How can average IQ in China be around 105 when most of the population is dirt poor farmers with barely any education?

How can average IQ in China be around 105 when most of the population is dirt poor farmers with barely any education?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_burning#Burning_of_books_and_burying_of_scholars_in_China_.28210_BC.29
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yaodong
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They are just that intelligent. Imagine if they had education like in the first world.

One day, everybody will be China's nigger.

Testing mainly coast population

>Muh IQ
Because IQ has little to do with genetics and everything to do with culture. If you had any grasp on history you'd know that intense testing has, for a long time, been an integral part of Chinese culture.
But yeah, sure, China is the smarty pants Utopia you're looking for. Why not move there and stay?

Because dirt poor farmers aren't included in those results.

>Because IQ has little to do with genetics and everything to do with culture
HAHAHAHA

Intelligence is inborn, that's how.

>t. Knows nothing about history
It's ok, brainlet. Keep trying to find an objective measurement for everything. Maybe then you can prove how much smarter you are than everyone else

That's the weighted average against the world population. I'd imagine if you only tested the Chinese people the average would return to 100 IQ.

Also if you test specific groups you can skew the average.

why so mad?
nice picture of the effects of sanitation workers being on strike, btw

Are you implying that all-encompassing experimentation like this might be horribly skewed by human error or even corruption? That I might need to do a little research into how these numbers are come to before I make wild assumptions and argue them to be fact? That's absurd. This one 27.7 kb file tells me everything I need to know about how smart different countries are compared to eachother.

you sure are one angry teenager

ITT: everybody M.A.D.
kek

>implying any data provided by the Chinese government is 100% truthful and to be taken seriously
I imagine China's IQ is more in line with that of Mexico or the Middle East. There's no way a bunch of landless peasants or menial industrial workers have high IQs.

See what you did there? You decided not to take something at face value, did a little digging and discovered the implied conclusion to be fallacy. That's what real smart people do, they don't just stomp their feet and demand they're right.

I know you joke about this but there's a lot of people out there who takes the pic literally. Thinking all Chinese have that 105 average when only the Han Chinese do. Non-Han Chinese ethnicities have varying averages ranging from 101 to 86 IQ.

But to know this would require reading research papers. Something that while you could do a simple Google search to get, many are too lazy or absent minded to check.

Is that what you think China still is? You should go have a look at it on streetview because you are seriously wrong

same with Korea & Japan amirite?

Glorious

This is just examination IQ, or remembering and then regurgitating things later on. Not real intelligence.

What were the Japs doing after the Europeans sailed half-way around the world with massive cannons and guns? They were still fighting with bows and swords, and the Chinese were (and still are, for the most part) living in caves.

Inventions, art, creativity, emotional intelligence.. all lost on East Asians. They are all autistic in some way.

>Chinese were (and still are, for the most part) living in caves
Is this what they teach you in the west? LMAO

30 million Chinese still live in caves, another large part is rural.

I'm positive that China was called out on only including people from Shanghai in their IQ testing sample, which makes them skewed (cheating).

Because IQ is made to test innate reasoning and spatial skills not knowledge. That would defeat the purpose of the whole test.
There is a reason they don't just ask you to do algebraic manipulations or differential equations on these test.

Sure, environment, education and culture does have some impact, but we're not talking about being able to improve a whole standard deviation.
That's why Asian dirt poor farmers will still perform better than African dirt poor farmers.

Think of it like this. Do you think if you were given enough time and resources that you could become as smart as the likes Einstein, Neumann, ect... ?
These people genetically had better reasoning skills than you and no amount of studying will ever bring you to their level.

>skills are not learned
Really?

I'm not gonna argue semantics with you when it's pretty clear whats being meant here.

Point is some people are born with talent and others are not.

Eugenics?

It's mind boggling people seem to think everything just comes easy to people like Einstein and Neumann. They had obsessive personalities and worked so extremely hard for their achievements. In the case of Neumann he hard very intense training from the moment he was born. People cite him speaking ancient greek age 6 as a sign of his natural genius but bilingual children are actually very common. There's so many "child prodigys" like him who do unbelievable university-level maths when they're children and basically every one of them has an intense training regiment. Someone like Ramanujan is far more interesting

yes Ramanujen was fascinating, considering his origins were literally almost as low a starting point as reasonably possible.

Based on my personal anecdote, when I went to visit China, even the dirt poor farmers were smart as fuck. They use all these clever tricks to make their own equipment, and can easily problem solve despite a lack of education. Not even memeing, they're smarter than some of the kids I go to uni with, it's just unfortunate they were born in the wrong place. However one thing I will point out is most of their cleverness is funneled into the wrong thing, mostly about making money in cheap/fast ways and how to rip other people off.

Are you Nigerian or something?

North east Asia is slightly smarter than northwest Europe but the ashkenazim are the smartest

Because 'dirt poor farmers with barely any education' don't take IQ tests.

>It's mind boggling people seem to think everything just comes easy to people like Einstein and Neumann
Please point me to the part where I say this.

Sure you can waste your talent by not working hard. But no amount of hard work will ever get you to the level of a hard working talented person.

nice damage control

He meant like in autistic

He's right, though.

Did Korea and Japan purposefully execute smart people a while ago to prevent people from thinking for themselves?

kids get lots of candy and presents when they do good at school or else would be kicked out the house, that's a huge motivation to try your best at school

Because they don't test the dirt poor farmers.
Dude sample population lmao

China did

>From Wikipedia:
Qin Shi Huang, first emperor of Qin Dynasty, ordered a Burning of books and burying of scholars in 213 BC and burial alive of 460 Confucian scholars in 210 BC in order to stay in the throne.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_burning#Burning_of_books_and_burying_of_scholars_in_China_.28210_BC.29

Historically China killed any innovator or scholar who went against the Chinese Establishment.

>believing any number to come out of China

You should go look at those /pol/ threads inundated with chinks finding novel ways to use cars and trucks to crush pedestrians on the road.

Funny thing is that is "lions eating Christians" tier revisionism.

First, the word 坑 did not mean "to bury alive." That was a later definition.

Second, he executed his entourage of 士 scholars he had hired to work on his immortality project and failed to produce results. There is nothing in the text identifying them as 儒 "Confucian" scholars.

Third, the burning of books was only information control where private ownership of certain books were banned, not active attempts to destroy knowledge. Copies remained in existence in government libraries.

>t. knows nothing about estimations of both general and between-group heritability of IQ

Neck yourself lol

>visiting /pol/
>ever
Also that's a side effect of industrialization, if you think horribly lax safety standards haven't existed through any country that's gone through industrialization you're gravely mistaken

China doesn't actually have an I.Q survey like other countries do, it just takes the test scores of Chinese students and translates them to I.Q

IQ is pretty robust to environmental effects, contrary to what (((educators))) in the U.S. would have you believe.

While it's true that city-dwelling Chinese have 3 more IQ points or so, the durability of the 105 figure over the past hundred years tells us the durability of the 70 IQ figure for much if Africa is probably not going away.

Why do Chinese in China, the Netherlands, and the U.S. all score about 105?

That's just nuts. My professor said intelligence was learned, not genetic, and I refuse to believe otherwise. Nature would not be so cruel as to make us truly different. Nature is not evil.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yaodong

>sounds unbelievable so it must be false

They just falsify the reports
It's China