Once got a reply from a faggot who said Mathematica does not work with Cellular Automatons in it's core functions

once got a reply from a faggot who said Mathematica does not work with Cellular Automatons in it's core functions.

look on how it generates random numbers and then reply again you godforsaken imbecile.

Wolfram will be one of the most important persons of our generation regarding computational science and math.

it's sad most people have not even the slightest idea what they're actually have in front of them.

also Cellular Automata Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

fourmilab.ch/hotbits/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

someone post rule34

>generates random numbers
I believe you mean pseudorandom.

your thread has no topic, just a bitter defensive rant
which is retarded in an anonymous board
post something interesting or fuck off

Nice reddit spacing faggot.
How about you go back there.

you have obviously no idea what you're talking about. explain yourself if you're correcting someone who spend more than 30 years researching it.

I am so kind and post you this page out of his book, if you still believe you're reply is appropiate you are an idiot

>explain yourself if you're correcting someone who spend more than 30 years researching it.
Prove it, I doubt you're even 30 years old.

the topic is randomness in nature and how Cellular Automata is the mechanic behind it.

>I'm too stupid to read so I just judge you by the appearance of your typesetting
bravo

I'm not wolfram you idiot, but I did read his book, which I doubt you did before spurting bullshit.

>I'm not wolfram you idiot, but I did read his book, which I doubt you did before spurting bullshit.
Then why isn't the claim that it generates random numbers on the page you poster? The word 'number' isn't even on the page after a quick glance

what the fuck is reddit spacing
stop posting that in every thread you fucking mongoloid

still no contribution to the topic, post SOMETHING if you want people to discuss

you can't generate random numbers with a computer, brainlet

maybe read the book? I'm not here to explain, I'm here to communicate.

>maybe read the book? I'm not here to explain, I'm here to communicate.
Feel free how to communicate the method by which cellular automata produce random numbers.

>still no contribution to the topic, post SOMETHING if you want people to discuss
SOMETHING

>you can't generate random numbers with a computer
you can't generate random numbers, period.

Again I'm not here to explain, if you don't have the base knowledge to discuss, why in intrinsic random number generation by CAs might be the randomness nature displays to us, it's not worth talking with you.

>Again I'm not here to explain, if you don't have the base knowledge to discuss, why in intrinsic random number generation by CAs might be the randomness nature displays to us, it's not worth talking with you.
Didn't you read the book? It sounds like you didn't retain much

read the book. I won't explain it to you, I'm not your teacher and in no way obligated to.

just leave this thread if you feel you have nothing to contribute, bye.

>just leave this thread if you feel you have nothing to contribute, bye.
Is all you have to contribute claims you can't back up?

>you can't generate random numbers, period.
why the fuck do you reply to me angrily only to agree with me
idiot

I don't claim anything, it is the research and claims from Stephen Wolfram I am discussing here. I'm merely repeating what he's postulating

Reddit spacing refers to having a full blank line of space inbetween paragraphs, I presume because you need to do that in reddit unless you want a unspaced wall of text.

For example:
>"Reddit" spacing
Idea idea idea idea

Blah blah blah

>"normal" spacing

Idea idea idea
Blah blah blah

you said literally nothing tho, and you're not discussing shit. you just said
>hurr it generates random numbers
and you have no idea what it means

didn't you stop for a second and think that maybe

just maybe

spacing lines like that serves to communicate intent and add expression?
and people didn't copy it from your site for retards?

why don't you just fuck off back there

>I don't claim anything
Then what did you mean by
>look on how it generates random numbers

perfect randomness would never give life to organized systems, there is always causality involved, even if it's highly complex.

I don't however agree that because of that, it should be defined as PSEUDOrandomness, because it's not right.

"pseudorandomness" is natures true randomness, and we are part of it, so if we are think an even more random randomness exists, we are simply mistaken.

randomness can arise from non-random input. current belief is that you need random input to have random output.

I've never seen anyone produce actual proof that Mathematica uses cellular automata in any way.

this looks like a silly rant on nature for no reason. randomness means the uniform distribution. try to prove that you can grab a skewed distribution and generate uniform without knowing where the skew is

fourmilab.ch/hotbits/

It’s easy enough to get true random numbers from radioactive decay. See above.

>radioactive decay generates a uniform distribution
unless you have a citation or a proof (hint: there isn't one) then no one gives a shit on what particular gimmick you use for your PRNG

>proof
Mathfag detected. Learn2physics.

let me speak your language then
>DIS NO RANDUM, U NO KNO DK RDNUM

>Mathfag detected. Learn2physics.
so it is pseudorandom

Go back plebbit you cancerous piece of shit.

>grab a skewed distribution and generate uniform
ok
>grab a skewed distribution
>select one number
>use that number as an index in a PRNG table
Why do random numbers need to be so complicated to you?
Cryptographically random numbers are a whole different subject, and if this is what you meant, you need to quantify that shit at the start of the thread instead of starting a retarded shitflinging fest.

If it takes 5 mins for 5 machines to make 5 objects.
How much time would it take 100 machines to make 100 objects?

>too stupid to collaborate on contemporary math or physics

>pretends he's so much of a fucking genius that he's changing EVERYTHING

>I'M SO FUCKING ABOVE YOU ALL GUYS

Retard.

If you complicate things, it might look random, for example, overly chaotic systems might seem random, all tho they are still deterministic.

Isn't Wolfram it's own coding language nowadays?

Studying Ind. E and despite being taught how to use mathematica and matlab I still have no idea in what context I'd ever need to use either program.

well plotting or not?

>look on how it generates random numbers
...You do realize there are thousands of quality PRNGS and how Mathematica does it is just because Wolfram is obsessed with CAs right? CA is not the most efficient way to do it. The fact that Mathematica uses it anyway is a testament to Wolfram's big ego.

>Wolfram will be one of the most important persons of our generation regarding computational science and math.
In your dreams, you slobbering groupie.

you don't know what you're saying at all

one of my professors talked about Wolfram's tour when he first released Mathematica and a whole buncha professors from the Maths department complained that when calculating the value of pi the seven hundredth decimal value was incorrect

>it's all a lie

I'm pretty sure someone who has studied this subject for no more than a year would know what a PRNG is and that Mathematica uses a PRNG.

>See, Mathematica uses CA as an inefficient CA because Wolfram wanted to. This proves CA is totally important and Wolfram is a genius!
>This thread is for the discussion of CA! No I won't discuss CA, read Wolfram's book!
>You can create a random distribution from a deterministic one! >CA underlies all randomness in nature even though I have no reason or evidence to believe this!

Another epic thread from Veeky Forums's resident delusional CAfag. Well done.

Heard Wolfram give a talk where he said they used Rule 30 for a while but now they don't because they found a more efficient way of doing RNG.

Anyway ONE application of CAs that also has a billion different alternatives does not prove they are in any way meaningfully useful.

I'm not that guy but that sort of spacing has been common on Veeky Forums for years. Good use of whitespace in particular is a trait among pure mathfags who spend a disproportionate amount of time masturbating over LaTeX.

That isn't to say that reddit isn't a shithole, only that you're a brainlet for using appropriate whitespace use as an argument in a math thread.