Bookshelf thread

post 'em faggots

Just did some comfy reorganization. Finally have some more space to spare.

and all together..

+ the meme shelf

>shelfposting

go to /soc/ or something faggot

I hate being poor

why do people push back their books like that? it looks fucking retarded

Get it over w & kys faggot

>fiction

It's like, you enjoy being a faggot or something.

gonna need you to go back to r/books

Where'd you get your hard copy of Legacy of Totalitarianism in a Tundra? Lulu?

Is that green book the spanish constitution?

Doesn't all that empty space behind your books make you anxious?

Something could be hiding behind them...

SPIDERS

>Empty space behind books.
>Need the space to lay extra books flat when the shelf is crowded.

Why do you have like 6 copies of the Divine Comedy

>he doesn't know dante-user

Which version is your favourite?

>tfw overflowing bookshelf

There's a whole second set of books behind all these. You won't see everything anyway so I'm just sharing my classics section.

1/2

2/2

>flight of lucifer
Did you discern any talent?

Why call me a faggot? See now i ain't gonna post it, user.

Just finished If on a Winter's Night a Traveler; where to go next with Calvino?

what are those chingchongs?

How's your journey in Zettel's Traum going?

you have the best shelves desu

ITT: Pseudo-intellectuals who don't actually read

You're all worthless cancer, you fucks! You slime.

Are the Wordsworth Classics any good? I was thinking of buying a bunch of them because they're so cheap, but i don't know about the quality

Cosmicomics is good if you haven't read that yet.

/thread

>liking calvino
Tastelet pleb

You are all a bunch of faggots.

No it's like having magic soda cans that can refill themselves.

yea

autism

check the chart

i love papa bloom, but unfortunately no lol. it was quite mediocre, veering on bad.

it's tough cause if on a winter's night is his best. just get invisible cities out of the way and decide if you want to keep going with calvino i guess.

complete works of jin yong

slow and intermittent. but it's fun.

t-thx

calvino is pretty good desu

oh i forgot to say i really like your shelves. have you read the nadas/any thoughts?

What do you think of this one?

Do you live in an attic?

Nice lamp btw.

Please tell me that Romeo and Juliet is pulled out slightly in this picture. The difference in logo size and unalligent with the rest of that set is triggering me.

Is that the Barnes and Noble Edition? Or some other discount edition? It's almost certainly Longfellow, though it could be Cary in some rare cases.

I think it's just misaligned desu.

Is that a bust of Pericles?

they're not good deus avoid

Get used Penguin and Oxford instead user. And hopefully you won't be called out on not having read them because of the wear when in reality you really haven't read them

After working at a library I second this sentiment.
>tfw small children have an autistic compulsion to push all the books of a row to the back

>Is that the Barnes and Noble Edition
Yeah it is

Ask me about my shelf

Very clean and focused collection

What's behind the curtain?

glass.
jizzbottles.

not even joking

>Join Navy.
>Move out of parents' house.
>Move all the way across the country.
>Get set up in barracks.
This is all of the shelf space I have. I literally do not have the room to set up another bookshelf in this tiny room that I have to share with another motherfucker. So many books I had to leave behind. I question myself everyday on whether or not I made the right choice in what books I brought from home.

>Monster Musume
>Madoka

Is your drill sargeant aware of your great taste?

Seriously though, you are an idiot for bringing that to the Navy.

lol

Yikes. Post pics.

>Navy
>Drill Sergeant
Drill sergeants are instructors at Army boot camp. I am neither Army, nor in boot camp. I am a full fledged sailor. No one gives a fuck about what I have in my room, as long as it isn't illegal.

It's the Longfellow.

hey, can we be friends by any chance?

>only reading books once
>not being able to spell "shelf"
>homophobia

they are just towels desoo, I keep all my clothes in drawers

also this:

absolutely agreed

the memory of my dad making me reorganize the library and having to aligne all the books neatly in a predefined amount of time still haunts me

m-maybe...

kek

the fuck?

that's a nicer navy desk/room than any i've ever seen wtf

You don't? Pleb.

Do you need a drink? Why is it so blurry?

What is the red hc next to contracts thircd edition?

What are the little red and green hcs?

Did you like code? I have it and read it a really long time ago. You were probably in grade school. I remember liking it.

Every fucking time

Thats a lot of different Divine Comedy editions. Whats the best translation?

He already answered that you illiterate fuck.

Sorry I didnt read the thread :(

I hope you learned your lesson

I couldn't get past the first book of wheel of time. Bought the second at the same time because i had heard good things. Oh well.

you dont like literature very much do you

ill bet $10 ij/ulysses are unread

>Joseph and His Brothers

Cum on your xenomorph and post pics pls

damn, why is that "city of god" so huge?

Because in that edition the spiritual world had to yield to the secular world's imperative for bloat.

How do you vacuum the dust behind the books?

Nice clusterfuck

it's also just a long book desu

>shakesmeme and jin thewuxiamadman yong volumes split between shelves vertically, instead of a more linear arrangement, such as forming a horizontal row across two shelves of their respective bookcases.
>titles from a single author have wildly different formats, editions, binding, etc; implying limitations on distributions available to purchase, resulting in an discordantly inorganic outgrowth of books, which follow an illogical, unaesthetic rhythm.
>even the bookcases aren't uniform, implying further constraints on budget and range of purchasing choices.
>if these relative harmony of these book editions were a symphony, it would be a disaster.

dude you have some of the best shelves on Veeky Forums but these factors always get me.

>A Man, A Can, A Plan

lol, my mom got me this at goodwill when I went to college. not a good cookbook.

It's less of a constraint and budget and more of a
1. I like browsing bookshops and picking up books that I come across that are on my to-read list, so you take what comes up.
2. I don't buy all the books of an author at once, it's usually one at a time and only if I like the author/want to read more do I go out looking for more.

I've never really felt the need to pay attentino to the shelves themselves. -shrug-

it still bothers you though, and im sure if you had $6000 to spare, with a curator to help save your time ordering and arranging, youd reboot your library to make it more uniform.

it's not really a hypothetical, i do have $6k to spare and i'm not doing that desu

murkamai desu

you can display fun trinkets in front of your books if you push them back. they also feel less like they are going to fall out

what if you push them back a little and make the spines aligned at the same time

then you can achieve both

depends on the depth of shelves then. Mine aren't really deep enough to have trinkets and aligned spines.

a small amount is fine but people whose shelves are overwhelmed with trinkets are subhuman

Why do so many of you have physical books? Are you old? Stupid?