display the background at an exact scale.

>Tfw didn't realize your image had clear elements in it, and spent 2 min wondering how you got it to display the background at an exact scale.
wat

Oh my effing goodness I did it again immediately after posting. The posts shifted place then I took another look at your pic and I was like hmmm. Only for like 10 seconds, but Kill me now.

>tfw 140 IQ but in the 10th percentile for work ethic

Kill me.

Don't you guys have like a retard support group that you can move this general to? Maybe /r9k/ or some other website.

True patrician problems.

Phoneposters everyone

>multiple choice exam
>your answer matches none of the values
>you're tempted to go with the closest number but as the years go by you also realize that being a total brainlet you probably have a significantly better chance of getting the answer right by purely guessing instead

>it takes me 8 hours to do what I could do in 2 because I am busy posting on Veeky Forums

>when your answer doesnt match the book
>the book is actually wrong

It must suck to be a brainlet

this is probably the worst imo

nothing beats a typo in an introductory textbook, although they definitely make you stronger in the long-run

I think the average IQ of a PhD is like 125. Thats average, so half are less than that.

I mean, I think academia is really failing. So maybe they need higher standards, but 131 is above average right now.

>asked to prove something
>spend a while thinking about the problem
>have an epiphany, everything seems to fall into place
>realise from what you understand the claim shouldn't be true

>forget definition
>look up definition
>forget what word in definition's definition is
>look up definition
>look up definition
>look up definition

Everyone laugh at the faggot

Possible answers:

A) 23.2x
B) 23.3x
C) 23.1x
D) 2.32x

>have great job
>realize I really love science
>quit job and start masters program, hoping to get into PhD program
>talk to PhD students
>realize they are all overachieving rich kids who have been padding their resumes since age 9
>realize I have royally fucked my career because i will never be able to compete with these fuckers

Feels bad man... really, really bad...

bro you should try nicotine, or a choline stack

and up your plant fibre intake, you got serious brainfog (i shouldn't need to tell you this but if you get sub 6hrs sleep that's also why)

never gonna make it but if you want inspo follow jovany agathe on facebook

But he is kind of right if you don't have your PhD before turning 30 you are just doing it for the fun of it unless you already have several articles already published.

i didn't really mean anything mean by it, but if you don't see a future in the research group's application/technique your PHD isn't going to let you do anything more than tread water anyways

on the plus side the trump admin will continue the downward trend for basic science, so the future for those PHD students so getting relevant post-doc is even more competitive

if you haven't cherry picked something a thesis where you'll be mastering very relevant lab techs, or useful information for future research then ( )

>on the plus side the trump admin will continue the downward trend for basic science
>he fell for this meme
i thought people on Veeky Forums were intelligent?

it fell under Obama it'll fall under Trump it'll keep falling under any administration because of lobby pressure

so many pieces of shit lurking on sci who don't even open a major journal a week let alone have a background in sci...

sciencemag.org/news/2017/05/what-s-trump-s-2018-budget-request-science

plus trump is an incoherent idiot - he isn't making the budget policies it's the old republican guard

>mfw get angry when a fictional character is smarter than me

>be 20 years old
>studying mechanical engineering in university
>have no interest in this shit whatsoever
>have no interest in anything other than lifting, eating, anime, and videogames
>just scraping by, by BS'ing my way through everything
>I have barely learned shit; I cant explain anything, I cant answer when asked about subjects I already passed the class in, I forget everything the moment after taking a test about it, I don't learn any conceptual aspects of subjects - just how to do the problems
>have 2 midterms this week for statics class and intro to C++ class
>no motivation whatsoever
>every time I force myself to study or put in tons of hours into my classes, I remember how much I fucking hate all of this

Should I just kill myself lads? What do I do if I want to do nothing other than sit inside and fuck around all day, every day? A lack of motivation wont get me through life when I have to force myself to do this shit because "itll all be worth it in the end"

That probably includes liberal arts phds. I have an iq of 120 and felt like a brainlet compared to my friends who went to grad school, and I graduated with 3.9 gpa

Can IQ be increased with time and effort, or are you stuck with it for the rest of your life?

Why are you even studying mechanical engineering then bro? When I started college I felt the same way, except I was doing biology my first year and absolutely hated it, I thought I was just bad at school or would never amount to much. Then I found my passion and switched to electrical engineering just because I thought it was super cool, now I'm top in my class, professor asked me to be a tutor for the department and I love school. It sounds like you don't like mechanical engineering if you have to force yourself to do stuff like you say, go try something else. Even if sci memes on anything that isn't science you can find a good paying job in any field if you like it and you apply yourself.

Am I a brainlet?

I spent the last six months trying to cut this board's traffic by 50% with an organized /pol/ shitposting campaign, and I think I've actually increased the traffic here, albeit mostly from /pol/.

It's harder to break a board than you think.

I tortured /ic/ half to death with shitposting back when it had no mods. Almost brought traffic to a standstill. But everyone came back like a week after I was banned. It was pretty much all for nothing.

I'm in academia with sub-100 IQ.