Great literary couples

has there ever been great married couples that were both great literary figures as well?

The great pairs tend not to actually get married. Abelard and Heloise as well as Sartre and Beauvoir come to mind.

Robert Browning and Elizabeth Barrett Browning are the first example that comes to mind

Whitman and a little boy

was waiting for some idiot to say Pierce Shelley and Mary Shelley thinking because they had the same last name..

even though they weren't even related or even knew of each other

edit: i meant Percy Shelley

Maybe they can both be great literary figures, but I doubt there's ever been a couple that were both famous literary figures and happily wedded.

Just to let you guys know

Percy Shelley and Mary Shelley were never related, they did not even know each other..

but many think because they have the same last name, they must be related

nobody is happily wedded

Sartre and Beauvoir.
>inb4 not really talented senpai
Eh, close enough.

is this a troll post?

Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald, only they were both shitty unimportant footnotes in literature, and not great literary figures like you asked.

Niles Crane and Daphne Moon

Are you shitposting, or joking?

I hope you're as retarded as you sound so you can't understand me when I tell you to go kill yourself. I don't need retards swinging on a rope on my conscious

Martinelli and Pound
Nin and Miller, but they weren't married.
And Sartre and de Beauvoir, but someone else already said that.

Somebody will unironically google their names

Arkady & Boris Strugatsky. Homomarriage was obviously out of the question back then, so posing as "brothers" was one way a same sex couple could live together without raising eyebrows, as well as have some legal rights towards each other's property and even get to share the same last name.

Pevear&Volokhonsky

P.Shelley and M.Shelley

Christ no.
Senpai I don't keep up with autistic american sitcoms.

I'm so fucking confused. Is the the worst bait or the best bait ever constructed?

Any fag couples?

>The great pairs tend not to actually get married. Abelard and Heloise as well as Sartre and Beauvoir come to mind.

Gysin wouldn't marry Burroughs because he didn't wanna get shot in the face.

Nathaniel and Sophia Hawthorne?

Ted Hughes and Sylvia Plath!

you and your boy's diary desu