When did you realise that he was right about there being no room for poets and artists in the ideal society?

When did you realise that he was right about there being no room for poets and artists in the ideal society?

Never. I did realize that all of book X is a troll designed to dupe retards who haven't yet gotten the fucking message of the Socratic method into believing an idea that is not only retarded, but flagrantly in contradiction with the rest of Plato's thought.

The tripartite critique of mimesis falls apart under minimal scrutiny.

When did you realize the irony that Plato's dialogues are artfully constructed pieces of literature?

When did you realize that plato was a meme philosopher that only pretentious pseudo intellectuals like? No one even seriously reads plato anymore. Go back to Veeky Forums fgt.

>Implying you're not a Platonist in regards to mathematics

Heh, nice one kid. Almost got me.

No I'm a formalist.

When did you realize that Socrates speaks exclusively in irony, which *almost* amounts to not saying anything? When did you realize that Plato supplements this with the writerly dramatic irony and the dialogue form?

when i turned into a beta lalahomofaggot man and decided to dedicate my life and society to fan fiction. it's been rough

Well he's right. Art is an attempt to capture the ideal for our corrupted realm. Living in the ideal realm would be like living art itself.

>NUMBERS R METAPHYSICAL 4 REEL HURR DURRR
no i am not a Platonist on any subject, boi

Lately I've begun to realise that he is probably right about religion too.

When did you realize that people who think there's no room for artists in the ideal society don't have a place in the ideal society?

On the contrary, art is one of the few things that stops us from being consumed by Socratic/Enlightenment nihilism. It reminds us that Reason is not the be all and end all.

Part orator
Part dramatist
Part sophist

>entities that are indispensable to our best scientific theories should not be considered real

get a load of this lad

He seems very weak on this point, and most likely included it from butthurt.

This desu. Read Leo Strauss

When did you realize that the Republic is constructed as a metaphor for the internal landscape of the individual and that banishing poets from the ideal society simply equals to getting your head sorted out of the obscurating fluff?

You know, one of the main purposes of the Socratic method.

100000000% gaaaaayyyyy

>>>republic is only a psychological work
>>>republic is only a political work
>>>republic is 100% literal
>>>republic is 100% metaphorical

t. has read no commentary on republic
t. thinks he has solved an argument that has been going on for 2400 years
t. retard
t. go fuck yourself

ITT: Buttmad poets.

t. Haven't heard of Neoplatonism

this

Holy shit kid. You're in the wrong place.

You need to get off your computer and go read some Plato. Don't come back until you recognize his genius.