IQ: 100
Science ranking: 3
GDP: 5
>3: Sweden
Autism rate: 72 per 10,000
IQ: 99
Science ranking: 18
GDP: 22
Note: Under-representation in science due to lack of funding.
>4: Denmark
Autism rate: 68 per 10,000
IQ: 98
Science ranking: 24
GDP: 37
>5: United States
Autism rate: 66 per 10,000
Science ranking: 1
GDP: 1
>6: Canada
Autism rate: 64.9 per 10,000
IQ: 99
Science ranking: 7
GDP: 10
>7: Australia
Autism rate: 45 per 10,000
Science ranking: 11
GDP: 13
>8: Brazil
Autism rate: 27.2 per 10,000
IQ: 87
Science ranking: 15
Note: I suspect the ASDs are largely low-functioning.
GDP: 9
Note: Over-representation in science due to wealth of funding.
>9: China
Autism rate: 16.9 per 10,000
IQ: 105/100
Science ranking: 2
GDP: 2
Note: ASDs are underdiagnosed.
>10: Portugal
Autism rate: 16.7 per 10,000
IQ: 95
Science ranking: 31
GDP: 47
>11: Iceland
Autism rate: 13.2 per 10,000
IQ: 101
Science ranking: 73
GDP: 110
Note: Under-representation in science due to severe lack of funding.
>Sources: pastebin.com/raw/LNqCWgHG

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26456415
webmd.com/brain/autism/news/20110502/brain-size-of-children-yields-clues-to-autism#1
quora.com/Autistic-people-of-Quora-what-is-something-youve-experienced-that-youre-sure-a-neurotypical-person-has-never-experienced
commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Asperger_vs_normal_brain.jpg
lrdc.pitt.edu/schneiderlab/content/60-minutes-20120716.asp
telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/11973110/Scientists-and-mathematicians-test-higher-on-autism-spectrum-says-Cambridge-University.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism-spectrum_quotient
psychology-tools.com/autism-spectrum-quotient/
microbialinfluence.com/ASD.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26456415

Study: Head circumference and brain size in autism spectrum disorder
>Abstract
Macrocephaly and brain overgrowth have been associated with autism spectrum disorder. Head circumference was significantly larger in autistic compared to control individuals, with
autistic individuals displaying macrocephaly.
>
Brain overgrowth was recorded in autistic patients. We found a significant interaction between age and total brain volume, resulting in larger head circumference and brain size during early childhood.
>
Our results provide conclusive effect sizes and prevalence rates for macrocephaly and brain overgrowth in autism, confirm the variation of abnormal brain growth with age

webmd.com/brain/autism/news/20110502/brain-size-of-children-yields-clues-to-autism#1

Brain Size of Children Yields Clues to Autism

Study Shows Kids With Autism Have Faster Brain Growth Around Age 1
>
Children with autism tend to have larger brains than children without autism. Larger brains are the result of accelerated brain growth.
>
The brains of the 2-year-olds with autism were up to 10% larger than the other 2-year-olds.

Witten must have some top tier HFASD.

Study

Asperger Brain is 10x better than Neurotypical to Process Visual Information which is related to Aptitude in Math & Science.

Autistic poor Social Skills are caused by a 10x worse Brain Areas which process Social Information.

Neurotypical Brain is less active on overall but 10x more powerful Brain Areas which process Social Information, which make them better in Social Skills than Autistics.

However, on the other hand, Neurotypicals have 10x worse Visual Information Processing, which makes Neurotypicals perform 10x worse in Math & Science.

Preference among Autistics for Visually Stimulating hobbies, such as Japanese Comics & fiction genres which stimulate Imagination such as Sci-Fi or Fantasy can be explained through our findings.

Sources:
>quora.com/Autistic-people-of-Quora-what-is-something-youve-experienced-that-youre-sure-a-neurotypical-person-has-never-experienced
>commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Asperger_vs_normal_brain.jpg
>lrdc.pitt.edu/schneiderlab/content/60-minutes-20120716.asp

>Witten must have some top tier HFASD.

Yeah. Surely.

I'd rather be able to process visual information more
efficiently, wouldn't you?

Based Witten, master of the forehead.

does being from many generations of engineers and scientists increase your chance of autism

Study from Cambridge University:

New research which tested nearly 500,000 people for autism traits and compared it to their jobs found those in involved in STEM professions (science, technology, engineering or mathematics) have more autistic traits.

The University of Cambridge has developed a way of measuring these, using a questionnaire called the Autism Spectrum Quotient, or AQ which comprises 50 questions, each one representing one autistic trait.
They found that people working in a STEM-related job had an average AQ score of 21.9 compared to a score of 18.9 for individuals working in non-STEM jobs. Previously Cambridge University has suggested that Albert Einstein and Isaac Newton were both autistic.

The study also backed up previous findings showing that men are more likely to be higher on the autism spectrum than women.
Professor Simon Baron-Cohen at the Autism Research Centre at the University of Cambridge said:
“Previous studies have found the number of autistic traits a person has is influenced by both genetic factors and prenatal testosterone levels.

“These may shed light on why we find males in the population on average have slightly more autistic traits than females do, and why fathers and grandfathers of children with autism are over-represented in STEM fields.”

>Source
telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/11973110/Scientists-and-mathematicians-test-higher-on-autism-spectrum-says-Cambridge-University.html

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism-spectrum_quotient

The Online Cambridge AQ (Autism Quotient) test can be taken at the link
psychology-tools.com/autism-spectrum-quotient/

it doesn't increase it, but success in those professions is correlated with autistic traits, which are at least partially heritable

I knew it wasn't just a cliché.

I took the test; see the result in the picture.
No surprise though, I was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome on my eighteenth birthday.

This.

There is no such thing as autism.

Is that a good or a bad thing?

Uh oh

>heritable

>35 out of 50
Oh shit Veeky Forums was right I have autism

>Your score was 26 out of a possible 50.
>Scores in the 26-32 range indicate some Autistic traits (Aspergers Syndrome).

>borderline autistic

About what I expected

That's not what it means. Autistic traits is not the same as actually having autism.
You could score 50 on that test and still be neurotypical.

Yes, because autism doesn't exist. It's just an outlier personality phenotype.

That too.

microbialinfluence.com/ASD.html

I'll post this every day till you like it.

Wtf, I always thought I might be autistic, so I reminded myself not to over-exaggerate my autism, and I still turned out autistic.
Although some of the questions I had to guess since I was never even in the situation (playing pretend or chatting on a phone or looking at people's faces when talking)