Who understands SU(5)-Like Model?

Is there anyone that can explain this lecture?

youtube.com/watch?v=v3ivpV5OSUs

Other urls found in this thread:

arxiv.org/abs/1303.1202
journals.aps.org/rmp/abstract/10.1103/RevModPhys.51.591),
arxiv.org/abs/0707.1889).
youtube.com/watch?v=o589CAu73UM
nybooks.com/articles/2016/10/13/economic-boycott-israeli-settlements/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

all of the ASHKENAZI girls in that audience are soaking their panties for sure

F-Theory is one of the more complicated theories in String Theory. So probably no one here.

I saw Ed Witten in a grocery store in NJ today. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, "Oh, like you're doing now?"

I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw Ed trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

What is it's significance in physics?

No idea what he is talking about. But it's very comfy background noise to do my pure math work to.

F-Theory compactified on calabi-yau 4-folds are some of the most phenomenologically realistic string theories.

he sounds like a weiner

What do you mean by realistic string theory?

"Phenomenologically realistic" means in low energy limits it recovers some form of the standard model.

>Is there anyone that can explain this lecture?
surely not the goys from Veeky Forums, that will need another BAB

To be honest since the sequence [math]SU(2)_k[/math] is found have some sort correspondence with the metaplectic groups [math]SO(m)_2[/math] where [math]m = 2k + 1[/math] I wouldn't be surprised if there's a similar correspondence between the sequence [math]SU(5)_k[/math] and some other type of super-Lie groups. Since TQFTs with a symmetries of [math]SU(2)_k[/math] and their connection with the corresponding CFTs with modular groups [math]SO(m)_2[/math] are very well studied there may be something similar (again) that we could do to understand topological theories on [math]SU(5)_k[/math], and maybe even that of the asymptotic limit [math]k\rightarrow \infty[/math].
Here arxiv.org/abs/1303.1202 is an article with details about this. The role of the metaplectic UMC could perhaps be modified to give a bridge between the [math]SU(5)_k[/math] sequence and whatever.

Please elorborate more. You're very knowledgeable. I think he mentioned gauge theory in the lecture. How is it related to physics?

>I think he mentioned gauge theory in the lecture. How is it related to physics?
Given a manifold [math]M[/math] and a Lie group [math]G[/math], the principal [math]G[/math] bundle [math]P \rightarrow G \rightarrow M[/math] defines a connection [math]A \in \Omega^1(M)\otimes \mathfrak{g}[/math] (and thus a curvature [math]F[/math]) on the manifold [math]M[/math]. The gauge group [math]\mathcal{G} = \operatorname{Map}(M,G)[/math] is the group of smooth maps from [math]M[/math] to [math]G[/math], and the connection [math]A[/math] and the curvature [math]F[/math] transform covariantly under its action as [math]A \rightarrow g^{-1}Ag + g^{-1}dg[/math] and [math]F \rightarrow g^{-1}Fg[/math]. This allows us to define gauge theories with an action [math]S[/math], which is a function (of the quantized sections [math]\psi[/math] of [math]M[/math] and its covariant derivatives, the connection [math]A[/math] and the curvature [math]F[/math]) that satisfies additional symplectic conditions.
A TQFT is a gauge theory with "purely topological data", meaning that the theory has no dynamics (i.e. the Hamiltonian is identically 0 up to gauge choice and all phases are geometric). Chern-Simons and Wess-Zumino-Witten actions are examples of actions that give rise to TQFTs, and they are used mainly to describe defects (see journals.aps.org/rmp/abstract/10.1103/RevModPhys.51.591), among them Dirac monopoles, the Aharonov-Bohm effect, cosmological strings, quantum Hall effect, etc. The surprising thing is that the sequence [math]SU(2)_k[/math] of Chern-Simons theory can be mapped onto a conformal field theory with modular (conformal) group [math]SL(m,\mathbb{Z})_2[/math], i.e. the (universal enveloping algebra of the) Virasoro algebra (see arxiv.org/abs/0707.1889). This is one example of the correspondence I was talking about, and which was made mathematically explicit in the article I linked in the previous post.

Only the video isn't discussing topological theories.

Sure, but if topological theories with [math]SU(5)[/math] as gauge groups can be understood then the dynamical theory would become much more tractable.

That's because Jews, especially Ashkenazim, have the highest percentage of Neanderthal DNA.
youtube.com/watch?v=o589CAu73UM

Interesting

nybooks.com/articles/2016/10/13/economic-boycott-israeli-settlements/

apparently Witten is an anti-zionist hmmm

>That's because Jews, especially Ashkenazim, have the highest percentage of Neanderthal DNA.
>youtube.com/watch?v=o589CAu73UM

A Large & Heavy Skull & most of all a Huge Nasal Cavity ... Neanderthal wasn't just Big Brained he also might as well spoken.

Large & Heavy Skull
Huge Nasal Cavity
Big brain

BIG Ashkenazim BRAIN

once ASHKENAZI ascend to the higher plane of existence (180+ iq) they consider their fellow jews subhuman lecherous lepers that they do not wish to associate with and only want to pursue the secrets of the universe

Witten should seed every ASHKENAZI womb on the planet via in vitro so the jews may ascend to the next plane of existence and leave their worldy squabbles to the lesser races of the world

if witten was global dictator he'd pass a law barring all ASHKENAZIS from all professions except math and physics research and we'd have a GLOBAL utopia

Indeed. Since topological effects are nonperturbative we need techniques other than the Feynman diagrams in order to tackle it, and the functional determinants method can only go so far. If we have a good idea of how the topological contents of a theory work, the dynamics can be analyzed with standard techniques such as RG flow.

Ashkenazi Jews besides Math & Physics also dominates Economics

Economics is the 3rd smartest Academic Field after Math & Physics.

Uses the 3rd highest amount of math

And the most lucrative field so far.

top kek

how much white/caucasian blood does ed witten have in him?

Exactly what level of acadamia is this lecture being taught at?

Are these PhD students?

Nothing important since SUSY is dead in the water as a theory.

I always crack the fuck up at this lame copypasta idk why

K

>anti-zionist
=/= anti-semitic

yeah, seems about right for a smart person