Is this proof humans are brainlets?

What is so bad about gmo's
Muh Altered genes cause cancer and autism yet everything we eat is the result of altered genes?whats so bad about humans making changes

Other urls found in this thread:

gmo.geneticliteracyproject.org/FAQ/do-gmos-encourage-monoculture-cropping-and-reduce-biodiversity/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diethylstilbestrol
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There is nothing bad in GMOs. Ffs even my science teacher in high school agrees

GMOs are usually banned because of economical reasons, not "hurr they're bad"

cross pollination, dominating and destroying local farmers, etc etc

Unironically the jews. You can't be sure what is put in your food and with that jews will destroy the thing that stops them from having a pedophile, devil worshiping civilization. I'm absolutely sure you won't believe that as it is a harsh truth but that is their end game

nobody every claimed all GMOs are bad senpai thats retarded . you can make bad GMOs but thats why there's regulations in nearly every country on the GMO cultivation and importation .

Well one thing are GMOs in general. I think people distrust them so much because sometimes they add genes to resist a certain pesticide, so they can spray it on the crops without them dying meaning that you end up eating insecticide with your produce. Resistance to glyphosate and the surfactants used with it is one example. So comparing GMOs to something as innocent as cross breeding corn to make it sweeter is a false equivalence.

Biotech major here, I'll try my best to explain (keep in mind that I'm no authority but have read a lot about this)

There are two types of GMO skeptics. The first are the anti-vax mouth breathers who think we're putting cyanide in corn and growing arms on tomatoes. They shouldn't be taken seriously.

However, there are some (including many scientists) who don't think GMOs are bad overall, but think we should have regulations in place and be cautious.

Specifically I believe are valid concerns over hidden food additives, monocultures, invasive species, DRM on life, patenting genes that were created purely by nature, and relinquishing control of the food supply to a monopoly.

>inb4 regular seeds have this too!!!
True, but GMOs are really accelerating these trends. Also just because it's already beginning to happen doesn't mean it should

HOLY SHIT YOU FUCKIN RETARD STAY IN YOUR CONTAINMENT BOARD REEEEEEEEEEEER

It's not the gmos themselves, but the practices surrounding their use that you should be wary of.

>le ebil natsies
Do tell me more! Tell me how everything is not politicized and that being the biggest obstacle in any scientific progress. I guess it is a coincidence how most left wing open the border type of jews are extremely right wing and would kill any refugee themselvse for their beloved Israel. But of course everything is 0 and 1 and there is nothing read behind the lines

With regulations all the negatives like pesticide use could be controlled while GMOs could still be used but no it is scientifically proven to cause autism

Should I really trust scientists not to put more carcinogens in my food, even unintentionally?

Shill thread spotted.

Jews don't have a "hell" in their religion. They have a place where their sou's sins are washed away like some cosmic washing machine. After that, they go to their version of "heaven". This means it is okay to do any kind of evil they want to do on Earth without any afterlife repercussions at all.

Biodiversity loss in crops and in general do to incentivized monocultures and industrialized agriculture.
See the butterfly on the label?
That's what is important
All the "GMO causes cancer" bullshit is hyped by the corporate media to distract from the real ethical problems and to get people to consent to hurting themselves.
Then you see disinformation like this
Biodiversity loss in crops and in general do to incentivized monocultures and industrialized agriculture.
That's what is important
All the "GMO causes cancer" bullshit is hyped by the corporate media to distract from the real ethical problems and to get people to consent to hurting themselves.
That's what is important
That's what is important
gmo.geneticliteracyproject.org/FAQ/do-gmos-encourage-monoculture-cropping-and-reduce-biodiversity/
GMO or not grocery stores as we know them are malignant sinks disconnecting "humans" from the living world around us. It doesn't have to be that way.

Not sure how that happened

GMO is nothing to be afraid of. I'm working for Monsanto and am proud of it

>Tobacco is nothing to be afraid of. I'm working for Philip Morris and I'm proud of it.

>agent orange isn't anything to be afraid of, I'm working for the corporate state and proud of it
While there is nothing inherently wrong with GM it is applied with only one ethical consideration, profit. The results are ecological (and "economic"(for the workers)) catastrophe

What are you talking about? If no one says GMOs are bad, then why is their a non GMO project?

You're an idiot who has no idea of the difference between GMO and trangenic orgaism. It's not the same

What? It's the same thing!

implying you cant increase biodiversity with genetic modifications...

>'trangenic orgaism'

also, explain to me exactly how a transgenic apple would not be considered a GMO if they are fundamentally different.

>implying the exact opposite isnt what is actually happening

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diethylstilbestrol
tldr:
drug used to help pregnant women with nausea later discovered to cause cancer on the offspring, problems even continue on the offspring of the offspring. People who mistake absence of evidence to evidence of absence(gmo brainlets follow the same logic) were feeding this drug to their wifes, patients in between 1940 to 1971.

Gene duplication event. But don't worry, nature did it not humans so it's okay.

Agrosci fag reporting.

Bad: Corporate sponsored monopolies (ask pol for rundown), damage to non target organisms (killing good bugs), leads to monoculture and therefore more pathogen problems

Good: More nutrient dense foods (this doesnt work if ur soil is shit tho cuz plants are not magic), potential reduction in sprays (this has actually been opposite tho due to round up ready), improvement in plant growth/energetics

IMO we should be improving plant performance with microbiology. You can get better plants by improving their symbionts without ever altering their genetics. Much easier and cheaper and fewer risks. Some problems will always require genetic eng tho.

Why is it that people always bring up Monsanto?

They aren't the only company that works with GMOs so why are they always the focus of these discussions?

Same reason AGW deniers always bring up Al Gore.

>working for Satan
how do you sleep at night

>microbiology
I think you meant to say agroecology. Too bad nanny states don't subside that.

Which is why both europe and the us subsidize massive farms.

Alynsky tactics. They just made them into the bogey man to fight.

Good job ignoring /pol/ shilling. Just make sure to also report their posts.