The futility of non-STEM intellectualism summarised

Zizek: Speaks multiple languages fluently, extremely familiar with huge amounts of works of art and their analysis, dove head first in to philosophy at a young age and has been a philosophical researcher for many decades, charismatic and funny, strong level of historical and political knowledge, embraces both high and low culture

Chomsky: Probably every STEMfag would admit he has a first rate analytical mind that they would consider extremely intelligent. Extremely good memory. Innovative linguist. Been researching political and societal issues for decades.

You'd have to be a major troll to think they're not highly intelligent. Now let's see the ENTIRE result of their LIFE'S WORK in Humanities / Philosophy / Social Sciences (ignoring chomsky's linguistics stuff).

Zizek: Hegelian and Lacanian BS that sounds so le deep, overdefined bullshitty unfalsifiable politics / society related nonsense.

Chomsky: "This country you think is good has done bad stuff. These countries you barely hear about have had bad stuff happen in them"

Why THE FUCK do people think that non-trivial insights can be gained outside of STEM? It's UN FUCKING BELIEVABLE to think that this could happen. It has NEVER happened.

Well, name some non-trivial insights in STEM.

Is that's all you got from them you are probably the one with a futil mind.

>Both are rich as fuck
>Chomsky is a millionaire living in one and working in another expensive architectural wonder in NY
>Zizek takes vactions to Dubai and other glamourous places
>Hangs out and is constantly namedropped by celebrities
>So is Chomsky btw
>My uncle studied engineering
>Has had the same job since he was 20

really shudders your udders

a mechanic is not an engineer

stay poor blue collar cuck

>i'm white collar
>i'm certainly not a classcuck

Noam Chomsky is an anti-American fool that doesn't deserve a second's attention from anyone.

>Zizek: Hegelian and Lacanian BS that sounds so le deep, overdefined bullshitty unfalsifiable politics / society related nonsense.

If anything, considering his influences, the clarity in Zizek's works is remarkable. Most of his theories are clearly explained through real, pragmatic examples.
How many people here can possibly be unsure of what "ideology" is?
You really can't accuse Zizek of obscurantism, and his critics refer to actual, explained phenomenons.

>Chomsky: "This country you think is good has done bad stuff. These countries you barely hear about have had bad stuff happen in them"

What a gross oversimplification, you're willingly leaving out what Chomsky holds more dear in his political critics: datas.
To say that Chomsky critics are either blind or insufficient is laughable at best.

>Why THE FUCK do people think that non-trivial insights can be gained outside of STEM?

What similar insights have we gathered from STEM fields? In what way Chomsky and Zizek works have anything to do with what chemists do? You're intellectually dishonest.

When terrorists attacked America on 9/11, Chomsky's response was that it was that it was America's fault, that America is much worse, and that the real victims are going to be oppressed Muslims around the world from the fallout of the attack.

Fuck Noam Chomsky.

>anti-American

Most people outside America are.

Sounds like Chomsky does nothing but trigger nerds and attract rancid audience pussy. I'd take that over being a professional Matlab drone any day.

>projects municipal plumbing
>mechanic

kek stay precariat, new working class, only this time 100k deep in debt by the time they're 20

Do you really mean what you just said or are you just practicing a sales pitch for one of your new, revolutionary Sillicon Valley products which will change the way we think about X for ever?

Wasn't he right tho?

Apple falls down when not held.

imo men like Peter Thiel are the true patricians.

>Nrx Aristocrat
>red pill trump supporter
>50k a year in human blood
>Future AI God King
>Harvard Law School
>Cyberpunk Villiany
>Hedge Fund Management
>Seastead Autistopia
>Rene Girard and Moldbug
>Harem of Subcon Twink programmers

And they're all irrelevant.

Biologist here. The process of DNA replication has been entirely eked out over the years, from the roles enzymes take in unwrapping and preparing the DNA for replication, to the methyl markings placed on each strand and their purpose.

