Public Ridicule

Some school chums harassed me mercilessly this afternoon when I refuted their claim that Tennyson was a great poet.
I told them Byron was top tier but they assailed me and called him a heretic and a poet for the uneducated.
Hurt my feelings tbqh.
Have any of you ever been publicly ridiculed for your opinions on literature?

I was bullied out of my school's Classical Anthropology Society for defending Socrates' heterosexuality.

Go to bed Dedalus

shit,
I would've missed the reference if you werent here
>thanks based attentive man

Ripping work old boy!
I was curious how long it would take.
Was a tad simple though in retrospect.

lol tundish am i smart yet?

shit book

Personally no real ridicule although my gf is especially annoyed that I refuse to even entertain the idea of reading her Harry Potter books.

Reddit line spacing.
Reeeeeeeeeeeeee

Serves you right for having a girlfriend.

>Socrates'
>heterosexuality

pick one

Stop the bully

>I refuted their claim that Tennyson was a great poet
Please share this "refutation".

>having gf who reads harry potter
>having a gf in general

You're not living an authentic life.

I debated against Junger's theory of nobility in war and then all the lads starting calling me Thersites and laughing at me.

We went for a cheeky nando's last night and they told the waitress I was called Thersite's and one of the lads starting hitting me with a stick he found outside.

I read this as
>Home school chums harassed me

I used to get sexually bullied by my home school teacher

Holy shit I had to refrain from laughing in public

>Cranly, now grave again, slowed his pace and said:

>—Alone, quite alone. You have no fear of that. And you know what that word means? Not only to be separate from all others but to have not even one friend.

>—I will take the risk, said Stephen.

>—And not to have any one person, Cranly said, who would be more than a friend, more even than the noblest and truest friend a man ever had.

>His words seemed to have struck some deep chord in his own nature. Had he spoken of himself, of himself as he was or wished to be? Stephen watched his face for some moments in silence. A cold sadness was there. He had spoken of himself, of his own loneliness which he feared.

>—Of whom are you speaking? Stephen asked at length.

>Cranly did not answer.

Why was Stephen so autistic? Was he /ourguy/?

it's a meme stupid. don't take it seriously

underrated

i was just hoping for someone to meme a refutation

Just reading the book, was christian upbringing really that fucked up in catholic countries?
I thought catholic guilt was just a saying but after the 20 pages of exquisite describing of the torment of hell seems a bit much. I thought it was all jesus & pizza with the catholics

t. unbaptized heretic in lutheran country

I was quite moved by that part. Was Cranly a bit gay for Stephen though?

I think it's one of the most moving sections in the book and would have been a perfect ending, although the diary shit that comes after is still really good.

I always interpreted it as platonic, I reckon he realised that Stephen was an interesting guy to hang around and probably hoped to be his friend for a long time. Then again maybe he was super fucking gay, that bit about being 'more than a friend' is a bit suspicious.

I was once tied over a pommel horse, and had to endure the entire basketball, football, and weightlifting teams,as well as the glee club raping me because I said that bukowski was an inferior, though provocative poet.