What's the point of this book?

What's the point of this book?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pj1kCuop-Vk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The existence of the speech from self to self is the sign of a cut . . .The circle turns in order to annul the cut, and therefore, by the same token, unwittingly signifies it. The snake bites its tail, from which above all it does not follow that it finally rejoins itself without harm in this successful auto-fellatio of which we have been speaking all along, in truth.

i love knee chi

Well I guess it's good that you actually know how to pronounce the man's name

discover the...

*wait for it*

T R V T h
R
V
T
h

time is a cooked omelette

Was Nietzsche really that smart? Were his books really that good? Was he really
A D E S T I N Y
D
E
S
T
I
Y?

>ywn mansplain this qt

Can you give me sauce on who she is? I've seen her posted a lot, but somehow I've missed the story behind those pictures.

Also: WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ROAD SIGNALS CAPTCHAS?

She was a protester at the women's march against Trump. She gets into an argument with an infowars reporter who also loses his temper and has a bit of a tantrum. At one point she says "Read Knee-Chee, then you'll know what the truth is!" or something like that. /pol/ doxxed her I think

Knee-chee is an acceptable pronunciation.

Even when men could not be rivaled by women in society, some still became angsty neets all throughout their life, hated women, hated society, hated other people for trying.

Any pronunciation would be acceptable in her pretty mouth.

is it though?

if we were to disregard four out of its nine letters whilst adding an extra one, then yes, knee-chee is indeed an acceptable pronunciation.

I wasn't at the woman's march and I have read "knee chee" what did I miss Veeky Forums

Yes.

Anglicizing foreign names is normal in English. It's most common with Greek and Latin (Hercules, Cicero, etc.) names but occurs with other languages as well.

Here ya go user

youtube.com/watch?v=pj1kCuop-Vk

skip to about 3:30

Can you post the video you're talking about? I'm having troubles finding it.

>that reporter

Literally the personification of intellectual dishonesty.

that's not really anglicization, since English has a vowel much closer to the German one, that used in -chuh. i could very well be incorrect with this, but my impression is that the knee-chee pronunciation arose as a result of americans never discussing philosophers in their daily lives, attempting to pronounce it from writing, and fucking it up massively.

also, these days, since most dictionary services adhere to a descripitivst rather than prescriptivist ethos, their inclusion of certain spellings and pronunciations does not in of itself discount their having faulty origins.

time is a sugar cookie

It is an Anglicization because a pronounced "e" at the end of a word is normally given its long sound of "ee." This comes from the English pronunciation of Latin, e.g. "tu quoque" = "too/tyoo kwoh-kwee"

>also, these days, since most dictionary services adhere to a descripitivst rather than prescriptivist ethos, their inclusion of certain spellings and pronunciations does not in of itself discount their having faulty origins.

This is irrelevant as their are all kinds of words which you would never pronounce "correctly" because of how strange you would sound. E.g., "rationale" should be "ra-shuh-nay-lee" since it is derived from Latin. You'll find this pronunciation in dictionaries from a century ago or so.

yes, but what you're describing is mispronunciation, not anglicization. anglicization is the process of adapting foreign words into english by altering their phonology/spelling to better suit our own. in this example, it would be our changing the spelling of Nietzche to Kneechee or Kneechuh. it does not work in the reverse.

the reality of english orthography is that the etymology of a word must be known as it changes how its writing should be translated into speech, similar to how the etymology changes the pluralisation of nouns (e.g. one samurai, two samurai). these traits are a pain in the arse, causing much irregularity, but it's also how things are. personally, i'm a big fan of another round of spelling reform.

Is there anything wrong with wanting to live in a homogenous society?

It doesn't matter how much of a qt she is. If this bitch can't say nietzsche then she shouldn't be alive

His name is pronounced Knee-chuh in German which is the only thing that matters.

Notice that anyone who actually said Don Quick-Soh-tee would be laughed at.

Simplistic quotas have designed such tangential hubristic cloaks to prey upon the millennial youth who see emasculating their ever towing luggage of a sense of knowledge in a sense of reading lacking material and not holding in the vigil of a man

He loved ecchi and was a homo

I know something else that would be acceptable in this pretty mouth, if you catch my drift.

>Anglicizing foreign names is normal in English.

Don't anglicize me, lad. The only people I've heard pronounce it 'Knee-chee' are Americans.