Niggers that buy used books

>Niggers that buy used books
BOY I SURE DO LOVE WEIRD SMELLS, YELLOWED PAGES AND SOMEONE'S AUTISTIC SCRIBBLES

>Not being poor as shit
Enjoy not living the literary lifestyle

boy I sure do love reduced prices!

This is America, get out nigger.

I made this mistake recently
Fucking bought the aeneid with about a million retarded notes stating the obvious littering the pages

> buying books at all

why not just go to the library?

Aside from the lowered costs and the gratification of finding a gem after browsing through hundreds of throwaway titles, I also just enjoy the feeling of connection that comes when reading a second-hand book from knowing that this or that passage has also been read by another person, who would have had their own unique interpretations.

Also, fun fact: one of the main sources of second-hand book store acquisitions is deceased old people whose illiterate families didn't want their library and needed a cheap form of disposal.

I'm pretty picky when it comes to purchasing used books, and I buy them almost exclusively.

-No visible water or insect damage
-No inside writing (a small note on the inside cover or a signature is fine, but nothing on the margins of the pages themselves)
-No books that smell like shit
-No books with unidentifiable translator(s), if translated
-Usually only take books in Very Good condition and above, though will take somewhat damaged copies of older first editions (got Hemingway's For Whom the Bell Tolls as a first edition, albeit in a somewhat rough condition for four Muricabucks).
-No anthologies as a general rule of thumb

I still find lots, usually more than I care to buy at any one time.

>WEIRD SMELLS
Fuck you, I love that smell! I want cologne that smells like that.

>implying the library has what I want to read
The best selection my local library has is its shounen manga.

Yes, actually I unironically do. I also like paying 2 dollars for a 24 dollar book.

If I see you buying used books I'll stomp your fascist ass into the dirt.
Fuck Trump, fuck white people.

They only have Dutch pulp and books for children at my "library."

>there are people who unironically believe that the disgusting moldy smell of old books is better than the delicious smell of new books

sometimes there is no new alternative or the alternative is retardedly high priced for something obviously not worth it like 999 for a light novel

>fuck white people
literally why

>not having an essential oil smoker and making your used books smell like lavender
pleb

>Having such pathetic limited reading interests that you only need books currently in print or available new.

Good luck with that.

Lol Niggers buying things instead of stealing them.

because I don't want to fuck up their books

this. cheap price dood, come on

This is why when you buy used online you make sure to only purchase books that are so cheap that you wouldn't mind giving away. Occasionally I get tattered messes that I donate to the goodwill, but a lot of the time I get books that were clearly never opened.

>Being so poor that you don't live near a nice secondhand bookstore that actually takes care of their books

>previous owner wrote in book
>notes stop five pages in

Kek

suda51 is a god with ADD

>ecks dee randumb nonsense for neckbeards

I know right?

I grew up on that smell. I love that smell. That smell will forever be the most authentic indicator of "book-ness" to me.

Gently yellowed pages are great, you don't have that overly harsh pure white to get in the way.

None of this stiff-as-a-board super-modern paper either, I want fleshy pulpy paper.

You might not like those tastes but I wouldn't have it any other way.