I have to choose 3 of those. can't be from the same author...

i have to choose 3 of those. can't be from the same author, need to be from two different time periods and can't be the same style (indicated by the single letter after the title).
help me choose, lit!

King Lear, Sound and the Fury and Leaves of Grass for quality, Doctor Faustus, Old Man and the Sea and Leaves of Grass for ez mode.

King Lear
The Jungle
The Hobbit

thanks for narrowing it down! that really helps

bump for more opinions

Merchant of Venice
The Jungle Book
Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass

this is the lit list for swiss university entrance qualification. it's the english lit part. there are also lists for german, french, spanish, russian and italian if anybody is interested.

t. I am interested

which part should i post first?

nvm i'm going to start with the german lit

Should have started with the Greeks.
If you could spread your posts out throughout the rest of the day it would be greatly appreciated. I'm hoping to check back in after classes. I'm honestly slightly interested in education, teaching, and pedagogy lately so this is fascinating from my perspective.

English versions please?

they aren't even on the list...

i find it interestig too to see what they have choosen to put on them.

of the german lit list? there isn't any. ask me if you need something translated

french 2/2

King Lear
Poems of Emily Dickinson
Wuthering Heights

would be my choices

italian 1/3

why is everybody suggesting king lear? is it that good?

also, italian 2/3

Well I need everything other than the one in English translated.

italian 3/3

the point of those losts is that you would have to read it in the original language since it is part of the qualification test in the different languages... just google the authors and translate the titles?

spanish 1/2

for French, assuming the same rules as the English one, I'd do

La princess de Cleves
Les fleurs du mal
La cantatrice chauve und La lecon

or

Fables of Fontaine
Cyrano de Bergerac
Alcools

It's my favorite Shakespeare. It's only tied with Macbeth on the list you can choose from as one of the very best of his.

This one's really hard to narrow down, but I might go

Nibelungenlied
Faust
Der Golem

Decameron
Canti of Leopardi
Il Gattopardo

This is a real neato thread OP

it has slightly different rules. i think you only need two but still different authors, decdes and so on.
i would have to choose from the german, english and french list.

glad yoj are enjoying it! i'm really relieved for any help since this is a bit overwhelming. i'm only going to have those qualifications in about 3 years, but i figured it can't hurt to start working on the lit lists.

spanish 2/2

russian 1/2

russian 2/2

also, end of dump

For Spanish

Don Quijote de la Mancha
La dama del alba
El Aleph

Gah, I can't read Cyrillic. I should learn that.