Do you ever LARP as someone who actually has a PhD?

Do you ever LARP as someone who actually has a PhD?

>Do you ever LARP
how new are you to Veeky Forums?

Why are you posting Kamnitzer?

I think I've seen him give that same talk

Been here for at least a year :^)

>admitting being a newfag

Not usually but coincidentally just a few days ago I did just that.

Someone made a thread about that woman who got a Fields medal but then died and I was bored at the time so I wanted to have some fun. Threads about women in science are always perfect for trolling because they are filled with retards who take it way too personal so if you go in and say retarded shit like "lol women can't do math, it must be affirmative action" they will go fucking mental. (I don't really hold these sexist views, I just pretend I do to troll those threads because they are so easy to bait).

So I went in and said that her work was mediocre and shit and that "I bet she got it because she sucked someones dick" and people went fuuucking crazy. In one thread I made like 50 (you)'s alone it was amazing. But then someone questioned my credentials and then I said "Oh no, I think she doesn't deserve the prize because she is relatively unknown. In contrast, I know all the other 3 medalists, one of them I even met personally at a talk".

I AM A FUCKING UNDERGRAD. I NEVER WENT TO A FUCKING TALK FOR A FIELD MEDALIST KEK.

But the fucking retards bought it and then started kinda respecting me, backpedaling but saying that even if I don't know her research it could just be that I work in a field away from hers.

It was a mine of keks. People who make female threads are so retarded. It is like they are asking to be trolled. I love those threads.

Yeah man you sure trolled them! XD

Why is everyone in this thread a fucking newfaggot.

You do realize those threads are pseudo-/pol/ raid threads right?

Cancer, but I like you. Your kind of poster, the kind that thinks they are above internet culture, are also among the groups that are so easy to bait. Heck, I baited you without even trying. You just had to give me an ironic respond and even add "xD" to it. You sure showed me lol.

Perhaps, but as long as there are white knights taking me seriously, and roasties crying sexism, I will keep posting because it is just so funny.

It is funny because in a thread about male mathematicians, like Terence Tao, you can say "Oh yeah I wanna lick that little Chink's ass" no one will even say something. But if you say the same thing in a female mathematician thread (or some other objectifying or insulting comment) then you get 10 (you)'s guaranteed.

They aren't really. They are just trying to keep you in the shitpost threads, to make Veeky Forums worse.

Perhaps, but as long as they make it so realistic I don't notice then who cares.

I mean, this plays into the whole "I was just pretending to be retarded" thing. If your goal is to make fun of retards and you find a den of retards then you have your fun. Then if after you leave all the retards stop acting retarded and laugh because "lol we were just pretending" then who cares. You already left the retard-den, thinking that you just fucked with all of them. I think anyone would choose to live in the matrix as long as no one tells them they are in the matrix.

And to add to that, I don't really believe you. I know there are beta whiteknights here, in the hundreds. And I know there are a couple of roasties too.

Were you in

No, but this is me: Clearly it is not only me who knows how easily baited female threads are. I wish I was, because that way I could get more (you)s. The worst part of having too many people compete for the same thread is that your line of conversation can get forgotten because everyone decided the posts of the other guy are more important to respond, and then you have to start a new conversation by quoting some random person and yelling

WOMEN DESERVE NO RIGHTS

And then you get them right back. The competition is fucking fierce man.

>this low level bait.

It is low level bait, I do not consider myself a particularly creative person. But as lazy as my bait is, posters in female threads buy it. All of it. They get baited by everything I say and it makes me really happy.

>in the hundreds

There are only like 10 or 20 people who frequent Veeky Forums...

>There are only like 10 or 20 people who frequent Veeky Forums...

No, there are about 10 to 20 serious people in Veeky Forums and we browse the /mg/.

Then there are a couple hundred of retards. Some from /pol/ (race baiters, climate change deniers type retards) and some from reddit (whiteknights and easily baited roasties).

