>age
>location
>current book you're reading and how do you like it

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/lit/thread/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

These threads are always reams of data and nobody talking. What's the point in them?

Brazil
Plato's Parmenides, just started today so it's hard to tell, I didn't get to the juicy parts yet.

Toho
Dragon Drive volume 1

switzerland
beyond good and evil so i actually know what i'm talking about when i shitpost

well done you did it

what was it

Data mining for publishers

Canada
Oblivion by DFW

I wasn't too fond of the first story but the next two were quite good.

warosu.org/lit/thread/ S9044827#p9044843

To see what other anons are reading, friend.

SAMEFAG
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

United States, Florida
Theatre of Revolt: An Approach to Modern Drama
I'm really enjoying getting another perspective on literature outside of Veeky Forums for once. Learning that literature occurs within certain contexts which inspire and influences its composition is a completely foreign concept around here.

>20
>Brazil
>The Picture of Dorian Gray
>a bit gay but i like it

ofc you do

North Carolina
Siddhartha. I don't understand the appeal. It seems to make a case for a certain lifestyle and mindset. But it makes no justification for it. At best, one can draw the conclusion that what worked for Siddhartha worked for him but not necessarily for me. 5/10 don't recommend.

Virginia, USA

An Ernest Hemingway biographer, although I've never read one of his books. It's interesting, but I'm trudging through it like a snail

Gloucestershire, UK

this is ironic, right? you do know that that's part of the point of the book, right?

Minnesota
Between Wolf and Dog by Sasha Sokolov

Leicester, UK
The Underground Man

>The Underground Man
Meant Notes From The Undeground

It's a data mining scam. What fucking user would ask for people's ages and locations along with the book they read? These threads go up across multiple boards. No, this is not paranoia. This is someone asking for your data. I do not know who they are or what they are doing with it though.

New Jersey
Reading Dubliners, few books have made me feel so viscerally. I'm looking forward to continuing the Joyce canon, even knowing how weird things get with stream of consciousness. He's just a damn good writer, and between what I'm reading now and his reputation, I see no reason to doubt him

i put this on my list forever ago, didn't know it finally came out

Seattle, WA
C&P

I love it, this is my introduction to Russian lit, and I will definetly read the rest of Dostoyevskys work and then move on to Tolstoy.

NYC
Star Wars: Ahsoka

Been binging all of the EU for a while now. Their YA shit is actually surprisingly respectable. So far it's great. Started off with a duel on Mandalore.

>24
>Michigan

Beloved for class, American Pastoral for leisure. Some decent sections in Beloved, but lots of bad, drawn out metaphors; long, boring sections that describing someone's feelings; and the use of stream-of-conciousness seems really amateur and makes some of the syntax awful.

American Pastoral is pretty comfy. Phillip Roth seems underrated on this board.

Israel
The Trial
It's a great read but Kafka's a bit of a drag to get through

Paranoid much?

>These threads go up across multiple boards.
>implying

Mexico
The Trial

I'm halfway through and I'm really enjoying it. I hope I end up loving it as I did with The Metamorphosis.

>22
>VA
>The Bible

Shit's cash, yo.

Columbus
Annihilation by Jeff Vandermeer. I'm really enjoying it.

My Lc brother, are you at university there?

>19
>poland
>cioran the temptation to exist
>camus the plague, the myth of sisyphus
>peter camenzind by hesse

i am heavily stoned and stressed

Chile
Whatever by Michel Houellebecq. Like it so far, I like autistic ramblings despide not agreeing 100% with him

>24
>London
>the second sex

It's pretty good

>20
>Canada
>As You Like It
I like it

>24
>Connecticut
>Wolf in White Van

It's fucking good, unlike these threads.

Sweden
Lolita, I really like it.

>20
>California
>True Allegiance by Ben Shapiro

I was hoping for deep political insight but it's literally just World War Z but instead of zombies it's politics. 6/10

>being such a right wing cuck that you'd read a book by that kike

w e w

I'm only two chapters in, but I can tell it's going to be a cozy read.

57th realm
silmarillion
kind of makes me smile from time to time because i think about tolkien's beautiful mind but for some reason i cannot get fully into it/him

hello fellow br/tards

>20
>brazil
>ulysses
can't even say how I like it...its actually amazing, its not really like I am reading something, its a experience I never really felt with a book before. currently on Circe and goddamn, I hate long chapters

What are you lads doing for Valentine's Day? It's quickly approaching, you know.

same thing i did the last 21 years: nothing

>23
>Portugal
>Pic related and the one with about a bunch of kids running around the island blowing on a fucking seashell
Miller is savage, I'm liking his style more than I thought I would, good stuff

Reading in the original?

canada
thus spoke zarathustra
im too high for this shit

>25
>Ontario
>Slade house
haven't gotten into much, so far it's still interesting enough for me to keep on reading.

no, reading translation for few reasons
>found the considered best translation to br-portuguese for very cheap in a store in my city, the original would take 1~2 months to import
>I already knew I was going to read it few times, so I figured it would be interesting to read one of these times translated, see it from 2 """""points of view""""

before I read the original though, I want to finish the bible and the greeks (thucydides, herodotus, euripides, aristophanes, sophocles, etc), the romans and philosophy up to aquinas and augustine.

want to do that with divine comedy too, first time I read it in english and with no philosophy/theology background at all, and after finishing that little list I want to re-read it in portuguese and in the future in italian

>longass answer to a short question
sorry, I get excited to share my plans

North Dakota
Madame bovary

by the way, already ordered ulysses in the original, and the edition of the translated ulysses is pretty nice, the only sin in this edition is the ul'i'sses

I read in the new translation, it's fine as long you don't read only the translations. I have pretty big plans too.