It is not trivial, it is useful information and cannot be summed up easily

free shkreli

Useful for what?

yea ur right fuck dna replication who needs fancy shit like that

Useful for curing and treating numerous diseases, both by directly intervening in the process and by replicating its processes in artificial techniques.

Defects in DNA replication are usually involved in cancer. A number of viruses utilise the machinery of DNA replication. Understanding the process allows us to treat these diseases more readily and assess risk (w/r/t cancer).

I know of course, you will call these things trivial and meaningless, not essentially good. But they make life a lot better for a lot more people than Lacanian psychoanalysis ever has.

>mfw SJW libs disrespect the 9/11 never forget

>you will call these things trivial
No I wont

>and meaningless

No I wont.

>they make life a lot better for a lot more people than Lacanian psychoanalysis ever has.

Longer =/= better. (Your gf would disagree tho ;))

lmao dude gud job

I always assume an implicit contempt of STEM on this board in the classic us vs them vein most discussions on Veeky Forums tend to involve.

Basically yeah.

jesus fuck will this argument ever end
this is just buyer's remorse for picking a degree

>But they make life a lot better

Here is where my paranoid self triggers, because it could be used to make stronger viruses. Or eventually create a fucking godzilla right?.

>not essentially good

Not intrinsically good.

Some of us are friendly.
A wallpaper for you Mister biologist.

... just fucking take all my upvotes!!!

And what would that accomplish?

The ones that lead to human flight, the combustion engine, genetic engineering et cetera.

STEM student here. Phys/maths specifically.

Even though my passion is science and maths, you're deluding yourself if you think we can ignore the humanities.

Do you really want to see the mess that will emerge when every intellectual mind is outside the spheres of political, philosophical, and artistic thought?

We're seeing the beginnings of this already, and let me tell you - it's not fucking pretty.

You need great minds in all societal spheres, as all contribute to the overall health of a country, and collectively, the globe.

Sure, STEM is the bedrock of any great society, and it is by the more pragmatic fields that the others are permitted to flourish, but without great art your populace becomes shallow and stupid - and by extension, a danger to themselves and to the wise. Just look at the general American populace right now (and most first world populations), it's playing out right before your eyes.

Here's a non-trivial insight made by Heraclitus millennia ago - you're proving how non-trivial it is just by making this thread.

"People are ignorant of how a thing, turning away from itself, agrees with itself in a back-turning harmony."

In other words, it's all related. Every bit of it.

You're probably fairly young, so it's not the end of the world that you don't understand this, but, seriously, every branch of intellectual thought it interrelated, and we need brilliant minds in all of these fields.

To neglect any one of them is to invite the gradual erosion of culture which, in time, brings a nation to it's knees.

Go back to imgur faggot

chomsky is a genius in his field, but his political opinions are kindergarden tier

Higher chances of ubermensch to live, ultimately contributes to humanity's goal of transcending into a higher level of existence - as beings that aren't constrained by biological limitations.

Anyone who cannot appreciate the brutal intellectual force of Chomsky is deluded. Just because he is a bit pathological in his quest to prove that the country that has afforded him the freedom to make a fortune arguing that the country he lives in is the most unimaginably Evil Empire in history doesn't mean the man doesn't also know everything. No matter what inquiry he pursues, you get the sense that he will read more, know more, and think more, and more directedly, than any other intellectual would have the patience or mental energy for.

The critique of Chomsky is that he does not offer solutions. He disputes this vigorously of course, but I'll just say this. He knocked B.F. Skinner around pretty good, but he has never done what B.F. Skinner did -- propose concrete solutions to problems -- such as he does in his novel, Walden Two. Chomsky has no vision. He could never write something like that, a novel that shows, using a narrative mode, how the system could be reorganized so that political entities could be prosperous without committing "atrocities" (Chomsky's favorite word).

This thread is so bait it hurts my eyes.