I have come to terms with the realization that Hiroshimoot will never make a board just for mathematicians, so I live with the /mg/. And to make the best of it, I use the rest of the retards who browse this board as troll targets whenever I am bored.

>and we browse the /mg/.
HOLY KEK!

/mg/ is just a bunch of literal faggots LARPing as mathematicians. I've never seen any math discussion there. Just faggots being faggots.

No, it is a serious thread. Really just compare the latex-to-text ratio of that thread with other threads. The /mg/ is probably above the /sqt/ in terms of how much math gets latex'd.

The anime pictures are to scare away the /pol/ nazis and the ironic edginess is to keep away the reddit fags.

It is not ideal, but it works.

Ah, okay.

This user got a few (you's). Thought you might have been him and began testing the waters with

>anime pictures are to scare away the /pol/ nazis
Have you been to /pol/?

I forgot to link:
^ Thought that might have been your post

Yeah, that was also mean. Amazing post isn't it? Alone it collected 5 (you)'s. A nice return.

Very easy to troll/bait in those threads. I can't believe people fall for it.

Honestly, what did you expect?

>I can't believe people fall for it.
I already told you the secret. Threads which attract low quality posters are easy to bait. And female threads attracts two kinds of low quality posters: whiteknights and roasties.

seethat's like going to an OCD meeting and moving things and laughing when people move them back to their proper place. People on Veeky Forums do not like mistakes, and thus will correct them. Making mistakes on purpose just to get (you's) speaks more about you than us. we are pretty aware of our condition, but at least we arent attention whores. Even worse, the worst kind of attention whore, the one who just says shit to get ANY response.

it is not larping when the job is real. it is called impersonation.

You make me sick. I was in there genuinely being sexist, you disingenuous bluepilled beta cuck piggot

I used to but now I'm unironically going for one.

Y-you too.

>first day of class
>pretend to be the teacher

>Trying to save face on anonymous singaporean pop music forum

How difficult is it to get a PhD in STEM at a decent school, all memes aside?

Heh. Nice try kid. But you've failed to realize that I was baiting this entire time. Heck, I baited you without even trying. You just had to give me an ironic respond and even add "xD" to it. You sure showed me lol.

You're the kind of poster who thinks they are above internet culture. But it is I, who am actually above internet culture. I am not even going to tell you how many layers of irony I am on.

You still have lots to learn kid

*Tips fedora*

Pretty sure the newfags are the ones fallign for bait.

Yeah, fuck you, double nigger. Obvious fucking troll, it's a shame how easily people fell for it.

Found the white knight who got butthurt that Maryam won an affirmative action Fields medal.
Why didn't they give it to Jacob Lurie?

I was lurking that thread and had very heartly laughs.
You are doing God's work user.

That was me, and I was being serious. The only reason she got the Fields is because it's a thoroughly politicised fest now. She wasn't even the best female mathematician, but she ticked the right boxes so she was awarded the medal.

The Fields medal is such a joke right now that the committee members aren't even familiar with the work of the people they vote for. It's all favour swapping and nepotism. The Fields is living off past prestige.

I'm confused. Which level of irony is this on?

Curious about this too.

Yes but I have a master, so it's not that far off.

I have lurked for 30 years and have yet to make a single post

UNTIL NOW

I'm working on one atm, so I do sometimes just say I have one.

No, because I actually have a PhD. It's in engineering though, so it's not like it matters that much. I hate myself and want to die.

kek

I always RP as a MS or PhD student at a top 10 program for EE and give advice over graduate admissions, EE specializations, grad student life, etc..

Actually only a junior in uni for EE, have NO idea what half the specializations really do or work on, have no research experience (YET), and just give info based on what I've read online desu. I am taking GRE soon and plan on applying to top 5 EE unis and have been told with research Jr+Summer+Sr year I will have a great chance at them. So one day it will be as if I have been RPing as my future self all along.