Organic chemistry is the master race STEM subject

Despite their false veneer of modesty, mathematicians believe that their subject is the most important, most beautiful, most influential and most pure.

But while they're jerking off over hundred digit prime numbers or whatever boring imaginary shit they manage to think up, organic chemists discover the beautiful and complex structure of compounds in real world and of living beings. Mathematicians will never understand the awe and fascination chemists experience when seeing the complexity and raw beauty of the real world.

Don't you feel bored and sick when you look at your mathematical papers and feel wonderment and awe when you see organic structures and mechanisms? Havent' you wondered how much better your life would be if you studied organic chemistry? How can mathematicians even covfefe?

Fuck organic chemistry

t. Chemical engineer who made the mistake of taking organic mechanisms and espectrometry.

Applied physics are the master race STEM.
So mainly thermodynamics, electricity and materials.

>post alkaloids
>not top tier terpenoid master race
Green rush baby.
Biochem technician 100k starting bitch

As someone in applied physics, I agree

>Casual engineer lacking brain power
How very predictable

What are my fellow organic chemist working on? Im currently doing a project on glycol donors in hydrogen flouride.

More than brain power is interest. I personally find advanced organic boring. But you know, whatever tickles your fancy.

But what I said about applied phisics is objectively true. Thankfully you go over all of those in Chem Eng.

Dat macrocycle

The equations and logic that I prove form the required chemical formulas for the lubricant you must use to finger your asshole while you convince yourself that your field is "pure".

I find pure methematics to be the most enjoyable. In terms of jobs prospects I'd fall for computer science meme, it's quite boring to be software engineer though

But can you do organic photochemistry reaction mechanisms?

Regioselective Synthesis of 2-Vinylanilines

>tfw you learn even LESS math than engineers and physics majors
how does it feel to not know what a double integral even is?

With msc or bsc?

i bought a terpenoid chemistry book and im lovin it

shoot those cyclization cascades over me daddy

What's it like?

That sounds master race compared to most math lol

its awesome, very thorough and fascinating. plants are master chemists

>terpenoids

im trying to get into medschool
i just started learning chemistry, i really love it. any tips?

>tfw pharmacy undergraduate looking to get master's and phd on OChem

feels nice bros

Learn the underlying chemical concepts and logic. Brute force memorization will only fuck you over

Who is that girl and why is she so impressed?
Do you have the source video so I can further analyze this?
Thank you.

She is impressed by the large molecules he is building!

Sauce NAO!

Is she reading the book on terpenoids too?

On paper, synthetic organic chemistry is really cool. There's a beauty to the design of organic compounds, especially ones requiring multi-step syntheses. It's even better when a new mechanism is discovered that compacts a lot of steps to just a couple.

That being said, it's a pain in the ass to manage in the lab. I don't want to be doing an 8 step synthesis, no matter the yield. Catalysis is the way to go, although yes, it does limit the structural complexity of the molecule you wish to design, and you almost always have to cast a wide net in terms of trying out shittons of substrates.