Is this for women ?

Is this for women ?

Well, my girlfriend read it when she was 11 and enjoyed it, and then moved on to other, better literature.

Beyond stating that I was a mixture of Colonel Brandon's kindness, Mr Darcy's intellect and Willoughby's handsomeness, she's never mentioned it.

Honestly it made me read them to see if it was a compliment or not.

No. It was ghost written by a man. Checkmate, libtards.

I'm reading it rn. Like, idk, is this supposed to be chicklit or womenlit ?

It's okay. Like I said, my girlfriend read it when she was young, but she's a voracious reader. Apparently most girls love Mr Darcy (although my gf didn't). I don't know if that means its for women, but women certainly enjoy it. It's a romance after all.

Moby Dick is a better book D E S U ~

I will get into it later. I knew this book is a popular classic and i've bought it so i have to finish it.

Will it be embarrassing to read this book in public ? I'm a 23 yr old male

No, you might even attract a girl, provided you're okay looking.

It's embarrassing to read in public period. Play a game or look at your phone or something.

Why? It does the same job as a phone, but is more interesting.

grow up

AMERICANS JUST

DO
NOT
GET

JANE AUSTEN. IT PROBABLY HAS TO DO WITH THEIR OWN BRAND OF IN-YOUR-FACE HUMOUR.

SHOW ME ONE PIECE OF DELICATE SATIRE WRITTEN BY AN AMERICAN.

JANE AUSTEN IS A MASTER OF THE ENGLISH-LANGUAGE AND A MASTER OF SATIRE.

THE NOVEL'S OPENING LINE:

>It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune,
must be in want of a wife.

iS ONE OF THE GREATEST SENTENCES IN THE ENGLISH-LANGUAGE.

SO MUCH MEANING IS PACKED INTO ONE DELICATE FOREBODING SENTENCE IT IS REMARKABLE.

AMERICANS CANNOT SEE THE SATIRE.

SHAME.

Go to bed Trump, you have to be up early tomorrow.

How is reading in public related to any age? Phones are just as antisocial.

>It's embarrassing to read in public period

How narcissistic do you have to be to actually believe this? The world doesn't care whether you play on your phone or read books. When you go out in public nobody pays attention to you.

You're not the centre of the universe. Grow up.

only the pleb kind

Fuck off. The world LITERALLY revolves around me. Strangers look at me when I'm not looking at them. I know. They're pointing and laughing. Analysing all aspects of my actions. Trying to trap me somehow. Trying to move into my blind spot so I don't notice them. Trying to inch their tentacles closer and closer. And they get bolder each day! So don't tell me what to do, asshole

Freud would have a field day with this generation.

What has Freud got to do with anything? Why not Jung? Or any of the literally dozens of equally influential psychoanalysts?

Freud is the go-to reference for anything related to psychology/psychiatry/psychoanalysis as far as pseuds are concerned. I cringe every time someone says "freudian" in movies and tv shows

*cough* MARK TWAIN YOU FUCKING LIMEY! JESUS FUCK! *cough cough*