What is better 1984 or Brave New World?

What is better 1984 or Brave New World?

Rundown on these guys?

bogda

bogda

bogdanov

Hard to say, they're both pretty good. BNW is probably a bit more dystopian, as it involves genetics.
Both great though.
Now, can I get a quick rundown on these two?

How is it dystopian, if 99,9% of the population is happy?

1984 is much more engaging from a pure aesthetic standpoint. Some people think that Brave New World is more 'accurate', but those people aren't aware of how succinctly Orwell was able to describe 20th century totalitarianism.

Brave New World until Trump won. 1984 now. Before you say that the question was "which is better," not "which is more relevant," I believe that a book's quality is entirely dependent on the context in which it is read. No such thing as intrinsic quality.

>1984 and BNW were always contrasted as 2 different ways the future could go
>mfw 1984 and BNW are happening at the same time

Huxley was a pedo

This. To people living in North Korea 1984 was a prophecy

there were two enemies left... and both of them were gods

Holy... I need more!

1984 is a better book but that's mainly because of the love story. I would say Brave New World is more relevant to our current time period because the conspiracy is more subversive in Brave New World. I recommend Brave New World if your stuck between the too.

They are slaves to Soma. Ask any drug addict, he feels good when high. He isn't what I'd call happy.

>No such thing as intrinsic quality.
*tips fedora*
>implying only to people in best korea
You are pretty unaware of reality, aren't you?

We by Yevgeny Zamyatin.

terrible meme

1984 is a better book to read, but Brave New World is more a more incisive commentary, although both are enjoyable and incisive.

is this the rundown thread?

Did you ever hear the quick rundown of Igor Bogdanoff, the wise?
I thought not. It's not a story the leftists would tell you. Its an alt-right legend.
Igor Bogdanoff was a Dark Lord of the French, so powerful and so wise he could use his conections to influence the geo-political climate to create prosperity...
He had such a knowledge of world politics that he could even save entire continents he cared about, with a single phonecall.
He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing his conection to aliens/interdimensional entities, which eventually, he might.
Unfortunatyl, he taught his brother Grichka everything he know, then his brother turned off his cellphone service.
It's ironic, he could save Europe from death, but not himself.

The reason they look so weird is because what you are seeing is a quick approximation of their 3d form, they do not exist in 3 dimensions, (hypothesised to exist as at least 12-dimensional beings) - The large chins for instance are due to rounding errors in the universe due to so many conversions down from 12 to 11 to 10 etc down to 3 dimensions

quite literaturelly this

could someone give me the biography of these guys?

BogdadgoB

the bog are lurking amon us

But there isn't. Books aren't alive or magic, they can't interpret themselves.

Quick Question. Years ago (somewhere between 2010 to 2013) these guys were a popular meme. What did they do to make them gain meme fame again?

Would you like a quick rundown?

No. Just why they are popular again. Don't need the history.

1984 is relatively optimistic in comparison to BNW. At least in 1984, you have an oppressive, totalitarian goverment that you can at least identify as the oppressor, and a group of people who are obviously oppressed. In BNW, nobody has to worry, because life is so pleasant and devoid of pain. Even if you are part of a lower working class, you've been genetically engineered to prefer your lot in life. The "bad guy" is the selfish asshole who attempts to resist and threatens utopia for everyone else.

1984 s redditcore
BNW is tumblrcore
We is the patrician's choice

>not this
It's pretty much a shitpost in book form.

Their level of notoriety used to rise whenever they brought a lawsuit against someone calling them hacks. Also when they did their faces. Not sure what happened just now.

Take the Bog pill.

It's only the illusion of happiness, they're just distracted by fancy things and sedated by drugs. There's no depth to what they think is happiness, which most people agree is the whole message of the book.

Not only was it a succinct description of totalitarianism, it's also an engaging, interesting novel that rewards multiple readings.

And it's sexier, too.

where's the fucking rundown?

some french tv hosts had lots of plastic surgery and now it's a forced meme

A team of dedicated shitposters forced this meme as a way to carry actual redpills while avoiding censorship/hate speech label/tinfoil label. It's memetic bomb hidden in a cloak of absurdism.

Boglike post

likely to accelerate our progress toward a new age of wisdom, peace, and love

bogda
o
g
d
a

uhh guys???

What... uh... what happened to their faces?

they ascended to pure boghood

the twins that saved europe

Now I see... so being rundown proof is the true power of Veeky Forums...

bogda boiz, who out here?

how embarassing.

When did this meme appear?

Both are based on 'We' Yevgeny Zamyatin

Bog?

The Glass Bees

IF I SEE THIS THREAD EVER AGAIN IM GONNA SCREAM! I SWEAR TO YOU! DONT PISS ME OFF!

fuk ths thread

>trying this hard for (You)s
Well, congratulations on managing to get three replies. Cherish them, for they are all you'll be able to garner with your insane notion that books lack quality without context. Your worthless opinion should be tossed straight back to where it belongs: a trash heap.

books that arent genre fiction