Names 1 (one) good thing psychology has produced

Names 1 (one) good thing psychology has produced.

Other urls found in this thread:

nature.com/news/over-half-of-psychology-studies-fail-reproducibility-test-1.18248
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ego_depletion#Reproducibility_controversy_and_conflicting_meta_analyses
twitter.com/AnonBabble

IQ tests

IQ

autismbux

Let dumb people feel smart.

So it means that psychology principally produced bad things. What are you positions about it ?

m8, huristics and biases research is pretty based, and can go a long way towards disabusing us of some of our arrogance.

Unless you think psychology means "clinical psychologists", then I don't know.

I'm not particularly against the practice itself as much as the state of it which seems to be a collection of unreproducible results and piggybacking behind "schools of thought" rather than substantial results.

Yeah clinical psychology is what I actually had in mind.

>Yeah clinical psychology is what I actually had in mind.
produced happier people

But they're not really happy. They only think they are.

>But they're not really happy. They only think they are.
What's the difference?

/thread

IQ, MBTI & AQ (Autism Quotient) tests

One doesn't need constant psychiatric help.

Most people stop going to psychologists after a while (as far as I know)

The AP test is really easy.

>a collection of unreproducible results
can you give a few examples of unreproducible results?

>piggybacking behind "schools of thought"
we dont know the physical fundamentals of psychology like we do chemistry so how else are we supposed to analyze behavior or treat people
CBT and EMDR

>can you give a few examples of unreproducible results?
Pick a random psychology study, it more than likely fails.

>Over half of psychology studies fail reproducibility test
nature.com/news/over-half-of-psychology-studies-fail-reproducibility-test-1.18248

Also one big recent unreproducible result was ego depletion:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ego_depletion#Reproducibility_controversy_and_conflicting_meta_analyses

>The studies they took on ranged from whether expressing insecurities perpetuates them to differences in how children and adults respond to fear stimuli, to effective ways to teach arithmetic.

Psychological phenomenon are not concrete and do not follow a rigorous order that is always transferable from person to person.

It's like doing a study on if something tastes good or not, except for the most fundamental things like sugar and salt, you wont always be able to reproduce a study with a different selection of people, and taste changes over time, so you could test the same people years later and get different results.

So what do? Its just the nature of the beast.