Why can't intelligent people be funny?

Why can't intelligent people be funny?
Even the most articulate of people aren't very amusing.

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/being-funny-is-associated-with-having-above-average-intelligence-2015-11
businessinsider.com/dark-humor-seems-to-be-a-sign-of-intelligence-2017-1
blog.ycombinator.com/rick-and-morty-writer-ryan-ridley/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

businessinsider.com/being-funny-is-associated-with-having-above-average-intelligence-2015-11

businessinsider.com/dark-humor-seems-to-be-a-sign-of-intelligence-2017-1

The intelligent people you meet are probably in academia and are therefore the rejects of society

wtf samantha bee is the smartest person i know now?!

im funny

>Samantha Bee
>Funny
>[math]A \wedge \neg A[/math]

I'm not sure where you got that from, but a lot of comedians are pretty well educated.

Conan O'Brien went to Harvard, Stephen Colbert and Seth Meyers both went to Northwestern.
Demetri Martin went to Yale. John Cleese, John Oliver, and Sacha Baron Cohen all went to fucking Cambridge.

Numerous writers for Late Night as well as for shows like The Simpsons, Futurama, Rick and Morty, and pretty much any other show all have ivy league degrees.

I find it hard to believe that you find NONE of those people funny.

Bullshit really. David Mitchell is clearly inteillgent. As is Bill Bailey. Richard Ayoade

I always knew the people behind Rick and Morty were operating on a level far beyond that of the average person.

Truly a smart show for smart people.

Comedy = Tragedy + Stupidity

Louis CK is a genius in every meaning.

Actually I may have misspoken about Rick and Morty lol.

blog.ycombinator.com/rick-and-morty-writer-ryan-ridley/
>"...admittedly, unlike Futurama, none of us on the staff have, we’re barely educated, we’re not mathematicians, we don’t really know that much about science, we’re writing from the point of view of tropes, and genre stuff, and we want to tell good stories, we’re more scientists of story, if you will, as opposed to like, we don’t really know how any of this shit works, we should get a science advisor."

One of Futurama's writers had a Harvard Math PhD and ended up publishing a research paper that was used within the show. Rick and Morty writers are probably pretty smart but they ain't that.

Quick whit is a sign of intellect which is why you bang women after you make them laugh

Wouldn't that imply that black men are really smart

Obviously

No white women just cant resist that BBC

I'm smart and I'm hilarious but it kinda makes me come off as stupid sometimes. I think a lot of "smart" people intentionally maintain a snobbish attitude to make sure everyone knows they're smart. I probably chose the wrong personality but at least people enjoy being around me

It's the opposite. All the best comedians are very smart. Dumb people can't tell a joke to save their lives.

>I'm smart and I'm hilarious
Wrong and wrong.

>Rick and Morty
>a smart show for smart people
>reddit spacing

Wit is a sign of high verbal intelligence and lots of experience. If you can't be funny, either you don't have the mindset for it, or you're not intelligent enough to express said mindset adequately. Pick up a book on improv and start practicing morons if you want to be funny. To a large extent, it's a skill that can be trained if you're discerning enough.

case in point: a low-IQ fucktard declaring someone else is in fact an idiot because he admits to occasionally making stupid jokes

This is a funny thread considering Rick Rosner, who has the second highest IQ in the U.S., is a comedy writer by trade.

>taking the bait

First of all, you're neither smart nor funny, so I do no see how you would be worried by this false premise that doesn't even affect you, anyway.

but i'm smarter and funnier than this user
who thinks he's smart and hilarious.

Unironically as teens would say it neck yourself you waste of air.
This is coming from a guy that got phd which is more than you can say for yourself.

Also dear mods,I understand that flipping burgers and masturbating to 2D cartoons is more fun your little brain but have the dignity to once in a while clean the board from idiotic things like this.
Your spam bots would be able to fake traffic indefinitely,people are already noticing.

someone is upset

what did he mean by this?
Was it autism?

ebin meme response