Stirner thread

Is there actually anyone who is unironically an egoist?
and how do you become an egoist without going to jail for doing stuff that the "state" don't want you to do?

>and how do you become an egoist without going to jail for doing stuff that the "state" don't want you to do?

You don't get caught

is not getting caught really that easy?

As an egoist you're not a blind fanatic. Doing something that will get you arrested goes against your self interest.
Think ahead and act accordingly.

>self interest

Seems pretty spooky

Just don't feel like it desu

It's about memes jack, you must possess the memes and not the other way around.

someones losing sleep in the meme factory. memes cant save you now spooker

>jail

stay spooked

t. didn't actually read Ego and Its Own and only regurgitates memes without understanding them

r u retard

I told my Christian pastor friend to read Max Stirner and 3 hours later he says this.

Cont.

Stirner obviously accounts to that kind of rich guy as officially spooky

What?

Sort of the Professor from the Moon is a Harsh Mistress.

>If I find a law tolerable, I tolerate it, and if I find it intolerable, I break it.

Egoists evaluate each situation individually; if the risk of getting fucked is high, ie not paying taxes at all, they are likely to do what's best for themselves overall even if it means acquiescing. But this isn't meant to imply some type of sacred regard for the concept of law itself.

The egoist pays taxes because the IRS will break his kneecaps if he doesn't, not because he has some higher regard for the conceptual principles behind taxation and governance.

I wonder what his response will be?

Where is the line between egoism and hedonism?
Doesn't it basically come down to doing what pleases oneself the most in both cases?

But what if getting caught is part of my plan?

too much pleasure can destroy your ego just as it can inflate it

Hedonism I think implies shorter term thinking for pleasure. Egoism is about maximizing pleasure over lifetime, whereas Hedonism is simply making yourself as happy as possible in the moment.

>Egoism is about maximizing pleasure over lifetime

Only if you choose to do that. There is no ought in egoism

Is that really true? To my understanding there is no reason that hedonism cannot have a longer timeframe or that egoism cannot have a shorter timeframe.

Would it not be hedonistic to invest money for the sake of being able to spend money later?