What has been your biggest Eureka moment?

What has been your biggest Eureka moment?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J_3OA_VZVkY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That determinant of a transformation describes how many times larger is the area of the transformed shape.

When I realized that I was lied to my entire childhood and that I wasn't special, never will be, I'll never be rich and successful and that I'll go to school, work for a degree and then underachieve for the rest of my life while barely scraping by financially and that corrupt politicians will continue to fuck over the entire world for no reason but greed while regular people get screwed on things like healthcare and other stuff, and that that's how life goes until you die or kill yourself.

I had this "eureka moment" in my very early 20s.

The fact that I don't know shit about the universe and won't live long enough for humans to truly understand it.

Realizing that the spiral is the driving force of our current universe.

Figuring out how to batch dl and sort by artist name on gelbooru

>won't live long enough for humans to truly understand it

You don't know that. Technology growth is exponential

The black pills no good

The clitoris is the key to stimulating orgasm.

Einstein once declared that his second greatest idea after the theory of relativity was to add an egg while cooking soup in order to produce a soft-boiled egg without having an extra pot to wash.

G spot is more intense.

It's the same organ

youtube.com/watch?v=J_3OA_VZVkY

God is a sham created by smart fuckers who used an omnicent being to keep people alive and in order.

I had this idea when I was twelve; you need to self evaluate if this is your greatest.

Probably the realization that Jews really are in charge and really are trying to wipe out whites through mass third-world immigration, and that most aren't even consciously aware of what they're doing. Kevin Macdonald's "The Culture of Critique" was a mindblower.

When I realized that happiness is a social construct propagated by poets, musicians and, more recently, Hollywood.

When I was like 17 I was sitting in German class and playing with ratios of successive pairs of terms of the fibonacci seqeunce. They seemed to be going somewhere, oh that number I had in my book...

the golden...

....!

I saved that scrap of paper for several years. I was really, really impressed with myself, especially since no one had taught it to me.

Not that guy but it's true. And that is the most important realization.

It trumps large orders of the other stuff. It can even be successfully argued that the rest is academic in the sense that it succumbs to the /delusion of productive adulthood/. This is where you, as an adult animal, falsely "move past" such basic truths, to go Muh Reproduction, Muh Society.

In actual fact, the edgy teenagers were most right about reality all along-though they themselves are not yet equipped to understand the truth of it. and I know this, for I am past thirty.

States are obliged to guard against nihilism, for example.

When I realized pretty much all of human life revolves around how you utilize money. How a human carries on about himself is directly related to how much money he/she possesses. Basically the more money you have, the better looking your mate will be and children will be, along with their better access to food and shelter.

You could substitute charisma, smarts, height or any number of other endowments besides money and end up with a similar observation, so it doesn't seem that robust.

I had this eureka moment my senior year of high school. Everyone else seemed to be excited about following their dreams and going to college and succeeding, but I just couldn't shake the feeling that none of it matters and that we're all gonna get fucked regardless.

>Then Sigmund Freud, the Number One enemy of the clitoris
This shit is hysterical, no pun intended.

I believe money would also correlate to all those attributes. More money = nicer, bigger house, more access to higher nutrient food = higher quality of life, more charisma, taller, etc. Not to say that only wealthy people are smart, attractive and happy, but that there are more smart attractive happy people due to wealth than there are medium-poor people. Of course, there are lots of depressed, unhealthy rich people too, but more of the former IMO.

Stop repeating the same thoughts over and over again, it doesn't get you anywhere. It is best to use that brain capacity for something more productive than stating what I already know.

Good second place: Everyone "lives" in their own version of their """truth""". Don't bother chatting around with them, because non-openminded people cannot be reasoned with.

>What has been your biggest Eureka moment?
the only proper one i will always remember is sitting in the library for hours trying to understand the multiindices formula of the multidimensional taylor series. i sat there for hours and couldnt figure out how the formula was supposed to be understood.

then i cycled home and like 300 meters from home i suddenly realized how to understand it.

that was awesome. thank you subconciousness

heh

My guy

>People I don't agree with just can't be reasoned with, so I won't even try. They're just not "open-minded" enough.

It peaked recently

He's right though. With the rise of the internet anyone can comment about anything. There are plenty of stupid people out there who are mentally incapable of understanding the actual issues driving a debate. They just resort to their tribalistic instinct to "pick a side", and will stick with it as long as they can. These people cannot be convinced with logic and reason.

So you guys are brainlets who went to shit schools and lack ambition, am I right?

one morning i woke up after a good night's sleep, and realized how the binomial coefficient formula worked.

i was 25 yrs old.

yes, im a brainlet, but at least i know how m choose n works

Back when I realized that all art is just a capture of human thought and apart from technical aspects its quality is largely determined by how well it is captured, i.e. how honest the artist was. In the same train of thought I realized that being honest is not just a matter of openness or even some ethical bullshit, it's a legitimate skill, it is difficult as fuck. Once you go beyond your inhibitions, it becomes a matter of how aware you are of yourself how well you can wrap your state of mind into whatever medium you are aiming for.

events are triggered by other events in the past. in order to change the event, every past event in the chain has to be changed. this chain either goes back to the start of the universe or continues eternally.
so basically determinism.

you're not a brainlet, you just have low self-esteem and a tendency for procrastination

half of all learning is dealing with the frustration of not knowing and avoiding procrastination, while at the same time preventing wheel spinning.

About a year after inorganic chem, I realized how ICE tables worked.

kek, the only moments that truly exist are the ones occurring right now. All of time is fleeting, there is no past, there is no future, only right now.

I bet it stinks down there.

goddamn, I need to see inspirobot

But then you've got soup all over your egg.
Einstein was shit at cooking eggs confirmed

Probably that /pol/ is correct about many things, and that their discoveries are what you get when people are completely free to speak their mind and share ideas.

Everything science-related pales in comparison to this one surreal eureka moment.

Not sure if the latex is correct, but when I was about 15 I worked out that
[math]\sum_{k=1}^{n}k=\frac{n(n+1)}{2}[/math]
and proved it by induction. Not the most impressive, but I was pleased with myself since I hadn't learnt it yet.

When I realized that doing a PhD was actually a waste of time better suited for trained monkeys, and that the extra degree can actually be a detriment when looking for work.

Unfortunately I realized this far too late. Don't make the same mistake, kids.

Gets cleaned during washing the pot.

That I can sandwich my fleshlight in between a pillow folded in half and fuck that rather than using my hands, feels so much better.

When I left this thread.

field?

/pol/ hasn't had one original thought.

When I realized how important induction actually is.
The first time I saw it, it just looked obvious and unnecessary. Then sometime in early highschool, when I was playing around with sums and factorials, it clicked.

>early highschool

we got a smarty pants over here.

When I understood that the Unabomber was right about everything (except his m.o.).

God Exists. with a possibility of 100%

them what you call regular people deserve death for adultery my friend. okay. get that in your head.

this

realized a good way to remember proofs in a way that helps me understand is to ask "why" something is true.

>smarty pants
more like faggot with rich parents who shove tutors

When my understanding of thermodynamics, evolutionary biology, psychology and pragmatist epistemology came together in one fell swoop, with a mathematical model by Kolchinsky-Wolpert acting as the cherry on the top of the cake.

demonstratably false

Demonstrate.

when I finally took the redpill and acknowledged all the holes in the round earth theory

I was doing late course Dynamics problems on a white board with friends. I was struggling with the problems, but as soon as I started doing it on a white board, I started getting answers right. We went through the whole book over the week (getting ready for cumulative final) and I finally started to get it. I still got a B in the course, but I got a 98 on the final.