MA
Understanding Analysis by Stephen Abbott

I am a mathematics student and it is a math textbook but it really reads like a novel. Love it.

in which language did you read, may i ask?

Portuguese translation and the original.

Canada
Just finished Silence by Shusaku Endo. Very fun read, quite enjoyed it.

awful cover desu

>28
>Inherent Vice

Kind of seems like a watered down GR, but it lacks GR's pretension. Would recommend.

america
zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance
idk. seems like a quality book.

>22
>Sydney
>Stress Test by former Treasurer Timothy Geithner writing about the 2008 GFC/an autobiography

it's pretty good

Taking your mum out to dinner, m8.

Since it's on a Tuesday, just gonna spend the night in with my gf reading comics and watching tv. We'll prob fug if she's not on her period.

New York
The Crossing, Cormac McCarthy. It's classic McCarthy though not The Road or Blood Meridian which are my favorites.

Romania
Laws by Plato. Started reading the entire collected works a couple of months ago and I just want to be done with it by now. It's good though and I am enjoying reading it.

>21
>usa
>don quixote (for the first time)

the humor is next level, this guy was contemporary to shakespeare, it just blows my mind

same with the graffiti in pompeii, i don't know why i always assume people in the past didn't have a "modern" sense of humor

>Beloved for Class: An American Pastoral

Thanks for the book turtle.

day passed, not stoned anymore but stressed even more

Moscow
Despair by Nabokov.
I like it but it is hard to read.

>24
>UK
>Orwell's Homage to Catalonia, too much talk of war, the little war there is is terribly written, not enough politics

>21
>Germany
>Steppenwolf by Hesse

Love it. Read Siddhartha first, maybe that was a mistake.

Yeah but live here as well. Go DMU

>20
>netherlands
>father brown stories
Liking it

>21
>Singapore
>Infinite Jest
410 pages in. At times tiresome and somewhat annoying, at times brilliant. It's not proving to be too difficult outside of some of the language. I do feel that I need to slow my pace down at times, reread things that fail to stick. What should I read next?

Literally me

But I'm portuguese.

I don't believe any of this

>for some reason i cannot get fully into it/him
Because the Silmarillion has no plot or characters

nothing, you've finished literature

move on to more intellectual media like anime and tv shows (try game of thrones and agents of shield)

He made reservations for The Melting Pot. So stuff ourselves full of fondue and then probably give him a sad handjob

Dublin, Ireland
I've just started "Hull Zero Three" and I'm liking it so far.

Atlanta

>if she's not on her period.

Ohope, New Zealand
Inside Asia by John Gunther, I can't get enough of the whole 'Inside' series.

You also read Siddhartha first?
How far into Steppenwolf are you?

Melbourne (AUSfag)
'A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man'
Fucking God-tier, fortunately I don't have to read it 20=times. It's starting me down the path of a true patrician, as opposed to the pseudo-fag I was before.

norway
Infuence: The Psychology of Persuation

Decent, the guy uses a lot of time to explain each point though. Could've been half the length, while still getting all the points across.

>24
>Montreal
>Don Quixote

It's all rather tragic isn't it.

Yeah it does. You just need to read it in a different way that most books. Try to study it the way you study a topic you like, instead of reading it like a normal book.

California
Underworld by Delillo

Dig it so far.

London
Ham On Rye - the main character is hateable and i want it to finish.

Yes and?

Michigan, USA
The Satanic Verses, Quite good, I like pretending that anything is possible and that all religions are real in this fictional universe. Magical Realism is turning into one of my favorite genres.

I did, it was my first Hesse and I loved every moment of it.
Page 160 of the "My Penguin" edition. About 3/5ths in, judging by eye. Oh, and I skipped the introduction.

How about you?

>He thinks intellectual conservatism represents the right

Lel. The right is trash. True conservatives like Shapiro at least know all we want is our right and to be left the fuck alone

WA
Confessions of a Mask. It's not as good as Sea of Fertility.

>19
>Munich
>Mokiwa - A white boy in Africa

just getting interesting

South Australia
The Glass Bead Game

>is evil necessary
>if it is, is it really evil?
>is good not the real evil?
>(in this analogy evil is non-academic careers and academic careers=good)
>well it sure is a pickle, but i respect anyone who makes either decision, in light of how prickly a pickle it is, after all
Have I predicted the rest of the book? I'm ninety pages in.

I assume you are not reading Kafka in German.
Don't you feel you are most likely being robbed of the greatness of the author by reading a translated version of their book?
All you are getting is the translated plot.
Translated words might be interpreted differently in each language or exact translation of that word might not even exist.
I would loose out so much reading Moby Dick in german than if I read it in Englisch.