Ambition

Where do you high intelligent guys get your ambition and motivation from?

I am not genius, but definitely above average.
So I could definitely be not a complete unsuccessful person.
But, I really dont have the drive to become an engineer and get a career.
I think that it is way too stressful. Studying all day and afterwards working all day.
The 9-5 is already to much for me. If you include the preparation ( eating etc...), then there really isn't too much leisure time left and it is quite stressful too.

Why do I just want to live a more minimalistic lifestyle with a lot of free time, healthy lifestyle so I can pursue my hobbies or even just smoke a joint and watch a movie?

Is it brainletsyndrom that I have no ambitions?

Maybe don't force yourself to do the things you don't want.

You could be depressed, but the answer is that people with career ambitions were brainwashed/conditioned into them. Their lives are certainly pointless and nothing they do matters, but society and their parents tricked them from a young age into believing otherwise. So they develop dreams like "I want to be an engineer!" that seem alien and strange to a person like you because being an engineer or whatever else is ultimately meaningless and even sounds pretty fucking awful. It doesn't matter and everyone dies as nobody after the cosmic blink that is their life, so just do whatever feels right to you and ignore social pressure to be "successful." With very few exceptions, successful people are just obedient.

when i feel the inertia sets in, and i'm loosing my momentum, i just sit down and get my bong. nothing makes me more energized and focused on my goals than a few hits of a nice thick skunk

I remember when I was sixteen.

You butthurt morons all reply from the same list of canned phrases, it's pretty amazing.

this is the reason why I have that urge to be ambitious. I have no probleme with people loving their work but it seems like if you are not part of their way of living you get ostracised.
And I cant deny my desire to be part of a society.

word

This is literally babby's first existential crisis, any adult of a reasonable standard of intelligence arrived to this conclusion around age 15 or 16, reconciled this realisation with the things in their life they cared about, and moved on. You are not unique or intelligent for coming to this realisation, you are just an average angsty teenager.

>tfw already midtwenties but still in that first existential crisis

I guess I really am a brainlet

Do you really think you fool anyone with this repetitive nonsense? How many times have you made this exact post?

If you are not religious then you will not be motivated. Your brain is hard wired for spirituality.

You need to believe you will roast for eternity just to get out of fucking bed in the morning.

Sad but true.

Because I find academic research much more interesting than writing software for ungrateful clients who can't respond to my emails but still complain that it doesn't do what they wanted.

>The 9-5 is already to much for me.
It's 9-5 for everyone, whether you scoop shit or build rockets.

>you include the preparation ( eating etc...),
I've optimized my eating pattern. Just buy rice + frozen veggies + some meat. Takes like 40 minutes to prepare, eat and clean up.
I also only eat 1 meal a day, just some fruit and nuts during noon.

>the answer is that people with career ambitions were brainwashed/conditioned into them.
That's a nice fantasy you're telling yourself right there.

>you are not religious then you will not be motivated. Your brain is hard wired for spirituality.
religion =/= spirituality

I may be a nihilist, but I'm also spiritual. The universe is a fucking magical place if you look carefully enough. That's enough to motivate me to keep looking carefully at it.

>when i feel the inertia sets in
>and i'm loosing my momentum
Not really compatible statements but ok

>people with career ambitions were brainwashed/conditioned into them

Who exactly do you think I'm trying to fool, and to what ends? I'm just making fun of you for being a whiny nerd

that's some deep nihilism my man. damn

>If you are not religious then you will not be motivated.
Proof?

How do people manage to convince themselves of this type of arbitrary bullshit?

What he meant by "inertia" was a feeling of heaviness and difficulty moving easily or freely. To feel covered in rust or leaden would be a good way to explain it. Things seem like they take so much more effort to set into motion and if you stop for too long you'll get stuck that way or so it feels.

When he is worried about losing his momentum he means that he is a rolling rock that does not want to gather moss, and so must keep rolling ever onwards, except for the moments when a rainstorm (a bong is a water-pipe) washes the lichens away and lubricates things so that it can begin rolling again any way it pleases.

I want to make money to buy animu and vidya

f

are you retarded? Just kidding! I know you are because you smoke cannabis.

Pursue your hobbies user. Do what you want to do, not what you think makes you worthwhile. Your ambitions and goals will often develop around what you enjoy

Natural psychedelics, sex, love, meditation, reading, music, raw vegan diet(more energy) and exercise.

You likely gave up thousand year old traditions to "get ahead" and "save a buck". People with jobs are the fucking worst at critical thinking in my experience.

You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think.

I have come satisfactory conclusion that once you cover your basic human needs by a wide margin you basically fall into a spiral of unnecesary complexity.

As cheesy as it might sound i'd like to think that my research could benefit society, even if its a little bit. Otherwise i am content knowing that im getting paid to study interesting problems.

Also find something you like, "become an engineer" sounds like you don't know shit about what you are talking about, a engineer specialized in WHAT?.

I just enjoy learning. That's my source of motivation.

Alright OP, here is a bit of a red pill.

The truth is, everyone wants what you call a "minimalistic lifestyle". The difference is that their "hobbies" are their "ambitious interests" that they want to pursue (i.e. math).

>a lot of free time
free time for what?
>healthy lifestyle to smoke a joint
no
>pursue my hobbies
for most motivated people, learning and researching IS their hobby

Go to trade school, make bank, work less, make a decent living, and spend free time on your hobbies.

I feel the same as a lot of the nihilists ITT. Being a slave to the dollar is a shit way to live, your job title is ultimately meaningless, and the most valuable commodity in the universe is time. I also, however, have realized the futility in trying to resist the system society has built for me. I became an industrial electrician for a large company. I work 12 hour days, 3 days a week, and have 4 off. Every, single, week. I made $80k last year. This is the best possible option I have found to allow me to pursue my interests, like math and physics. Sure I could make more money as an engineer, or pursue a career in scientific research, but then I would be forced into the dreadful 9-5 work schedule. Working the majority of my days makes me want to blow my brains out, even if it's something I genuinely enjoy. The lack of freedom, and consumption of my time, is what bothers me. Im not motivated by money or prestige, Im just looking for as much time to experience life as possible before I fade into the void.

tfw moderately successful but still in that phase

>intelligent guys get your ambition
there seems to be a negative correlation
between intelligence and ambition, user

I have an attitude where I hate laziness. I used to be a lazy ass fat kid, but was traumatized by that experience.

Being lazy is something to be ashamed of. Wasting time is shameful as well.

In my mind, building my skills makes me a more valuable person and is something to feel good about. Nothing is more important.

>tfw have found so much meaning in life no longer can experience happiness and every moment I'm not working towards something of value is absolute pain

>life is pointless if not just for happiness, but hedonism is unsustainable, therefore every moment must be spent maximixing future happiness
>since seizing said happiness would be moments spent not working towards more maximizing it, no time can ever be spent actually enjoying said happiness, just building a higher potential
>moral restraints keep this potential existing, but prevent it from being accessed
>tfw life pain

WHY GOD Y U DO DIS

>ambition
>Veeky Forums
pick one and only one